- Volume 51 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study of Nanocrystalline TiAlN Coatings Fabricated by Direct Current and Inductively Coupled Plasma Assisted Magnetron Sputtering
DC 스퍼터법과 유도결합 플라즈마를 이용한 마그네트론 스퍼터링으로 제작된 나노결정질 TiAlN 코팅막의 물성 비교 연구
- Chun, Sung-Yong (Department of Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, Mokpo National University) ;
- Kim, Se-Chul (Department of Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, Mokpo National University)
- Received : 2014.07.29
- Accepted : 2014.08.21
- Published : 2014.09.30
Nanocrystalline TiAlN coatings were prepared by reactively sputtering TiAl metal target with
Supported by : 교육부
- M. G. Han and S. Y. Chun, "Growing Behavior of Nanocrystalline TiN Films by Asymmetric Pulsed DC Reactive Magnetron Sputtering (in Korean)," J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 48 , 342-47 (2011). https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2011.48.5.342
- J. Musil and J. Vlcek, "A Perspective of Magnetron Sputtering in Surface Engineering," Surf. Coat. Technol., 112 [1-3], 162-69 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(98)00748-8
- B. M. Koo, S. J. Jung, Y. H. Han, J. J. Lee, and J. H. Joo, "Low Temperature Deposition of ITO Thin Films for Flat Panel Displays by ICP Assisted DC Magnetron Sputtering," J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng., 37 , 146-51 (2004).
- J. J. Lee and J. H. Joo, "Application of Inductively Coupled Plasma to Super-hard and Decorative Coatings," Surf. Coat. Technol., 169-170 , 353-58 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(03)00112-9
- G. S. Fox-Rabinovicha, G. C. Weatherlya, A. I. Dodonovb, A. I. Kovalevc, L. S. Shusterd, S. C. Veldhuisa, G. K. Dosbaevaa, D. L. Wainsteinc, and M. S. Migranovd, "Nanocrystalline Filtered Arc Deposited (FAD) TiAlN PVD Coatings for High-speed Machining Applications," Surf. Coat. Technol. 177-178 , 800-11 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2003.05.004
- H. S. Park, D. H. Jung, H. D. Na, J. H. Joo, and J. J. Lee, "The Properties of (Ti,Al)N Coatings Deposited by Inductively Coupled Plasma Assisted D.C. Magnetron Sputtering," Surf. Coat. Technol., 142-144 , 999-1004 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(01)01217-8
- D. Cullity and S. R. Stock, Element of X-ray Diffraction; pp. 167, Prentice-Hall Inc., 3rd, 2001.
- I. Petrov, P. B. Bama, L. Hultman, and J. E. Greene, "Microstructural Evolution During Film Growth," J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A 21 , 774-56 (2003).
- N. Maazi and N. Rouag, "Consideration of Zener Drag Effect by Introducing a Limiting Radius for Neighborhood in Grain Growth Simulation," J. Cryst. Growth, 243 , 361-69 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0248(02)01420-3
- S. H. Pack and H. Helmut, "Preparation Wear Resistance and Mechanical Properties of W-Ti-C-N Based Hard Materials," J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 31 , 25-30 (1994).
- H. H. Jin, J. W. Kim, K. H. Kim, and S. Y. Yoon, "The Effect of Si Content on the Tribological Behaviors of Ti-Al-Si-N Coating Layers (in Korean)," J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 42 , 88-93 (2005). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2005.42.2.088
- S. Y. Yoon, J. K. Kim, and K. H. Kim, "A Comparative Study on Tribological Behavior of TiN and TiAlN Coatings Prepared by Arc Ion Plating Technique," Surf. Coat. Technol., 161 [2-3], 237-42 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(02)00474-7
- A. Anders, "Atomic Scale Heating in Cathodic Arc Plasma Deposition," Appl. Phys. Lett., 80 , 1100 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1448390
- H. D. Na, H. S. Park, D. H. Jung, G. R. Lee, J. H. Joo, and J. J. Lee, "A Study on the Low Temperature Coating Process by Inductively Coupled Plasma Assisted DC Magnetron Sputtering," Surf. Coat. Technol., 169-170 , 41-44 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(03)00071-9
- D. H. Seo and S. Y. Chun, "A Comparative Study of CrN Coatings Deposited by DC and Inductively Coupled Plasma Magnetron Sputtering," J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng., 45 , 123-29 (2012). https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2012.45.3.123
- S. Y. Chun, "Effect of Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) Power on the Properties of Ultra Hard Nanocrystalline TiN Coatings (in Korean)," J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 50 , 212-17 (2013). https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2013.50.3.212