- Volume 15 Issue 3
In this paper, a detailed investigation of the random vibration test is presented for strapdown inertial navigation systems (INS). The effect of the random vibration test has been studied from the point of view of navigation performance. The role of distribution functions and RMS value is represented to determine a feasible method to reject or reduce vibration related error in position and velocity estimation in inertial navigation. According to a survey conducted by the authors, this is the first time that the effect of the distribution function in vibration related error has been investigated in random vibration testing of INS. Recorded data of navigation grade INS is used in offline static navigation to examine the effect of different characteristics of random vibration tests on navigation error.
Strapdown INS;random vibration test;distribution function;RMS value
- D. H. Titterton, J. L. Weston, Strapdown Inertial Navigation Technology, 2nd Edition, Peter Peregrinus Ltd, Chapter 7, 2005.
- K. R. Curey, M. E. Ash, L. O. Thielman, and C. H. Baker, Proposed IEEE Inertial Systems Terminology Standards and Other Inertial Sensor Standards, 2004.
- C. Zaiss. IMU Design for High Vibration Environments with Special Consideration for Vibration Rectification, MSc. Thesis, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Calgary, Alberta, 2012.
- A. Bose, S. Puri, and P. Banerjee, Modern Inertial Sensors and Systems. Prentice-Hall Publications, New Delhi, India, 2008.
- D. A. Lorenzini, Testing of Precision Inertial Gyroscopes, Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development, 1973.
- D. S. Steinberg, Vibration Analysis for Electronic Equipment, Third Edition, Wiley Inter-science Publication, Chapter 14, 2000.
- P. Ripka, and A. Tipek, Modern Sensors Handbook. Wiley-ISTE Pub., Great Britain, Chapter 5, 2007.
- D. E. Newland, An introduction to random vibrations and spectral analysis, 2nd edition, Longman, London, 1984.
- J. V. Baren, What is Random Vibration Testing? , Sound and Vibration magazine, Instrument Reference Issue, February 2012.
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Inertial Sensor Test Equipment, Instrumentation, Data Acquisition, and Analysis, IEEE std-1554-2005, 2012.
- K. Y. Chang, Deep Space 1 Spacecraft Vibration Qualification Testing. Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology, 46th Annual Technical Meeting, Providence, 2000.
- X. Hao, M. Li, and H. Jia, Random Vibration Analysis on the Support of Strapdown Inertial Navigation System, Int. Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, 2011, pp 4025-4028.
- C. Shen, X. Chen, J. Yu, and J. Wu, Random drift modeling and compensation for fiber optic gyroscope under vibration, IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, 2011.
- J. A. Farrell, Aided Navigation; GPS with High Rate Sensors, McGraw-Hill, 2008, Page 508-509.
- F. Sun, Q. Sun, L. Wu, and W. Sun, Error compensation for FOG SINS under vibration based on Elman Neural Network, International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, 2009, pp 302-307
- L. Gang, Y. Jie, W. Lixin, G. Jiang, and W. Xiaomei, Detecting and Extracting Vibration Disturb in IMU Testing in Field. 2nd Int. Conference on Computer Engineering and Technology, 2010, pp 516-518.
- A. Abdoli, and S. H. Taghavi, Calibration of Strapdown Inertial Measurement Units by Linear Neural Networks, the 13th Iranian Aerospace Society Conference, Tehran, 2014 .