- Volume 17 Issue 3
Fracture of Proximal Humerus in the Lateral Anchor Site after Suture Bridge Repair - A Case Report
DOI QR Code
Park, Kyoung-Jin;Kim, Yong-Min;Kim, Dong-Soo;Choi, Eui-Sung;Keum, Sang-Wook;Kil, Kyoung-Min;Lim, Chae-Wook;Park, Sang-Jun
- 투고 : 2014.01.06
- 심사 : 2014.06.15
- 발행 : 2014.09.30
To report the fracture of proximal humerus in the lateral anchor site after suture bridge repair. A 57-year-old female patient with shoulder pain on the right-side was admitted through the emergency room following a car accident. Seven weeks before the accident, the patient had undergone surgery at a different hospital for the repair of supraspinatus tendon rupture on the right-side via suture bridge technique. Humerus surgical neck fracture was confirmed by X-ray, and proximal humerus fracture at the anchor site was confirmed by magnetic resonance imaging. Following 7 months of conservative treatment resulted in satisfactory bone union and motion of the shoulder joint. We report the need of close observation during and after the arthroscopic repair of the rotator cuff in patients with osteoporosis.
Rotator cuff;Suture anchors;Shoulder fracture
- Giori NJ, Sohn DH, Mirza FM, Lindsey DP, Lee AT. Bone cement improves suture anchor fixation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006;451:236-41. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.blo.0000223984.67325.af
- Lehman C, Cuomo F, Kummer FJ, Zuckerman JD. The incidence of full thickness rotator cuff tears in a large cadaveric population. Bull Hosp Jt Dis. 1995;54(1):30-1.
- Tingart MJ, Apreleva M, Zurakowski D, Warner JJ. Pullout strength of suture anchors used in rotator cuff repair. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003;85(11):2190-8. https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-200311000-00021
- Park MC, Elattrache NS, Ahmad CS, Tibone JE. "Transosseous-equivalent" rotator cuff repair technique. Arthroscopy. 2006;22(12):1360.e1-5.
- Freehill MQ, Harms DJ, Huber SM, Atlihan D, Buss DD. Poly-L-lactic acid tack synovitis after arthroscopic stabilization of the shoulder. Am J Sports Med. 2003;31(5):643-7. https://doi.org/10.1177/03635465030310050201
- Athwal GS, Shridharani SM, O'Driscoll SW. Osteolysis and arthropathy of the shoulder after use of bioabsorbable knotless suture anchors. A report of four cases. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006;88(8):1840-5. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.E.00721
- Banerjee S, Weiser L, Connell D, Wallace AL. Glenoid rim fracture in contact athletes with absorbable suture anchor reconstruction. Arthroscopy. 2009;25(5):560-2. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2008.10.027