- Volume 37 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparative evaluation of two commercial ELISA kits for detection of PRRS antibodies using sera collected from pigs in various stages of PRRSV infection
다양한 PRRSV 감염상태에 있는 돼지 혈청을 이용한 PRRS 항체 ELISA 키트들의 비교 평가
- Seo, Byoung-Joo (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Hyoun-Il (Optipharm Inc.) ;
- Kim, Won-Il (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.09.13
- Accepted : 2014.09.26
- Published : 2014.09.30
Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) causes major economic losses to the Korean pig industry. ELISA tests using recombinant nucleocapsid protein of PRRSV have been most commonly used for PRRS diagnostics. In the current study, two commercial PRRSV ELISA kits (Bionote PRRSV Antibody ELISA and IDEXX 3XR PRRS Antibody ELISA) have been compared using sera collected from 19 swine farms in various stages of PRRSV infection confirmed by professional diagnostic centers. Thus 130 sera collected from 5 different farms with active PRRSV infection, 130 sera from 6 different farms with PRRS-stabilized status, and 140 sera from 8 different farms with PRRS-free status were evaluated to determine the correlation of test results between those ELISA kits. Both ELISA kits showed a good correlation [PRRSV-positive farms (
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- 김영길. 2014. PRRS 국내에서만 연 1천억원 피해. 백신, 바이러스 '컨트롤 핵심'. 축산신문.
- 정승기, 이재일, 김태중. 2010. 이종항원발현 생균백신 system을 이용한 PRRSV 백신 및 감별진단법 개발. 농림수산식품부 발간번호 11-1541000-000475-01: 1-100.
- Albina E. 1997. Epidemiology of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS): an overview. Vet Microbiol 55: 309-316. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-1135(96)01322-3
- Baron T, Albina E, Leforban Y, Madec F, Guilmoto H, Plana Duran J, Vannier P. 1992. Report on the first outbreaks of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) in France. Diagnosis and viral isolation. Ann Rech Vet 23: 161-166.
- Benfield DA, Nelson E, Collins JE, Harris L, Goyal SM, Robison D, Christianson WT, Morrison RB, Gorcyca D, Chladek D. 1992. Characterization of swine infertility and respiratory syndrome (SIRS) virus. J Vet Diagn Invest 4: 127-133. https://doi.org/10.1177/104063879200400202
- Chen C, Fan W, Jia X, Li J, Bi Y, Liu W. 2013. Development of a recombinant N-Gp5c fusion protein-based ELISA for detection of antibodies to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. J Virol Methods 189: 213-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jviromet.2013.02.003
- Cho SH, Freese WR, Yoon IJ, Trigo AV, Joo HS. 1993. Seroprevalence of indirect fluorescent antibody to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in selected swine herds. J Vet Diagn Invest 5: 259-260. https://doi.org/10.1177/104063879300500220
- Collins J, Dee S, Halbur P, Keffaber K, Lautner B, McCaw M, Rodibaugh M, Sanford E, Yeske P. 1996. Laboratory diagnosis of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PPRS) virus infection. Swine Health and Prod 4: 33-35.
- Denac H, Moser C, Tratschin JD, Hofmann MA. 1997. An indirect ELISA for the detection of antibodies against porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus using recombinant nucleocapsid protein as antigen. J Virol Methods 65: 169-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-0934(97)02186-1
- Johnson CR, Griggs TF, Gnanandarajah J, Murtaugh MP. 2011. Novel structural protein in porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus encoded by an alternative ORF5 present in all arteriviruses. J Gen Virol 92: 1107-1116. https://doi.org/10.1099/vir.0.030213-0
- Kang HW, Oh YN, Song JY, Choi EJ. 2014. Survey of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) on pig farms in Andong and Hapcheon region. Korean J Vet Serv 37: 11-18. https://doi.org/10.7853/kjvs.2014.37.1.11
- Kim JY, Lee SY, Sur JH, Lyoo YS. 2006. Serological and genetic characterization of the European strain of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus isolated in Korea. Korean J Vet Res 46: 363-370.
- Kweon CH, Kwon BJ, Lee HJ, Cho JJ, Hwang EK, Shin JH, Yoon YD, Kang YB, An SH, Kim YH, Huh W, Jun MH, Wensvoort G. 1994. Isolation of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) in Korea. Korean J Vet Res 34: 77-83.
- Meng XJ, Paul PS, Halbur PG, Lum MA. 1995. Phylogenetic analyses of the putative M (ORF 6) and N (ORF 7) genes of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV): implication for the existence of two genotypes of PRRSV in the U.S.A. and Europe. Arch Virol 140: 745-755. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01309962
- Mounir S, Mardassi H., Dea S. 1995. Identification and characterization of the porcine reproductive and respiratory virus ORFs 7, 5 and 4 products. Adv Exp Med Biol 380: 317-320. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-1899-0_51
- Landis JR, Koch GG. 1977. The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data. Biometrics 33: 159-174. https://doi.org/10.2307/2529310
- Rossow KD, Collins JE, Goyal SM, Nelson EA, Christopher-Hennings J, Benfield DA. 1995. Pathogenesis of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection in gnotobiotic pigs. Vet Pathol 32: 361-373. https://doi.org/10.1177/030098589503200404
- Stadejek T, Stankevicius A, Storgaard T, Oleksiewicz MB, Belak S, Drew TW, Pejsak Z. 2002. Identification of radically different variants of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in Eastern Europe: towards a common ancestor for European and American viruses. J Gen Virol 83: 1861-1873. https://doi.org/10.1099/0022-1317-83-8-1861
- Takikawa N, Kobayashi S, Ide S, Yamane Y, Tanaka Y, Yamagishi H. 1996. Detection of antibodies against porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) virus in swine sera by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Vet Med Sci 58: 355-357. https://doi.org/10.1292/jvms.58.355
- Venteo A, Rebollo B, Sarraseca J, Rodriguez MJ, Sanz A. 2012. A novel double recognition enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay based on the nucleocapsid protein for early detection of European porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection. J Virol Methods 181: 109-113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jviromet.2012.01.024
- Yoon IJ, Joo HS, Goyal SM, Molitor TW. 1994. A modified serum neutralization test for the detection of antibody to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in swine sera. J Vet Diagn Invest 6: 289-292. https://doi.org/10.1177/104063879400600326
- Yoon KJ, Zimmerman JJ, Swenson SL, McGinley MJ, Eernisse KA, Brevik A, Rhinehart LL, Frey ML, Hill HT, Platt KB. 1995. Characterization of the humoral immune response to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) virus infection. J Vet Diagn Invest 7: 305-312. https://doi.org/10.1177/104063879500700302
- Zimmerman JJ, Yoon KJ, Wills RW, Swenson SL. 1997. General overview of PRRSV: a perspective from the United States. Vet Microbiol 55: 187-196. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-1135(96)01330-2
- Seroprevalence of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) in Gyeongbuk province vol.38, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7853/kjvs.2015.38.1.9
- Seroprevalence of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) and porcine circovirus-2 (PCV-2) in pig farms in Gyeongbuk province vol.38, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7853/kjvs.2015.38.3.163