- Volume 63 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Integrated Start-up and Excitation System for Gas Turbine Synchronous Generator
가스터빈 동기기 통합형 기동 및 여자시스템 개발
- Received : 2014.07.28
- Accepted : 2014.08.21
- Published : 2014.09.01
Power conversion systems used in large gas turbine power plant can be divided into two main part. Because of the initial start-up characteristic of the gas turbine combustor, the gas turbine must be accelerated by starting device(LCI : Load Commutated Inverter) up to 10%~20% of rated speed to ignite it. In addition, the ECS(Excitation Control system) is used to control the rotor field current and reactive power in grid-connected synchronous generator. These two large power conversion systems are located in the same space(container) because of coordination control. Recently, many manufactures develop high speed controller based on function block available in the LCI and ECS with the newest power semiconductor. We also developed high speed controller based on function block to be using these two system and it meets the international standard IEC61131 as using real-time OS(VxWorks) and ISaGRAF. In order to install easily these systems at power plant, main controller, special module and IO module are used with high speed communication line other than electric wire line. Before initial product is installed on the site, prototype is produced and tests are conducted for it. The performance results of Integrated controller and application program(SFC, ECS) were described in this paper. The test results will be considered as the important resources for the application in future.
Load commutated inverter;Excitation system;Integrated redundant controller
- Hiroshi Ogino etc, "Static starting device for the start-up of the gas turbine using position sensorless control method", 2011 ECCE Asia.
- Hoseon Ryu, Hanju Cha, "Start-up analysis and commissioning test of LCI System for 183MW large synchronous machine", KIEE Vol. 62, No.5, pp 626-631, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.626
- "SFC operation and maintenance manual", ABB/GE, 2002/2010.
- Jin Guangzhe etc, "Research on system of Self controlled soft start with variable frequency for synchronous motor", 2012 ECCE Asia.
- P. Kundur, "Power system stability and control" McGraw-Hill Inc., 1994.
- IEEE Standard 421.5-1992, IEEE recommended practice for excitation system models for power system stability studies.
- lEEE Std 421.2-1990, IEEE Guide for identification, testing, and evaluation of the dynamic performance of excitation control systems.
- N. Mohan, T.M. Undeland and W.P. Robbins, "Power electronics, converters, applications, and design", John Wiley & Son, Inc., pp.143-146, 1995.
- David Finney, "Variable frequency AC motor drive systems",peter Peregrinus LTD, pp.202, 1988.
- Beat Mueller, Thomas Spinanger, and Dieter Wallstein, "Static variable frequency starting and drive system for large synchronous motors", IEEE IAS 1979, 13B, pp429-438.
- O. Kolb, F. Pender, V. Suchanek, "Static starting equipment for gas turbosets", Brown Boveri REV. 66 1979 (2) 104-112.
- The Development of EPSM(Exciter Power Supply Module) Localization in Generator Exciter(EX2100) System vol.65, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2016.65.2.101