- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Economic Injury Level of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) on Oriental Melon (Cucumis melo L.) in Greenhouse
참외에서 담배가루이의 경제적 피해수준 설정
- Park, Seok-Hee (Gyeongsangbuk-Do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Jung-Hwan (Gyeongsangbuk-Do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Woo, Jin-Ha (Gyeongsangbuk-Do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Choi, Seong-Yong (Gyeongsangbuk-Do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Park, So-Deuk (Gyeongsangbuk-Do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Park, Hong-Hyun (Crop Protection Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 박석희 (경상북도농업기술원 농업환경연구과) ;
- 이중환 (경상북도농업기술원 농업환경연구과) ;
- 우진하 (경상북도농업기술원 농업환경연구과) ;
- 최성용 (경상북도농업기술원 농업환경연구과) ;
- 박소득 (경상북도농업기술원 농업환경연구과) ;
- 박홍현 (국립농업과학원 작물보호과)
- Received : 2014.03.07
- Accepted : 2014.09.11
- Published : 2014.09.30
This study was conducted to develop economic injury level (EIL) of sweet potato whitefly, Bemisia tabaci, on oriental melon. In greenhouse, seedlings of oriental melon were transplanted at June 8, 2010 and we inoculated adult B. tabaci with the density of 0, 1, 5, 10, or 20 per ten leaves at July 14. Adult of B. tabaci increased approximately twenty five-fold at 60 days after inoculation in the plot of 20 adults per ten leaves. The damages on leaves and fruits by B. tabaci were started to appear at 20 days after inoculation, and the damage rates of leaves or fruits were 28.5 or 31.5 percent at 60 days after inoculation, respectively, in the plot of inoculation with 20 adults per ten leaves. The yield of oriental melon was reduced as the inoculation density of B. tabaci increased, and the relationship between inoculation density of B. tabaci and the rate of damaged fruit could be described by a linear regression Y = 0.961x + 0.0562 (
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Ahn, K. S., K. Y. Lee, M. H. Choi, J. W. Kim and G. H. Kim (2001) Effect of temperature and host plant on development and reproduction of the sweet potato whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae). Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 40:203-209.
- Brown, J. K., D. R. Frohlich and R. C. Rosell (1995) The sweet potato or silverleaf whiteflies:biotypes or a species complex. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 40:511-534. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.en.40.010195.002455
- Butler, G. D. J., T. J. Henneberry and T. E. Clayton (1983) Bemisia tabaci (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) : development, oviposition and longevity in relation to temperature. Ann. Entomol. Soc. Am. 76:310-313. https://doi.org/10.1093/aesa/76.2.310
- Byme, D. N. (1999) Migration and dispersal by the sweet potato whitefly, Bemicia tabaci. Agri. Forest Meteorol. 97:309-316. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1923(99)00074-X
- Chu, D., Y. J. Zhang, B. Cong, B. Y. Xu and Q. J. Wu (2004) The invasive mechanism of a world important pest, Bemisia tabaci biotype B. Acta Ent. Sinica. 7:400-406.
- Helmi, A. (2011) Host-associated population variations of Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) (Hemiptera: Sternorrhyncha: Aleyrodidae) characterized with random DNA markers. Int. J. Zool. Res. 7:77-84. https://doi.org/10.3923/ijzr.2011.77.84
- Horowitz, A. R., K. Gorman, G. Ross and I. Denholm (2003) Inheritance of pyriproxyfen resistance in the whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Q biotype). Arch. Insect Biochem. Physiol. 54:177-186. https://doi.org/10.1002/arch.10115
- Jones, D. (2003) Plant viruses transmitted by whiteflies. Eur. J. Plant Pathol. 109:197-221.
- Kim, G. H., Y. S. Lee, I. H. Lee and K. S. Ahn (2000) Susceptibility of sweet potato whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) to commercially registered insecticides in Korea. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 4:51-58.
- Kim, J. H., Y. W. Byeon, Y. H. Kim and G. C. Park (2006) Biological control of thrips with Orius strigicollis (Poppius) (Hemiptera: Anthocoridae) and Amblyseius cucumeris (Oudemans)(Acari: Phytoseiidae) on greenhouse green pepper, sweet pepper and cucumber. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 45:1-7.
- Kiritani, K. (1980) Integrated insect pest management for rice in japan. in Proc. international symposium on problems of insect pest management in developing countries. Tropical Agriculture Research Center, Kyoto, Japan, pp. 13-22.
- Maltais, P. M., J. R. Nuckle and P. V. Lebalanc (1998) Economic threshold for three lepideopterous larval pests of fresh-market cabbage in southeastern New Brunswick. J. Econ. Entomol. 91:699-707. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/91.3.699
- Matsui, M. (1992) Irregular ripening of tomato fruit caused by the sweetpotato whitefly, B. tabaci (Gennadius) in Japan. Jpn. J. Appl. Entomol. 39:5-12.
- Nombela, G., F. Beitia and M. Muniz (2001) A differential interaction study of Bemisia tabaci Q-biotype on commercial tomato varieties with and without the Mi resistance gene, and comparative host responses with the Bbiotype. Entomol. Exp. Appl. 98:339-344. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1570-7458.2001.00790.x
- Palumbo, J. C., A. Tonhasca Jr. and D. N. Byme (1994) Sampling plans and action thresholds for whiteflies on spring melons. IPM Series 1. Publ. No. 194021.
- Park, H. H., W. H. Yeh and H. M. Park (2007) Gain threshold estimation for sone pests in major crops. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 46:63-69. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2007.46.1.063
- Perring, T. M., A. D. Cooper, R. J. Rodrigues, C. A. Farrar and T. S. Bellows (1993) Identification of a Whitefly species by genomic and behavioral studies. Science 259:74-77. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.8418497
- Salas, J. and O. Mendoza (1995) Biology of the sweet potato whitefly (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) on tomato. Florida Entomol, 78:156-160.
- Shipp, J. L., K. Wang and M. R. Binns (2000) Economic injury levels for western flower thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) on greenhouse cucumber. J. Econ. Entomol. 93:1732-1740. https://doi.org/10.1603/0022-0493-93.6.1732
- Yang, J. O., E. H. Lee, C. M. Yoon, K. S. Ahn and G. H. Kim (2009) Comparison of feeding behavior of B and Q biotypes of Bemisia tabaci (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) against red pepper and tomato varieties. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 48:179-188. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.2.179
- Development of Sequential Sampling Plan for Bemisia tabaci in Paprika Greenhouses vol.54, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2015.06.0.019
- Development of a Binomial Sampling Plan for Bemisia tabaci in Paprika Greenhouses pp.2287-545X, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2016.10.0.049
- Development of Sequential Sampling Plans for Tetranychus urticae in Strawberry Greenhouses vol.35, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11626/KJEB.2017.35.4.427