- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Care Giving Burden of Primary Caregiver based on Nursing Needs of Long-term Care lnsurance Grade
노인 장기 요양 보험 등급자의 간호요구에 따른 주 수발자의 부양부담감
- Kim, Mi-Kyoung (Dept. of Nursing, Woosuk University) ;
- Park, Dahye (Dept. of Nursing, Semyoung University) ;
- Ahn, Okhee (Dept. of Nursing, Woosuk University)
- Received : 2014.05.12
- Accepted : 2014.09.12
- Published : 2014.09.30
The purpose of this study was to identify the factors influencing the level of nursing needs of a long-term care service user at home and the care giving burden of a primary caregiver. For this study, data were collected from 152 primary caregivers in J City with self-administered questionnaires and analyzed using multiple regression technique. Among the nursing needs of long-term care giving service users, the level of psychological and social requests was the highest. This study found that two characteristics variables(long-term care insurance benefit level and long-term care giving grade) had difference was statistically significant in physical nursing needs and psychological nursing needs. Out of care giving burden of primary caregivers, physical care giving burden was found to be the highest. Out of factors influencing care giving burden, daily care giving hours was the factor which had strongest influence. Basic living recipients and female primary caregivers showed higher care giving burden. The more care givers there were, the less care giving burden became.
Long-term care;lnsurance Grade;Nursing needs;Caregivers;BurdenKorea Convergence Society
- Korea Statistical Information Service, "Population growth rate, population structure, dependency ratio, index of aging, median age, mean Age(National)", http://www.kosis.kr, 2011.
- Y. K. Lee, "Determinants of long-term care service use by elderly", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 917-933, 2009.
- E. Y. Kim, & J. H. Yeo, "Factors associated with Health-related Quality of Life among Family Caregivers of Elders Receiving Home Care Services", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 117-126, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2012.23.2.117
- Cantor, M. H., Brennan, M. G., & Brennan, M. G. , "Social care of the elderly: The effects of ethnicity, class, and culture", New York: Springer, 2000.
- K. B. Joo, & K. B. Kim, "A study of care burden, burnout, and quality of life among family caregivers for the elderly", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 278-289, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2008.14.4.278
- Briggs, Rick. "Caregiving daughters: Accepting the role of caregiver for elderly parents", Taylor & Francis, 1998.
- Goldstein, Vida, Gretchen Regnery, & Edward Wellin, "Caretaker role fatigue", Nursing Outlook, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 24, 1981.
- S. Z. Orodenker, "Family caregiving in a changing society: The effects of employment on caregiver stress", Family & Community Health, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 58-70, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003727-199002000-00010
- I. Y. Yoo, & M. H. Kim, "Influencing Factors on Care Burden in the Caregivers of Demented Elderly", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 47-57, 2006.
- C. C. Goodman, & J. Pynoos, "A model telephone information and support program for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients", The Gerontologist, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 399-404, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/30.3.399
- L. K. George, & L. P. "Gwyther, Caregiver Weil-Being: A Multidimensional Examination of Family Caregivers of Demented Adults", The Gerontologist, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 253-259, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/26.3.253
- A. A. Amirkhanyan, & D. A. Wolf, "Caregiver stress and noncaregiver stress: Exploring the pathways of psychiatric morbidity", The Gerontologist, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 817-827, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/43.6.817
- K. H. Shin, & S. J. Lee, "A Study on The Nursing Needs of Users and their Service Status and Short-Stay Centers for The Elderly", J. Korea Community Health Nursing Academic Society, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 354-377, 2002.
- Yang Hye Choi, "The health status and the care demand among the solitary elderly and the elderly living with family in rural areas", Hanyang University, 2008.
- Hee Kyung Park, & Kyung Min Park, "Factors Influencing the Burden Felt by Main Family Caregivers of Elderly Patients with Brain and Spinal Diseases", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 389-398, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2011.22.4.389
- In-Kyung Lee, "A Study on the Factors Affecting Caregiving Burden of Primary Caregiver for Long-term Care Elderly at Home", Soongsil University Graduate School, 2010.
- S. J. Rhee, E. H. Chae, & S. R. Jang, "A Study on the Nursing Need to Anxiety and Depression of the Elderly Inpatient at the Hospital", the Journal of the Institute of Health & Environment, Vol, 11, No. 1, pp. 25-38, 2001.
- J. S. Kim, "Comparisons of Health Status and Health Care Needs between Institutionalized and Community-living Elders", Gwangju: Jeonnam National University, 2007.
- J. H. Lee, & K. H. Han, "The Impact of Support of Siblings on Caregiving Burden of the Daughters - in law in Rural Korea", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1-19, 1999.
- X. Sun, H. Lucas, Q. Meng, & Y. Zhang, "Associations between living arrangements and health-related quality of life of urban elderly people: a study from China", Quality of Life Research, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 359-369, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-010-9752-z
- S. H. Yaung, Shinmi. Kim, & S. Y. Kim, "A study of home health care need of the Elderly", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 31-46, 2001.
- J. Y. Gu, "Study on In-Home Older Adults Needs for Home Nursing", Hallym University, 2003.
- H. K. Lee, & B. R. Lee, "The Difference of the Need for Long-term Care Services between the Younger Aged and the Older Aged", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 7-25, 2008.