- Volume 5 Issue 3
This study designed to know subjective structure about type of coping with stress of nursing students using Q-methodology. The statement positions on the sorting continuum were scored from +4(representing the highest level of agreement) through 0(at the neutral position on the continuum) through -4(representing the highest level of disagreement). Factor analysis of the data was undertaken using PC QUANL software to determine if any patterns were discernible. The four types extracted eigenvalues greater than 1.0 and explained approximately 52.14% of the variation in responses(31.73, 10.13, 5.73 and 4.65% respectively).: (1) Positive resolve type, (2) Ignore problem type, (3) Self resolution type and (4) Conversation type. The study results can be utilized in both an effective nursing education and clinical practice.
Stress;Coping;Nursing Students;Q methodology;Subjectivity study
- S. Y. Kim et al., "Comparison to stress, Depression and Self-efficacy between Nursing Student and the Other Major University Women Students", Stress, 18(2), pp. 119-124, 2010.
- H. J. Park et al., "Stress, Depression, Coping Styles and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing education, 16(1), pp. 14-23, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.014
- Lazarus, R. S., et al, " Stress, appraisal and coping", New York, Springer Publishing Co., 1984.
- Y. M. Han, "Coping Strategies and Job Satisfaction of Counsellor=A Study on the Correlation between the Stress", Journal of Human Understanding and Counseling, 23, pp. 41-68, 2002.
- Endler, N. S. et al, "Multidimensional Assessment of Coping A Criticla Evaluation", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 58, pp. 844-854, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1684
- Lazarus, R. S. et al., " Coping and Adaptation: The handbook of behavioral medicine", In W. D. Gentry, ed, New York, Guiford, 1986.
- Y. Y. Lee, "Stress Coping and Adaptation of High School Students", Ajou University, 2003.
- H. S. Lee et al., "A Study of Developing Check List on College Students' Problem and Problem-solving Behavior", Ewha University Student Life Research, 25, pp. 42-103.
- G. G. Jeon, "Development of the Life Stres Scale for College Students: II", Journal of Rehabilitation Science, 14(1), pp. 15-37, 1998.
- S. H. Hwang, "The Relation of College Student's Stress and Coping Style and University Life Adjustment", YeonSei University, Seoul, 1995.
- Timnins, F. et al., "Aspects of nurse education programmes that frequently cause stress to nursing students-fact-finding sample survey., Nurse education today, 22(3), pp. 203-211, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1054/nedt.2001.0698
- Lynch Scott M., et al, "Self-efficacy, Stress, and Academic Success in College, Research in Higher Education, 46(6), pp. 677-706, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11162-004-4139-z
- Akgun S. et al., " learned Resourcefulness moderates the Relationship between Academic Stress and Academic Performance", Educational Psychology, 13(3), pp. 287-294, 2003.
- Struthers, D. et al., "An Examination of the relationship among Academic Stress, Coping, Motivation, and Performance in College", Research in Higher Education, 41(5), ppp, 581-592, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007094931292
- Lohman, B. L. et al., "Adolescent stressors, coping strategies, and psychological health studied in the family contest, Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 29, pp. 15-43, 2005.
- Y. S. Song, "Depression, Stress, Anxiety and Mindfulness in Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 23(4), pp. 397-402, 2011.
- W. W. Lee, et al., "The Effect of Basic Life Support Education on Lay persons' Willingness and Self-confidence in Performing Bystander Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation", Journal of Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, 20(5), pp. 505-509, 2009.
- K. S. Rhu, "A Current Status of High School Students' Stress and the Psycho-educational Approach to Coping the Stress", Suncheon University, 2002.
- J. Y. Kim, " Research on the stressors of high school Students and How they deal with it", Gyemyoung University, 2009.
- H. K. Kim, "Understand and Application of Q Methodology", Seogang University: Seoul, 1990.
- H. K. Lee, "Stress and Coping for Mothers with Children and Adolescents Receiving Outpatient Care", Busan Catholic University, 2012.
- Y. H. Jeong et al., "Job-seeking Stress, Coping Skills, and Psychosocial Health Among the Senior Nursing Students", Korea Social Survey Research, 17, pp. 111-135, 2009.
- S. Y. Min et al., "Self Efficacy and Stress Coping Strategies of Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and mental Health Nursing, 15(3), pp. 299-307, 2006.
- K. H. Lee et al., "Stress and Coping Strategies of Dongguk universtiy Medical students", Dongguk University, 15, pp. 71-88, 1996.
- Williams K. et al, "Coping strategies in Adolescents", Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 20, pp. 537-549, 2000.
- D. H. Kim, "Effects of Stress and Coping of the People Who are Seeking a Job on Emotional Experience and Physical Health", Sangju University, 2008.
- J. J. KIm et al., "Effects of Psychosocial Stress Management on stress and Coping in Student Nurses", Journal of Korean Academic society of Adult Nursing, 16(1), pp. 90-101, 2004.
- Rudolph, K. D., " Approach, Avoidance, and Coping with Stress", American Psychologist, 41(7), pp. 813-819, 2002.