- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Computational Study on the Shock Structure and Thrust Performance of a Supersonic Nozzle with Overexpanded Flow
과대팽창이 발생하는 초음속노즐의 충격파 구조와 추력성능에 대한 수치적 연구
- Bae, Dae Seok (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Choi, Hyun Ah (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kam, Ho Dong (Defense R&D Center, Hanwha Corporation) ;
- Kim, Jeong Soo (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2014.06.08
- Accepted : 2014.07.15
- Published : 2014.08.01
Overexpanded flow of an axisymmetric thruster nozzle is numerically simulated to investigate effects of nozzle pressure ratio (NPR) on the shock structure and thrust performance. The Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes equations with k-
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Sutton, G.P., History of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines, AIAA, Reston, V.A., U.S.A., 2006.
- Kam, H.D. and Kim, J.S., "Assessment and Validation of Turbulence Models for the Optimal Computation of Supersonic Nozzle Flow," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 18-25, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2013.17.1.018
- Cooper, G.K., Jordan, J.L. and Phares, W. J., "Analysis Tool for Application to Ground Testing of Highly Underexpanded Nozzles," AIAA Paper 87-2015, 1987.
- Kwon, S.D., Kim, S.C., Kim, J.S. and Choi, J.W., "Computation of Two-dimensional Nozzle Flow with the Variation of Pressure and Length Ratios," Journal of the Korean Society of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 281-286, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2007.35.4.281
- Jung, H., Kim, J.H., Kim, J.S. and Bae, D.S., "Pulse-mode Response Characteristics of a Small LRE for the Precise 3-axes Control of Flight Attitude in SLV," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2013.17.1.001
- ANSYS Fluent User's Guide 14.5, ANSYS Inc., 2012.
- Patankar, S.V., Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, McGRAW-HILL, New York, N.Y., U.S.A., 1980.
- ANSYS Fluent Theory Guide 14.5, ANSYS Inc., 2012.
- Chen, Z.J. and Pezekwas, A.J., "A Coupled Pressure-based Computational Method for Incompressible/Compressible Flows," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 299, No. 24, pp. 9150-9165, 2010.
- Leer, B.V., "Flux Vector Splitting for the Euler Equations," Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 170, pp. 507-512, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-11948-5_66
- ANSYS ICEM CFD User Manual 14.5, SAS IP Inc., 2012.
- Menter, F.R., "Two-Equation Eddy- Viscosity Turbulence Models for Engineering Applications," AIAA, Vol. 32, No. 8, pp. 1598-1605, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.12149
- Wang, W., Gao, J., Shi, X. and Xu, L., "Cooling Performance Analysis of Steam Cooled Gas Turbine Nozzle Guide Vane," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 62, pp. 668-679, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2013.02.080
- Dalbello, T., Georgiadis, N.J., Yoder, D.A. and Keith, T.G., "Computational Study of Axisymmetric Off-Design Nozzle Flows," NASA TM-2003-212876, 2003.
- Kam, H.D., Kim, J.S. and Bae, D.S., "Performance Analysis and Configuration Design of the Thruster Nozzle for Ground-firing Test and Evaluation," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 10-16, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2012.16.2.010
- John, J.E. and Keith, T.G., Gas Dynamics, 3rd Ed., Pearson Education, Upper Saddle River, N.J., U.S.A., 2006.
- Kam, H.D., Choi, H.A., Jung, H., Seo, H.S. and Kim, J.S., "Shock Structure and Thrust Performance Analysis of the Thruster Nozzle for Ground-firing Test," 2013 Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers Spring Conference, Busan, pp. 472-476, May. 2013.
- Hill, P.G. and Peterson, C.R., Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion, 2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.J., U.S.A., 2010.