- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Economic Injury Levels of Spoladea recurvalis on Beet in the Plastic Greenhouse
비트 흰띠명나방의 경제적 피해수준 설정
- Kim, Ju (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Choi, In-Young (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Sang-Koo (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science) ;
- Lim, Ju-Rak (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Jang-Ho (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Cheong, Seong-Soo (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Sang-Guei (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science)
- 김주 (전라북도농업기술원) ;
- 최인영 (전라북도농업기술원) ;
- 이상구 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과) ;
- 임주락 (전라북도농업기술원) ;
- 이장호 (전라북도농업기술원) ;
- 정성수 (전라북도농업기술원) ;
- 이상계 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과)
- Received : 2014.09.03
- Accepted : 2014.09.26
- Published : 2014.09.30
This study was carried out to determine the economic injury level and economic threshold level on beet (Beta vulgaris L.) infested with Spoladea recurvalis in the plastic greenhouse condition in 2010. The second instar larvae of S. recurvalis were inoculated with 7 different density levels on the each 10 beet plants as a replication. Injury levels of beet leaves and density of S. recurvalis were increased with the inoculation density of S. recurvalis. However, yield and marketable commodity of beet were decreased. Linear relationship between the percent yield reduction (Y) of beet leaves and different infestation densities of S. recurvalis (X) was estimated by the following equation Y = 1.226x + 3.36. Based on the relationships between the densities of S. recurvalis larvae and yield index of beet leaves, the number of second instar larvae which caused 5% loss of yield, economic threshold level was estimated as 1.1 larvae/10 plants for the planting 10 days. The percent yield reduction (Y) of beet roots infested with different densities of S. recurvalis (X) estimated by the following equation Y = 1.537x + 1.4634 after inoculation for 10 days at 3rd harvesting of leaves. Based on the relationships between the densities of S. recurvalis larvae and yield index of beet roots, the number of second instar larvae which caused 5% loss of yield, economic threshold level was estimated as 6.4 larvae/10 plants for the planting 10 days.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Bae, Y. S. and M. K. Paek (2006) Host-plants for larvae of Pyraloidea (Lepidoptera). National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology. p. 126-127.
- Batra, H. A. and N. S. Bhattacherjee (1960) Occurrence of Hymenia recurvalis (Fabricius) (Lepidoptera: Pyalidae) as a bad pest of some leaf vegetables. Indian J. Entomol. 22:128-130.
- Bhattacherjee, N. S. and M. G. R. Menon (1964) Bionomics, biology and control of Hymenia recurvalis (Fabricius) (Pyralidae : Lepidoptera). Ibid. 26:176-183.
- Cho, S. R. (2006) Environmental friendly control of caterpillars occurring on leaf vegetables. Ph. D. thesis. Department of Agricultural Biology, College of Agriculture, Gyeongsang National Univ. p. 35-36.
- Choi, D. S., D. Y. Kim, S. K. Kim, S. J. Ko, B. Y. Kang and S. S. Kim (2011) Control thresholds for managing common cutworm, Spodoptera litura (Fabricius) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) on Chinese Cabbage. Korean J. Ecol. 50:215-220. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2011.07.034
- Choo, Y. S. and S. D. Song (2000) Ecophysiological characteristics of chenopodiaceous plants-An approach through inorganic and organic solutes-. Korean J. Ecol. 23:397-406.
- Kim, J. A., Y. S. Choo, I. Y. Lee, J. J. Bae, I. S. Kim, B. H. Choo and S. D. Song (2002). Adaptations and physiological characteristics of three chenopodiaceae species under saline environments. Korean J. Ecol. 23:171-177.
- Kiritani, K. (1980) Integrated insect pest management for rice in Japan. In Proc. international symposium on problems of insect pest management in developing countries. Tropical Agriculture Research Center, Kyoto, Japan. p. 13-22.
- Lee, G. H., S. D. Bae, H. J. Kim, S. T. Park and M. Y. Choi (2006) Economic injury levels for the common cutworm, Spodoptera litura (Fabricius) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) on soybean. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 45:333-337.
- Lee, S. K., J. Kim, S. S. Cheong, Y. K. Kim, S. G. Lee and C. Y. Hwang (2013) Temperature-dependent development model of hawaiian beet webworm Spoladea recurvalis Fabricius (Lepidoptera: Pyraustinae). Korean. J. Appl. Entomol. 52:5-12. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2012.11.0.030
- Lim, J. R., J. Kim, J. You, J. H. Kim, S. H. Park, S. S. Cheong, S. Y. Lim, D. C. Choi and C. Y. Hwang (2009). Research of using natural enemy and integrated pest management on green vegetable in vinyl house. Annual Research Report, Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services. p. 273-320.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (2013) The present state of vegetables growing greenhouse and vegetables production results. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety: Korea.
- Maltais, P. M., J. R. Nuckle and P. V. Leblanc (1998) Economic threshold for three lepidopterous larval pests of freshmarket cabbage in southeastern New runswick. J. Econ. Entomol. 91:699-707. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/91.3.699
- Park, K. T. (1993) Pyralidae and Thyrididae (Lepidoptera) from north Korea. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 32:151-167.
- Park, K. W., H. M. Kang and Y. G. Park (1996) Effects of nutrient concentrations for each growing stages on beet (Beta Vulgaris L. cv. Detroit) Growth. J. Bio. Fac. Env. 5:138-144.
- RDA (Rural Development Administration) (2003) Standard on research and investigation of agricultural science technique. pp. 491.
- SAS Institute (1999) SAA version 8.1. SAS Institute, Cary, N.C.
- Stone and Pedigo (1972) Development and economic injury level of the green loverworm on soybean in Iowa. J. Econ. Entomol. 65:197-201. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/65.1.197
- Suehiro, A. (1960) Insects and other arthropods from midway atoll. Proceedings, Hawaiian Entomological Society. 17: 289-298.
- Walker, H. G. and L. D. Anderson (1940) Control of the hawaiian beet webworm. J. Econ. Entomol. 33:272-275. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/33.2.272