- Volume 63 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Operating Characteristic Analysis of the Induction Generator by the Reactor Starting
리액터 기동 유도발전기의 동작 특성 해석
- Kim, Jong-Gyeum (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gangneung-wonju National University)
- Received : 2014.06.30
- Accepted : 2014.07.28
- Published : 2014.09.01
In general, the voltage stability of induction generator is lower than synchronous generator. However, induction generator has many advantages rather than a synchronous generator in terms of price and maintenance. So Induction generator is used little by little in small hydroelectric power station rather than 1000kW recently. Squirrel cage induction generator generates a high inrush current at the grid-connection. This high inrush current causes a voltage drop on the grid. In order to increase the penetration of the induction generator, it is necessary to present a method of reducing inrush current. In this study, we suggested that it is possible to present a reactor startup method, by applying the parameter to reduce the voltage drop.
- 2012 New & Renewable Energy, MOKE & KEMCO
- Yong-kuk Kim, Jong-Gyeum Kim, "A Study on the Operation Characteristic of Induction Generator in the Small Hydropower Plant", KIEE, Vol. 62, No.5, pp.632-638, 2013. 05 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.632
- Yong-kuk Kim, Jong-Gyeum Kim, Seung Hyun Lim, Young-Kwan Choi, "Study for selection of generator type in the small hydropower plant by analyzing the power flow of the distribution line the plant is connected", KIEE, EMECS Autumn Conference, 2012, 11
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, Young-Jeen Park, Il-Jung Kim, Young-Kuk-Kim, "Characteristics Analysis of Induction generator with a change in rotor speed", KIEE, Vol.60, No.18, pp.2225-2229, 2011. 12 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.12.2225
- K. S. Pankaj, J. P. Nelson, "Application Guidelines for Induction Generators," in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 18-21, 1997, Paper WC1/5.1 - WC1/5.3.
- M. Godoy Simoes & Felix A. Farret, "Renewable Energy Systems-Design and Analysis with Induction Generators", CRC Press, 2004
- D. S. Henderson, "Synchronous or induction Generators? -The choice for small scale generation", IEE Conf, Pub, pp.146-149, 1996
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Characteristics Analysis for Reactor starting method of 3-phase Induction Motor considering saturation", KIIEE, Vol.26, No.8, pp. 65-70, 2012.8 https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2012.26.8.065
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Starting Characterization of Induction Motor using Reactor Tap Change", KIEE, Vol.63P, No.1, pp. 24-28, 2014.3 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2014.63.1.024
- H. W. Dommel, "Electromagnetic Transients Program. Reference Manual (EMTP Theory Book)", BPA 1986.