- Volume 13 Issue 3
Global economic recession, global market reduction, and the deteriorating economic recession are forcing the industry to reconsider the business plan and strategy related to supply chain regardless of the size of the companies. During the economic recession caused by financial anxiety, development of international collaborative producer is the key theme for a manufacturing industry to get over the situation. Especially, development of high-skilled people who are capable of handling global manufacturing management is the key factor in China which shifted from a world factory to a world market. In this background, we started the international project of global manufacturing education and training for Chinese company managers from 2009. In this paper, based on the research conducted by the universities and companies in China, a design of global manufacturing education and training is proposed. This presented design is based on the theory of Japanese production strategy and investigation of actual conditions for Chinese companies and the research methodology of business management practice with efficiency and productive for international level management organization. The effectiveness of the education design is evaluated by applying the international education and training project of Aoyama Gakuin Human Innovation Consulting Inc. and Vigor Management Technology Association.
Manufacturing Training;Global Education Design;Human Resources;Supply Chain Management
- Ahmadjian, C. L. and Lincoln, J. R. (2001), Keiretsu, governance, and learning: case studies in change from the Japanese automotive industry, Organization Science, 12(6), 683-701. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.12.6.683.10086
- Nobuaki, I., Masaaki M. (2012), Communication-centered project management for requirements definition phase, Industrial Engineering and Management Systems, 11(1), 39-47. https://doi.org/10.7232/iems.2012.11.1.039
- Schonberger, R. J. (2007), Japanese production management: an evolution-with mixed success, Journal of Operations Management, 25(2), 403-419. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2006.04.003
- Sun, J., Matsui, M., and Yin, Y. (2012), Supplier risk management: an economic model of P-chart considered due-date and quality risks, International Journal of Production Economics, 139(1), 58-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2012.03.004
- Tamaki, K. (2009), How Japanese company takes measures to meet global financial anxiety, in Economic Forum of Vigor Management Technology Association.
- Yin, Y., Liu, C., and Kaku, I. (2011), Cooperation and leadership policies in a serial supply chain, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 30(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2011.03.001