- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Distribution Patterns of Organophosphorous Insecticide Chlorpyrifos Absorbed from Soil into Cucumber
토양에 잔류된 살충제 Chlorpyrifos의 오이 흡수이행 및 분포 양상
- Hwang, Jeong-In (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Jeon, Sang-Oh (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyeob (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Sung-Eun (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Hur, Jang-Hyun (Department of Biological Environment, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Kwon-Rae (Department of Agronomy and Medicinal Plant Resources, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Jang-Eok (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University)
- 황정인 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 전상오 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 이상협 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 이성은 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 허장현 (강원대학교 바이오자원환경학과) ;
- 김권래 (경남과학기술대학교 농학한약자원학부) ;
- 김장억 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부)
- Received : 2014.09.05
- Accepted : 2014.09.25
- Published : 2014.09.30
The transfer pattern of chlorpyrifos present in soil to cucumber plants were assessed and reported with plant growth, concentration dependency, and duration. Cucumber seedlings cultivated in a growth chamber for 30 days and a greenhouse for 120 days. Weight and length of cucumbers cultivated in the chamber increased with the increasing time, while the uptake of chlorpyrifos by cucumber increased a period from 0 to 15 days and decreased after 15 days. Uptake rates of chlorpyrifos into a cucumber plant were 1.0~1.3% to initial amounts treated with 20 and 40 mg/kg to soil. Most chlorpyrifos residues were detected in root, followed by stem and leaf. Results of the greenhouse test showed that chlorpyrifos amounts in cucumber fruits were present less than LOQ (0.02 mg/kg), and chlorpyrifos was mainly found in the root of the cucumber plant. Chlorpyrifos absorbed in a cucumber under greenhouse condition was smaller than that in chamber condition as 0.03~0.04%. Degradation patterns of chlorpyrifos in soils were similar during indoor and outdoor tests with half-lives of 25.8~73.0 days. These results may be useful for establishing the management strategy of residual pesticides in soil environment.
Grant : 작물재배환경 중 중금속, 농약 등 유해물질 관리방안 연구
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Ahn, J. W., Y. H. Jeon, J. I. Hwang, H. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim, D. H. Jeong and J. E. Kim (2012) Monitoring of pesticide residue and risk assessment for fruit vegetables and root vegetables of environment-friendly certificated and general agricultural products. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 31(2):164-169. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.2.164
- Alvarez, M., C. D. Mortier and A. F. Cirelli (2013) Behavior of Insecticide Chlorpyrifos on Soils and Sediments with Different Organic Matter Content from Provincial De Buenos Aires, Republica Argentina. Water Air Soil Pollut. 224:1453. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-013-1453-0
- Andreu, V. and Y. Poco (2004) Determination of Pesticides and Their Degradation Products in Soil: Critical Review and Comparison of Methods. Trend. Anal. Chem. 23:10-11.
- Bovin A., R. Cherrier and M. Schiavon (2005) A Comparison of Five Pesticides Adsorption and Desorption Processes in Thirteen Contrasting Field Soils. Chemosphere 61:668-676. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2005.03.024
- Collins C., M. Fryer and A. Grosso (2006) Plant Uptake of Non-Ionic Organic Chemicals. Environ. Sci. Technol. 40(1): 45-52. https://doi.org/10.1021/es0508166
- Fang H., Y. L. Yu, X. Wang, M. Shan, X. M. Wu and J. Q. Yu (2016) Dissipation of Chloryprifos in Pakchoi-Vegetated Soil in a Greenhouse. J. Environ. Sci. 18(4):760-764.
- Fantke P. and R. Juraske (2013) Variability of Pesticide Dissipation Half-Lives in Plants. Environ. Sci. Technol. 47: 3548-3562. https://doi.org/10.1021/es303525x
- Garratt J. and A. Kennedy (2007) Modeling Pesticide Leaching and Dissipation in a Mediterranean Littoral Greenhouse. J. Agric. Food Sci. 55:7052-7061. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf063276k
- Hwang J. I. and J. E. Kim (2013) Residue of Fungicides, Flusilazole and Myclobutanil in Apples. Curr. Res. Agric. Life Sci. 31(4):272-279.
- Hwang J. I. and J. E. Kim (2014) Residual Patterns of Acaricides, Etoxazole and Flufenoxuron in Apples. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 18(2):61-68. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2014.18.2.61
- Hwang K. W., T. W. Kim, J. H. Yoo, B. S. Park, J. K. Moon (2012) Dissipation Pattern of Amisulbrom in Cucumber under Greenhouse Condition for Establishing Pre-Harvest Residue Limit. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 16(4):288-293. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2012.16.4.288
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (2014) IUPAC agrochemical information. http://sitem.herts.ac.uk/aeru/iupac/154.htm. Accessed 28 September 2014.
- Kim, H. Y., Y. H. Jeon, J. I. Hwang, J. H. Kim, J. W. Ahn, D. H. Jeong and J. E. Kim (2011) Monitoring of pesticide residue and risk assessment for cereals and leafy vegetables of certificated and general agricultural products. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 30(4):440-445. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2011.30.4.440
- Korea Crop Protection Association (2014) Agrochemicals Use Guide Book. Korea Crop Protection Association, Korea, pp. 676-677.
- Lee K. Y., S. E. Strand and S. L. Doty (2012) Phytoremediation of Chlorpyrifos by Populus and Salix. Int. J. Phytoremediation. 14(1):48-61. https://doi.org/10.1080/15226514.2011.560213
- Lu M. X., W. W. Jiang, J. L. Wang, Q. Jian, Y. Shen, X. J. Liu and X. Y. Yu (2014) Persistence and Dissipation of Chlorpyrifos in Brassica Chinensis, Lettuce, Celery, Asparagus Lettuce, Eggplant, and Pepper in a Greenhouse. Plos One 9(6): doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0100556. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0100556
- Macbean, C. (2012) The pesticide manual, 16th ed.; British Crop Production Council: Alton, Hampshire, UK, pp. 199-201.
- Marin A., J. Okiva, C. Garcia, S. Navarro and A. Barba (2003) Dissipation Rates of Cyprodinil and Fludioxonil in Lettuce and Table Grape in the Field and under Cold Storage Conditions. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51:4708-411. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf021222e
- Ministry of Environment (2014) Soil Environment Conservation Act. http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=153597 #AJAX. Accessed 28 September 2014.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (2012) MRLs for Pesticides in Foods. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea, pp. 74, 248.
- National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service (2014) Statistical information for Environmental-Friendly Agricultural Products Certification in 2013. http://www.enviagro.go.kr/portal/info/Info_statistic_cond.do#a. Accessed 28 September 2014.
- Park B. J., B. M. Lee, C. S. Kim, K. H. Park, S. W. Park, H. Y. Kwon, J. H. Kim, G. H. Choi and S. J. Lim (2013) Long- Term Monitoring of Pesticide Residues in Arable Soils in Korea. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 17(4):283-292. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2013.17.4.283
- Paterson S. and D. Mackay (1994) A Model of Organic Chemical Uptake by Plants from Soil and the Atmosphere. Environ. Sci. Technol. 28:2259-2266. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00062a009
- Racke K. D., D. D. Fontaine, R. N. Yoder and J. R. Miller (1994) Chlorpyrifos Degradation in Soil at Termiticidal Application Rates. Pest Manag. Sci. 42(1):43-51. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.2780420108
- Ricco R., M. Trevisan and E. Capri (2006) Effect of Surface Waxes on the Persistence of Chlorpyrifos-methyl in Apples, Strawberries and Grape Fruits. Food Addit. Contam. 23(7): 683-692. https://doi.org/10.1080/02652030600627248
- Rural Development Administration (2000) Physicochemical properties of soil, In Analytical method for soil and plant; Ihm, J.N.; Sam Mi: Suwon, Republic of Korea, pp. 103-130.
- Singh, D. P., J. I. S. Khattar, J. Nadda, Y. Singh, A. Garg, N. Kaur and A. Gulati (2011) Chlorpyrifos degradation by the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. strain PUPCCC 64. Environ. Sci. Pollu. Res. 18:1351-1359. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-011-0472-x
- Spark K. M. and R. S, Swift (2002) Effect of Soil Composition and Dissolved Organic Matter on Pesticide Sorption. Sci. Total Environ. 298(7):147-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(02)00213-9
- Plant Uptake and Distribution of Endosulfan and Its Sulfate Metabolite Persisted in Soil vol.10, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0141728
- Interpretation and estimation for dynamic mobility of chlorpyrifos in soils containing different organic matters vol.37, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-015-9721-0
- Reduction Effects of Residual Pesticides using the Eco-friendly Soil Amendments in Agricultural Soil vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2016.20.4.312
- Residual Patterns of Fungicides Fludioxonil and Metconazole in Different Parts of Wheat vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2016.20.4.341
- Establishment of Safe Management Guideline Based on Uptake Pattern of Pesticide Residue from Soil by Radish vol.35, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2016.35.4.36
- Plant Uptake and Residual Patterns of Insecticide Dinotefuran by Radish vol.21, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.3.233
- Translocation of Residual Procymidone from Soil to Lettuce vol.21, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.3.246
- Uptake and Translocation of the Soil Residual Pesticides into the Vegetable Crop vol.21, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.3.298
- Translocation of Residual Azoxystrobin from Soil to Korean Cabbage vol.21, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.4.427
- Translocation of residual tricyclazole from soil to Korean cabbage vol.60, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2017.047
- Residual Level of Chlorpyrifos in Lettuces Grown on Chlorpyrifos-Treated Soils vol.8, pp.12, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/app8122343