- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Efficiency Test for Surface Protecting Agents for the Chemical Resistance of Concrete Structures Using Sulfur Polymers
Sulfur Polymer를 사용한 콘크리트 구조물용 내화학성 표면보호재의 성능 평가
- Received : 2014.04.02
- Accepted : 2014.04.30
- Published : 2014.09.30
Structures requiring chemical resistance are usually coated with surface protecting agents, but the cost for maintenance and re-construction is incurred due to the low durability. Therefore, in this study, sulfur was polymerized and the performance was examined so that it could be used as the concrete surface protecting agents for structures requiring chemical resistance. The evaluation results indicated that for the spray of the sulfur polymer surface coating agents, the application of the gravity type was appropriate; and for the number of coating times, about 3 cycle spray gave the best results. For the surface condition of the concrete to be coated with the surface protecting agents, outstanding quality was obtained above room temperature (
Supported by : (주)태영건설
- Guide for mixing and placing sulfur concrete in construction (1993), Report 548.2R-93, ACI Committee 548 (American Concrete Institute), Farmington Hills, MI.
- Mariusz Ksiazek (2013), The intensity of corrosion processes influenced by tensile stress for reinforcing steel covered with sulphur polymer composite applied as industrial waste material, Composites Part B: Engineering, 45(1), 1126-1132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2012.04.072
- Milica M. Vlahovic, Predrag B. Jovanic, Sanja P. Martinovic, Tamara D. Boljanac, Tatjana D. Volkov-Husovic (2013), Quantitative evaluation of sulfur-polymer matrix composite quality, Composites Part B: Engineering, 44(1), 458-466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2012.04.005
- Milica M. Vlahovic, Sanja P. Martinovic, Tamara Dj. Boljanac, Predrag B. Jovanic, Tatjana D. Volkov-Husovic (2011), Durability of sulfur concrete in various aggressive environments, Construction and Building Materials, 25(10), 3926-3934. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.04.024
- Ministry of knowledge economy (2012), Supply and demand situation of mineral produce in 2011, Korea institute of geoscience and mineral resources, 119-120.
- Mohamed AMO (2010), El Gamal MM. Sulfur concrete for the construction industry - A sustainable development approach. J. Ross Publishing.
- Strength Development of Sulfur-Polymer-Based Concrete Surface Protecting Agents Depending on Curing Condition and Hazard Assessment of Sulfur Polymers vol.19, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2015.19.1.139