- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Structural Safety and Fatigue Failure of End Mill
엔드밀의 구조적 안전과 피로 파단에 대한 연구
- Cho, Jae-Ung (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University)
- 조재웅 (공주대학교 기계자동차공학부)
- Received : 2014.04.20
- Accepted : 2014.08.04
- Published : 2014.09.30
The stress between work piece and end mill at the use of end mill at machining and the structural deformation due to the and the pressure are investigated by simulation analysis of three end mill models in this study. These results are achieved with structural and fatigue analyses. Model 1 has the deformation less than model 2 or model 3. As the maximum equivalent stress of model 1 is shown to become the least among all models, model 1 can endure the highest load by comparing with other models. It is useful to estimate the damage prevention and the durability by applying this study result into the design of end mill.
End mill;Torque;Structural deformation;Fatigue analysis;Maximum equivalent stress
- Seo, J. M., and Kim, S. K., 2008, "The Study on Measures for Reducing Safety Accidents of Excavator," The Korea Institute of Building Construction, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 3-144.
- Lim, T. H., and Yang, S. Y., 2006, "Development and Application of Simulator for Hydraulic Excavator,"Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 9 pp. 142-148.
- Kang, S. S., and Cho, S. K., 2010, "Structural Design and Analysis for the Reinforced Frame of Vehicle,"Journal of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 504-510.
- Y. S. Joo, Y. K. Kim, B. W. Kim, J. O. Moon and K. S. Lee, "Structural Analysis of a Large Automobile Frames," Fall Conference Proceedings, KSAE, Vol.2, pp. 1417-1422, 2003.
- H. Y. Kim, S. K. Lee, Y. J. Shin, "Analyses of Deployment Process and Sled Test for Designing Airbag Module", Transactions of KSAE, pp. 118-128, 1998.
- A. K. Kim, Kazi Tunvir, S. J. Park, G. D. Jeong, Md Anwarul Hasan and S. S. Cheon, "Study on Compressive Behavior of Heterogeneous Al-alloy Foam by Cruciform-Hemisphere Model", Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 14, Issue 6, pp. 933, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1088/0965-0393/14/6/004
- T, K, Lee, B, S, Kim, "The structure of an Automotive Woofer Speaker", Jou. of Korean Soc. of Mechanical Technology, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 19-24, 2012.