- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Early loading on a maxillary posterior single implant with deepened threads: a case report
깊은 나사선을 갖는 임플란트를 이용한 상악 구치부 조기 하중: 증례보고
- Han, Chang-Hoon (EasyPlant Dental Clinic) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Seung (RIS Foundation for Advanced Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University) ;
- Park, Sang-Won (RIS Foundation for Advanced Biomaterials, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University) ;
- Yun, Kwi-Dug (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University) ;
- Joo, Han-Sung (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lim, Hyun-Pil (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University)
- 한창훈 (이지플란트 치과의원) ;
- 김현승 (전남대학교 미래형생체부품소재 RIS 사업단) ;
- 박상원 (전남대학교 미래형생체부품소재 RIS 사업단) ;
- 윤귀덕 (전남대학교 치의학전문대학원 보철학교실) ;
- 주한성 (전남대학교 치의학전문대학원 보철학교실) ;
- 임현필 (전남대학교 치의학전문대학원 보철학교실)
- Received : 2014.06.16
- Accepted : 2014.08.15
- Published : 2014.09.30
This case report shows an early loading at the maxillary posterior area with the wide diameter implant which has a deepened threads after removal of failed implant. Implant Stability Quotient (ISQ) value has represented favorable result for one year. This clinical report describes the potential of early loading on a maxillary posterior single implant with deepened threads.
- Attard NJ, Zarb GA. Immediate and early implant loading protocols: a literature review of clinical studies. J Prosthet Dent 2005;94:242-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prosdent.2005.04.015
- Ostman PO. Immediate/early loading of dental implants. Clinical documentation and presentation of a treatment concept. Periodontol 2000 2008;47:90-112. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0757.2007.00244.x
- Sennerby L, Meredith N. Implant stability measurements using resonance frequency analysis: biological and biomechanical aspects and clinical implication. Periodontol 2000 2008;47:51-66. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0757.2008.00267.x
- Chee W, Jivraj S. Efficiency of immediately loaded mandibular full-arch implant restorations. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2003;5:52-6. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1708-8208.2003.tb00182.x
- Sennerby L, Meredith N. Resonance frequency analysis: measuring implant stability and osseointegration. Compend Contin Educ Dent 1998;19:493-8.
- Norton MR. A short-term clinical evaluation of immediately restored maxillary TiOblast singletooth implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2004;19:274-81.
- Glauser R, Sennerby L, Meredith N, Ree A, Lundgren A, Gottlow J, Hammerle CH. Resonance frequency analysis of implants subjected to im-mediate or early functional occlusal loading. Successful vs. failing implants. Clin Oral Implants Res 2004;15:428-34. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2004.01036.x
- Ostman PO, Hellman M, Wendelhag I, Sennerby L. Resonance frequency analysis measurements of implants at placement surgery. Int J Prosthodont 2006;19:77-83.
- Ostman PO, Hellman M, Sennerby L. Immediate occlusal loading of implants in the partially edentate mandible: a prospective 1-year radiographic and 4-year clinical study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2008;23:315-22.
- Glauser R, Ree A, Lundgren A, Gottlow J, Hammerle CH, Scharer P. Immediate occlusal loading of Branemark implants applied in various jaw bone regions: a prospective, 1-year clinical study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2001;3:204-13. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1708-8208.2001.tb00142.x
- Achilli A, Tura F, Euwe E. Immediate/early function with tapered implants supporting maxillary and mandibular posterior fixed partial dentures: preliminary results of a prospective multicenter study. J Prosthet Dent 2007;97:S52-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(07)60008-0
- Rao W, Benzi R. Single mandibular first molar implants with flapless guided surgery and immediate function: preliminary clinical and radiographic results of a prospective study. J Prosthet Dent 2007;97:S3-S14. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(07)60003-1
- Rocci A, Martignoni M, Gottlow J. Immediate loading of Brånemark system TiUnite and machinedsurface implants in the posterior mandible: a randomized open-ended clinical trial. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2003;5 Suppl 1:57-63.
- Nedir R, Bischof M, Szmukler-Moncler S, Bernard JP, Samson J. Predicting osseointegration by means of implant primary stability. Clin Oral Implants Res 2004;15:520-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2004.01059.x
- Ericsson I, Nilson H, Lindh T, Nilner K, Randow K. Immediate functional loading of Brånemark single tooth implants. An 18 months' clinical pilot follow-up study. Clin Oral Implants Res 2000;11:26-33. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0501.2000.011001026.x
- Meredith N, Alleyne D, Cawley P. Quantitative determination of the stability of the implant-tissue interface using resonance frequency analysis. Clin Oral Implants Res 1996;7:261-7. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0501.1996.070308.x
- Sim CP, Lang NP. Factors influencing resonance frequency analysis assessed by Osstell mentor during implant tissue integration: I. Instrument positioning, bone structure, implant length. Clin Oral Implants Res 2010;21:598-604. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2009.01878.x
- Ersanli S, Karabuda C, Beck F, Leblebicioglu B. Resonance frequency analysis of one-stage dental implant stability during the osseointegration period. J Periodontol 2005;76:1066-71. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2005.76.7.1066
- Barewal RM, Oates TW, Meredith N, Cochran DL. Resonance frequency measurement of implant stability in vivo on implants with a sandblasted and acid-etched surface. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2003;18:641-51.
- Crismani AG, Bernhart T, Schwarz K, Celar AG, Bantleon HP, Watzek G. Ninety percent success in palatal implants loaded 1 week after placement: a clinical evaluation by resonance frequency analysis. Clin Oral Implants Res 2006;17:445-50. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2005.01223.x