- Volume 23 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Observer Psychological Change in accordance with Index of Greenness in Landscape Planting Space
- Received : 2014.06.12
- Accepted : 2014.09.29
- Published : 2014.10.31
The object of this research is to find out the psychological change of observer according to the index of Greenness in the space of scenic planting, and research is proceeded with total 112, male students 69, and female students 43. The index of Greenness experimented with 5 pictures, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100%, and carried out the test after selecting each picture of the index of Greenness for landscaping in Konkuk University Global Campus. To find out the mood condition of testee, POMS and SD was used for analyzing. As a result of TMD among POMS, male and female students are shown as each 60% > 100% > 40% > 20% > 80% in order. As a result of SD, male and female students are shown as 80% > 20% > 40% > 60% > 100% in order and the index of Greenness 100% makes people feel fluent and natural about plants but closed and constrained than the index of Greenness 80%.
Profile of mood states;Semantic differential;Student;Plant
- Kim, J. H., Yoon, Y. H., 2011, Economic analysis and energy reduction by the types of the green roof, J. Seoul Stud., 12(2), 124-140.
- Kaplan, R., Kaplan, S., 1989, The Experience of Nature: A Psychological Perspective. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Kim, H. J., 2005, Study of measuring visual quality of urban streetscape using ratio of greenery, Ph. D. Dissertation, Hanyang University.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, S. Y., Yoon, Y. H., 2013, The effects of urban stream landscape on psychological relaxation of university students: forcused on Chenggyecheon, Seoul, Korea, J. Seoul Stud., 14(1), 169-182.
- Lee, Y. J., 2004, A application study of envi-met model in urban management planning for the amenity of urban environment, Ph. D. Dissertation, Pusan National University.
- McNair, D. M., Lorr, M., 1965, An analysis of mood in neurotics, J. Abnormal and Social Psychology, 69, 620-627.
- McNair, D. M., Lorr, M., Dropplenman, L. F., 1992, Manual for the profile of mood states, San Diego: Educational and Industrial Testing Service.
- Ulrich, R., 1991, Stress recovery during to nature and urban environments, J. Environ. Psychol., 11, 201- 203. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-4944(05)80184-7
- Hartiga, T., Mang, M., Evans, G. W., 1991, Restorative effect of natural environment experiences, Environment and Behavior, 23(1), 3-26.
- Jo, Y. H., 2003, Promoting green streetscape in Seoul, J. Seoul Stud.
- Yi, Y. K., Yi, P. I., 2006, The impact of landscape type on urban office workers' stress and cognitive performance: comparison between natural and urban landscape, J. Korean. Inst. Land. Arc, 33(6), 1-11.
- Yoon, J. R., 1993, The effects of prolonged running to various exercise intensities on hormone responses and mood states, Ph. D. Dissertation, Seoul National University.
Supported by : Konkuk University