- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF SHOCK-BUFFET ON TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT WITH CHANGING THE POSITION OF NACELLE/PYLON
항공기 Nacelle/pylon 위치에 따른 Shock-Buffet 현상의 수치적 연구
- Kim, S.H. (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Pusna Univ.) ;
- Yee, K.J. (Dept. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Univ.) ;
- Oh, S.J. (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Pusna Univ.)
- Received : 2014.09.12
- Accepted : 2014.09.23
- Published : 2014.09.30
The shock buffet on a transonic transport aircraft are negative factors that reduce the aerodynamic performance of aircraft. The parametric studies were performed for position of nacelle/pylon to estimate the trend of flow mechanism under the wing that affects shock buffet. To generate external mesh of aircraft configuration that change the position of nacelle, snappyHexMesh provided in OpenFOAM was applied. Implicit density-based solver(ISAAC) was used for flow analysis. The change of nacelle position along horizontal direction dynamically affected the aerodynamic performance of transonic transport aircraft as comparing that of vertical direction. As a result of the parametric study of nacelle/pylon position, it was confirmed that the optimal position of nacelle can be obtained by aerodynamic design.
- 2003, Oliveira, G.L., Trapp, L.G. and Puppin-Macedo, A., "Intergration Methodology for Regional Jet Aircraft with Underwing Engines," 41st Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV.
- 2009, Obert, E.D., "Aerodynamic Design of Transport Aircraft," IOS Press, Delft University.
- 1994, Rossow, C.C., Godard, J.-L., Hoheisel, H. and Schmitt, V., "Investigations of Propulsion Integration Interference Effects on a Transport Aircraft Configuration," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp.1022-1030. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.46605
- 2006, Saitoh, T., Kim, H.J. and Takenaka, K., "Multi-point Design of Wing-Body-Nacelle-Pylon Configuration," AIAA paper 2006-3461.
- 2013, Jing, L., Zhenghong, G., Jiangtao, H. and Ke, Z., "Aerodynamic Design Optimization of Nacelle/Pylon position on an aircraft," Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol.26-4, pp.850-857. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cja.2013.04.052
- 2007, Gisin, Y.M. and Marshall, D.D., "Wing-Nacelle Assembly Multidisciplinary Performance Optimization," AIAA paper 2007-1463.
- 2005, Koc, S., Kim, H.J. and Nakahashi, K., "Aerodynamic Design of Wing-Body-Nacelle-Pylon configuration," AIAA paper 2005-4856.
- 2013, OpenCFD, "OpenFOAM User Guide Version 2.2.0".
- 2013, Shin, H.B., Jung, S.G., Kim, J.H., Gill, J.H., Kim, B.Y., Kim, J.H. and Kim, K.H., "Development of Compressible Implicit CFD S/W based on OpenFOAM," Proc. KSAS conference, pp.80-83.
- 2003, 2nd AIAA CFD Drag Prediction Workshop, AIAA, Orlando, FL. http://aaac.larc.nasa.gov/tsab/cfdlarc/aiaa-dpw/workshlop2/.
- 2011, Kim, T.W., Oh, S.J. and Yee, K.J., "Verification of the Open Source Code, OpenFOAM to the External Flows," JKSAS, Vol.39, No.8, pp.702-710. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2011.39.8.702
- 2011, Kim, B.Y., Gill, J.H. and Kwon, H.M., "Aerodynamics Simulation of Korea Next Generation High Speed Train using Open Source CFD Code," Proc. of KSCFE Spring conference, pp.327-330.
- 1981, Roe, P.L., "Approximate Riemann Solvers, Parameter Vectors, and Difference Schemes," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol.43, pp.357-372. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(81)90128-5
- 1995, VenKatakrishnan, V., "Convergence to Steady State Solutions of the Euler Equations on Unstructured Grids with Limiters," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol.118, pp.120-130. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcph.1995.1084
- 1962, Pearcey, H.H. and Holder, D.W., "Simple method for the Prediction of Wing Buffeting Resulting from Bubble Type Separation," NPL Aero Report 1024.
- 1976, Lamar, W.E., "The Effects of Buffeting and other Transonic Phenomena," AGARD-CP-187.
- NUMERICAL SIMULATION ON CONTROL OF HUMIDITY AND AIR TEMPERATURE IN THE GRADIENT BIOME vol.21, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6112/kscfe.2016.21.2.032