- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Shape Design Sensitivity Analysis of Dynamic Crack Propagation Problems using Peridynamics and Parallel Computation
페리다이나믹스 이론과 병렬연산을 이용한 균열진전 문제의 형상 설계민감도 해석
- Kim, Jae-Hyun (National Creative Research Initiatives(NCRI) Center for Isogeometric Optimal Design, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Cho, Seonho (National Creative Research Initiatives(NCRI) Center for Isogeometric Optimal Design, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2014.07.13
- Accepted : 2014.07.25
- Published : 2014.08.30
Using the bond-based peridynamics and the parallel computation with binary decomposition, an adjoint shape design sensitivity analysis(DSA) method is developed for the dynamic crack propagation problems. The peridynamics includes the successive branching of cracks and employs the explicit scheme of time integration. The adjoint variable method is generally not suitable for path-dependent problems but employed since the path of response analysis is readily available. The accuracy of analytical design sensitivity is verified by comparing it with the finite difference one. The finite difference method is susceptible to the amount of design perturbations and could result in inaccurate design sensitivity for highly nonlinear peridynamics problems with respect to the design. It turns out that
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bowden F.P., Brunton J.H., Field J.E., Heyes A.D. (1967) Controlled Fracture of Brittle Solids and Interruption of Electrical Current, Nature, 216, pp.38-42. https://doi.org/10.1038/216038a0
- Cho S., Choi K.K. (2000) Design Sensitivity Analysis and Optimization of Non-linear Transient Dynamics Part I-sizing Design, Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng. 48, pp.351-373. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(20000530)48:3<351::AID-NME878>3.0.CO;2-P
- Choi, K.K., Haug, E.J. (1983) Shape Design Sensitivity Analysis of Elastic Structures, Journal of Structural Mechanics, 11(2), pp.231-269. https://doi.org/10.1080/03601218308907443
- Ha, Y.D. Cho, S. (2011) Dynamic Brittle Fracture Captured with Peridynamics: Crack Branching Angle and Crack Propagation Speed, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 24(6), pp.637-643.
- Hu Wenke (2012) Peridynamic Models for Dynamic Brittle Fracture, Engineering Mechanics Dissertations & Theses, Paper 28.
- Jang, H.-J., Kim, J.-H., Park, Y., Cho. S. (2014) Adjoint Design Sensitivity Analysis of Molecular Dynamics in Parallel Computing Environment, International Journal of Mechanics and Materials in Design, In Press.
- Nam, K.N., Park, I.H., Ko, S.H. (2012) Patterning by Controlled Cracking, Nature 485, pp.221-224. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature11002
- Silling, S.A. (2000) Reformulation of Elasticity Theory for Discontinuities and Long-range Force, J Mech Phys Solid, 48, pp.175-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5096(99)00029-0
- Structural Design Optimization of Dynamic Crack Propagation Problems Using Peridynamics vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.4.425