- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Attack Scheme with a T-DMB TPEG Update based Vulnerability
T-DMB 기반의 TPEG 업데이트 취약점을 이용한 공격 기법
- Kim, Jung-Hoon (Division of Information & Communication, Baekseok University) ;
- Go, Jun-Young (Division of Information & Communication, Baekseok University) ;
- Lee, Keun-Ho (Division of Information & Communication, Baekseok University)
- Received : 2014.07.05
- Accepted : 2014.09.24
- Published : 2014.09.30
The development of communication method for a variety of intelligent automobiles are delivering comfortable and safe information. However the development of such communication method must also think about security. Even the update of navigation to be used for intelligent automobiles uses the wireless updating methods but the updating methods currently being used has no reliable security measures. The navigation communications used in the intelligent automobiles are being provided with TTI(Traffic and Travel Information) service using a variety of methods by the countries. In the case of Korea, most are based on T-DMB using the TPEG method for transmitting the information. By identifying the characteristics on the navigation wireless update, a security solution is proposed for delivering the reliable update information after creating the attack scenario.
APT attack;Intelligent Vehicle;Telematics;T-DMB;TPEG
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kil-Nam Oh, Bong-Soo Kim, Wan-Sik Choi, "An Application of T-DMB TPEG to Telematics", KOCON, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 654-658, 2005.
- Byung-Soo Kim, Seung-Wook Min, "Design and Implementation of Assisted GPS Navigation Systems Using TPEG Protocol of Terrestrial DMB Data Services", KICS, Vol. 35, No. 11, pp. 1618-1623, 2010.
- ISO/TS 18234:2013 Intelligent transport systems -- Traffic and travel information via transport protocol experts group, generation 1 (TPEG1) binary data format, Part 1-6, 2013.
- Hwang-Soo Chun, " TPEG service Promotion Trends", ETRI, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 170-181, 2007.
- Seong-Baek Han, Seong-Gwon Hong, "Countermeasures in the financial sector for the APT attack", KIISC, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 44-53, 2013.