- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Legislation Directions of FRAMEWORK ACT ON KOREA COAST GUARD(tentative name)
(가칭) 해양경찰기본법 입법방향에 관한 연구
- Son, Yeongtae (Marine Safety Office, Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority)
- Received : 2014.08.31
- Accepted : 2014.09.30
- Published : 2014.09.30
In 19th May 2014, the government announced that KCG(Korea Coast Guard) is dissolved regarding responsibility for recently accident which is Sewol ferry disaster. But KCG, a central administrative agency is responsible for protecting maritime sovereignty of South Korea; the most basic and indispensable organization. Furthermore, The purpose of KCG is to provide the safety of the public and keeping of public order by prescribing matters necessary for the securement of maritime security, maintenance of public order and protection of marine resources & facilities. Therefore, In this article, I would like to suggest tentatively named FRAMEWORK ACT ON KOREA COAST GUARD's management plan which could reflect the scope of functions. It means we examine the current state of KCG, and would like to signpost for the most ideal way of legal system in Korea Coast Guard. Finally, this treatise is expected that this research can be a guideline contribute to improving Korea Coast Guard relevant laws even a little.
- Son Yeong Tae. (2011). "The Research on the Police Organization Act Legislation Directions of Korea Coast Guard." the Institute of Comparative Law and Legal Culture of College of Law, Dongguk University, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 255-260.
- KCG. (2013). "Korea Coast Guard White Paper.", pp. 335-345.
- Park Yeong Do. (1993). "Position on the Legislation of the FRAMEWORK ACT." JOURNAL OF LEGISLATION RESEARCH, No. 5, pp. 274-275; 283-284.
- Song Byeong Ho.Choi Kwan. (2006). "A Study on Transnational Maritime Crime in South Korea : The Actual Condition of Maritime Police Response Analysis." The Journal of Police Science, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 37-40.
- Kim Sang Ho et al. (2005). Introduction to Police Science. Bobmun Sa Publishing, Seoul.
- Kim Yeong Hwan. (2000). Police Laws Explanation. Hyun Nam Publishing, Gwangju.
- Korea Coast Guard Academy. (2007). Japan Coast Guard Law Explanation. KCG, Yeosu.
- Lee Sang Yeol et al. (2005). Police Administration. Bobmun Sa Publishing, Seoul.
- Son Yeong Tae. (2014). Legal System in Korea Coast Guard Relevant Laws. jisikin Publishing, Seoul.
- Kim Hyun (2005). A Study of the Restructuring of Korea Maritime Police Function. Ph.D. Dissertation, Chonnam National University.
- Kim Tae Jin. (2005). A Study of the Improvement Measure of Korean Police Legal System. LL.D. Dissertation, Dong-A University.
- Koh Young Wan. (2009). A Study on the Improvement and Integration of Police Legal System in Korea : Focusing on the Police Act and Police Office Executive Act. LL.D. Dissertation, University of Seoul.
- Hong Jun Hyeong et al. (1997). A Study on the Police Integration Act. Police Science Institute, 97-03, Yongin.
- Japan Coast Guard (http://www.kaiho.mlit.go.jp)
- Korea Coast Guard (http://www.kcg.go.kr)
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation (http://www.law.go.kr)
- U.S. Government Printing Office (http://www.gpo.gov)