- Volume 51 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
FEA Study on Hoop Stress of Multilayered SiC Composite Tube for Nuclear Fuel Cladding
핵연료 피복관용 다중층 SiC 복합체 튜브의 Hoop Stress 전산모사 연구
- Lee, Hyeon-Geun (Nuclear Materials Development Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Daejong (Nuclear Materials Development Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Ji Yeon (Nuclear Materials Development Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Weon-Ju (Nuclear Materials Development Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- 이현근 (한국원자력연구원 원자력소재개발부) ;
- 김대종 (한국원자력연구원 원자력소재개발부) ;
- 박지연 (한국원자력연구원 원자력소재개발부) ;
- 김원주 (한국원자력연구원 원자력소재개발부)
- Received : 2014.07.31
- Accepted : 2014.09.11
- Published : 2014.09.30
Silicon carbide-based ceramics and their composites have been studied for application to fusion and advanced fission energy systems. For fission reactors,
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R. Naslain, "Design, Preparation and Properties of Non-Oxide CMCs for Application in Engines and Nuclear Reactors: An Overview," Compos. Sci. Technol., 64 , 155-70 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-3538(03)00230-6
- W. -J. Kim, S. M. Kang, K. H. Park, A. Kohyama, W. -S. Ryu, and J. Y. Park, "Fabrication and Ion Irradiation Characteristic of SiC-Based Ceramics for Advanced Nuclear Energy System(in Korean)," J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 42 , 575-81 (2005). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2005.42.8.575
- Y. Katoh, T. Nozawa, L. L. Snead, K. Ozawa, and H. Tanigawa, "Stability of SiC and Its Composites at High Neutron Fluence," J. Nucl. Mater., 417 [1-3], 400-05 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2010.12.088
- L. L. Snead, T. Nozawa, M. Ferraris, Y. Katoh, R. Shinavski, and M. Sawan, "Silicon Carbide Composites as Fusion Power Reactor Structural Materials," J. Nucl. Mater., 417 [1-3], 330-39 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2011.03.005
B. Riccardi, L. Giancarli, A. Hasegawa, Y. Katoh, A. Kohyama, R. H. Jones, and L. L. Snead, "Issues and Advances in SiC
$_f$/SiC composites Development for Fusion Reactors," J. Nucl. Mater., 329-33, 56-65 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2004.04.002
- Y. Katoh, L. L. Snead, I. Szlufarska, and W. J. Weber, "Radiation Effects in SiC for Nuclear Structural Applications," Curr. Opin. Solid State Mater. Sci., 16 , 143-52 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cossms.2012.03.005
L. Chaffron and J. -L. Seran, "Innovative SiC
$_f$/SiC Composite Materials for Fast Reactor," Nuclear Fuels and Structural Materials for the Next Generation Nuclear Reactors, San Diego, U. S. A., June 13-17, 2010.
- K. Yueh, D. Carpenter, and H. Feinroth, "Clad in Clay," Nucl. Eng. Int., 55, 14-16 (2010).
- W. -J. Kim, D. Kim, and J. Y. Park, "Fabrication and Material Issues for the Application of SiC Composites to LWR Fuel Cladding," Nucl. Eng. Technol., 45 , 565-72 (2013). https://doi.org/10.5516/NET.07.2012.084
- D. R. Olander, "Nuclear Fuels - Present and Future," J. Nucl. Mater., 389, 1-22 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2009.01.297
- K. Minato and K. Fukuda, "Chemical Vapor Deposition of Silicon Carbide for Coated Fuel Particles," J. Nucl. Mater., 149 , 233-46 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3115(87)90482-X
- S. Kouadri-Mostefa, P. Serp, M. Hemati, and B. Caussat, "Silicon Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) on Microporous Powders in a Fluidized Bed," Powder Technol., 120 [1-2], 82-87 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-5910(01)00351-5
- W. R. Hendrich, W. J. McAfee, and C. R. Luttell, "Exapanded Plug Method for Developing Circumferential Mechanical Properties of Tubular Materials," United States Patent, Patent No. U. S. 7140259 B2, Nov. 28, 2006.
- R. A. Jaramillo, W. R. Hendrich, and N. H. Packan, "Tensile Hoop Behavior of Irradiated Zircaloy-4 Nuclear Fuel Cladding," ORNL/TM-2006/163, December 2006.
- H. Jian and J. -A. J. Wang, "Methodology for Mechanical Property Testing of Fuel Cladding Using an Expanded Plug Wedge Test," J. Nucl. Mater., 446 [1-3], 27-37 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2013.11.026
- J.-A. J. Wang and H. Jiang, "Methodology for Mechanical Property Testing on Fuel Cladding Using a Modified Expansion Plug Testing Protocol," ORNL/TM-2012/462, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, March 2013.
- R. Thrash, A. Murrah, M. Lancaster, and K. Nuckles, Southwire Company Overhead Conductor Manual; Second Ed. Southwire Company, Carrolton, Georgia, 2007.
- T. Hinoki, K. Nozawa, H. Kishimoto, A. Kohyama, Y. Katoh, T. Nozawa, and L. L. Snead, "Radiation Effect on SiC/SiC Neutron and Charged Particle Irradiation," 7th IEA WS on SiC/SiC Composites, Petten, Netherland, September 18-20, 2006.
- T. K. Jacobsen and P. Brondsted, "Mechanical Properties of Two Plain-woven Chemical Vapor Infiltrated Silicon Carbide-Matrix Composites," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 84 , 1043-51 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.2001.tb00788.x
W. -J. Kim, D. J. Kim, C. H. Jung, J. Y. Park, and L. L. Snead, "Nondestructive Evaluation of Microstructure of SiC
$_f$/SiC Composites by X-ray Computed Microtomography," J. Kor. Ceram. Soc., 50 , 378-83 (2013). https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2013.50.6.378