- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Mechanical Fixation Made of Aluminum Alloy in an Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine
- Lee, Jiyoung (Electric Motor Research Center, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute) ;
- Park, Byounggung (Electric Motor Research Center, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute) ;
- Koo, Daehyun (Electric Motor Research Center, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.07.31
- Accepted : 2014.08.19
- Published : 2014.09.30
This paper presents an eddy current loss analysis of a Mechanical Fixation (MF) made of 6061 aluminum alloy, which is used for an NS type double-rotor single-stator axial flux permanent magnet machine. The prototype MF made of aluminum alloy shows good mechanical performance, but poor electro-magnetic performance, since the machine's efficiency can decrease because of eddy current loss in the MF. In order to prevent efficiency decrease, a modification of the MF structure is also introduced. Three-dimensional finite element analysis (FEA) is used for magnetic field analysis, and eddy current losses are computed. The analysis results are compared to, and verified by the test results.
Supported by : Agency for Defense Development
- T. F. Chan, W. Wang, and L. L. Lai, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 25, 669 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2010.2042057
- F. Marignetti, V. D. Colli, and S. Carbone, IEEE Trans. Magn. 46, 598 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2034021
- J. Y. Lee, D. H. Koo, S. R. Moon, and C. K. Han, IEEE Trans. Magn. 48, 2977 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2199093
- M. Aydin, S. Huang, and T. A. Lipo, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 53, 822 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.874268
- T. J. Woolmer and M. D. McCulloch, Electric Machine & Drives Conference, IEMDC'07, (2007) pp. 704-708.
- T. J. Woolmer and M. D. McCulloch, Hybrid Vehicle Conference, IET, (2006) pp. 27-42.
- J. Y. Lee, S. R. Moon, D. H. Koo, D. H. Kang, G. H. Lee, and J. P. Hong, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology 6, 350 (2011). https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.3.350
- J. Y. Lee, D. H. Koo, D. H. Kang, and J. P. Hong, J. Magn. 17, 51 (2012). https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2012.17.1.051
- D. Lin, P. Zhou, and Q. M. Chen, IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conf. (VPPC), Harbin, China (2008).
- Maxwell Online Help, Ansoft Corporation, http:// www.ansoft.co.kr/.
- Design and Comparison of Multistage Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machines for Potable Generating Application vol.20, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2015.20.4.413