- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of SNE Learner's Performance Using NASA Scaling
- Naveen, A. (Department of computer Application, Dr.MGR University) ;
- Babu, Sangita (Dept. of Computer Science, Hindustan College of Arts & Science)
- Received : 2014.06.22
- Accepted : 2014.09.18
- Published : 2014.09.30
Computer science and computing technologies are applied into mathematical, science, medical, engineering and educational applications. The models are used to solve the issues in all the domains. Educational systems are used top down, bottom up, Gap Analysis model in the educational learning system. Educational learning process integrated with Lerner, content and the methodology. The Learners and content are same in the educational system or similar courses but the teaching methodologies are differing one with another. The determinations of teaching methodologies are based on the factors related to that particular model or subject. The learning model influencing determinations are made by the surveys, analysis and observation of data to maximize the learning outcome. This paper attempted to evaluate the SNE learners cognitive using NASA Scaling.
NASA Scaling;Learner Performance Analysis;Special Need Education
- Ayesha, S. , Mustafa, T. , Sattar, A. and Khan, I. 'Data Mining Model for Higher Education System', European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 24-29, 2010.
- Bennett, S., & Wynne, K. . Special Education Transformation: The report of the co-chairs with recommendations of the working table on special education. Ministry of Education, Ontario http://www.edu.gov.on.ca, 2006.
- Beyers, J.C., Bittner, Jr, A. and Hills, S.G, Traditional and raw task load index (TLX) correlations: are paired comparisons necessary. Advances in Industrial Ergonomics and Safety I. London: Taylor and Francis, 1989.
- Garner. S. COLORS for Programming: A system to support the Learning of Programming. Proceedings of Informing science, pp. 533-541, 2002.
- Goldberg, R. J., Higgins, E.L., Raskind, M. H., Herman, K. L, Predictors of success in individuals with learning disabilities: a qualitative analysis of a 20-year longitudinal study. Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 222-236, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-5826.00077
- Hart, S. G., Battiste, V., Chesney. M. A., Ward, M. M. & McElroy, M, Comparison of workload, performance and cardiovascular measures. Type A personalities vs. Type B. Working Paper Moffett Field, CA NASA Ames Research Center, 1986.
- Hart, S. G., &Staveland, L. E. Development of a multi-dimensional workload rating scale: Results of empirical and theoretical research. NASA, 1988.
- Hitt II, J.M., Kring, J.P., Daskarolis, E., Morris, C., &Mouloua, M. Assessing mental workload with subjective measures: An analytical review of the NASA-TLX index, 1999.
- Julka, A, Strengthening Teacher Education Curriculum from the Perspective of Children with Special Educational Needs.Unpublished Report. New Delhi: NCERT, 2004.
- McPhail, J. C., & Freeman, J. G, Beyond prejudice: thinking toward genuine inclusion. Learning Disabilities Research & Practice, Vol. 20, No. 4, 254-267, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5826.2005.00141.x
- F. Newell, A. Carmichael, P. Gregor and N. Alm, "Information technology for cognitive support", In The Human-Computer Interaction Handbook 2, pp. 464-481, 2002.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok statement on partnerships to improve educational opportunities and economic empowerment of persons with disabilities in the twenty-first century. Draft statement prepared at UNESCAP/LCI Conference on Disability: A global perspective on rights to education and livelihoods, Bangkok, Thailand, 2005.
- Winn,W, Research methods and types of evidence for research in educational psychology. Educational Psychology Review. 15, pp. 367-373, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1026131416764