- Volume 23 Issue 10
Water quality of the Koejong-reservoir was estimated by using the ecological model to evaluate the effects of industrial sewage discharge. State variables consist of POC, DOC, phytoplankton, DIP, DIN, DO and COD. Initial conditions for the compartment are applied to the model based on the observed results. The reproducibility was found to be satisfactory with the relative error ranging between the calculated value and the observed value. Water quality simulation was conducted by applying additional industrial sewage discharge into the Koejong-reservoir. The concentrations of COD, Chl.a, DIP and COD showed fluctuations of a narrow range. The increment percentages of Chl.a, COD and DIP were 26.6%, 20.2% and 18.2%, respectively. In the case of DO, the concentration decreased 4.8%.
Ecological model;Reservoir;Water quality;Pollution;Simulation
- Jorgensen, L.A., Jorgensen, S.E., Nielsen, S.N., 2000, Ecological Modelling and Ecotoxicology, Elsevier.
- Choi, W.J., Park, C.K., Lee, S.M., 1994, Numerical Simulation of the Formation of Oxygen Deficient Water-masses in Jinhae Bay. Journal of the Korean fisheries society, 27(4): 413-433.
- Hong, S.J., Lee, W.C., Park, J.S., Oh, H.T., Yoon, S.P., Kim, H.C., Kim, D.M., 2007, Ecological Modeling for Estimation of Autochthonous COD in Jinhae Bay. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 16(8): 959-971. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.8.959
- Eom, K.H., Kim. G.Y., Lee, W.C. and Lee, D.I., 2012, Effective Costal Environmental Management by Conjugation of Modeling of Bio-Purification and Total Allowable Pollutant Loads in Masan Bay. Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, 15(1): 38-46. https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2012.15.1.038
- Hong, S.J., Lee, W.C., Jung, R.J., Park, S.E., Jang, J.H., Kim, H.C., Kim, D.M., 2008, Estimation of a Transport and Distribution of COD using Eco-hydrodynamic Model in Jinhae Bay. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 16(12): 311-324. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.12.1369
- Kim, H.C., Choi, W.J., Lee, W.C., Koo, J.H., Lee, P.Y., Park, S.E., Hong, S.J. and Jang, J.H., 2007, Estimating Carrying Capacity of Lake Shihwa for Water Quality Management. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 16(5): 571-581. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.5.571
- La, G.H., Lee, H.Y., Kim, H.W., 2008, The Vertical Changes of Zooplankton Dynamics and Community Filtration Rate in the Artificial Lake (Okjeong Lake). Korea J. Environ. Biol. 26(4): 392-401.
- Kim J.G., Park, C.K., Kim, K.S. 1994, The application of ecosystem model for the eutrophication control in Masan Bay in summer. Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 3(3): 185-195.
- Kim, J.G., Kim, Y.S. and Cho, E.I., 2002, Application of Ecosystem Model for Eutrophication Control in Coastal Sea of Saemankeum Area 2. Quantitative Management of Pollutant Loading. Journal of the Korean fisheries society, 35(4): 356-365. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2002.35.4.356
- Kremer, J. and S. Nixon. 1978, A coastal marine ecosystem: Simulation and analysis. Springer-Verlag, 16.
- Nakata, K., Horiguchi, F., Yamamuro, M., 2000, Model study of Lakes Shinji and Nakaumi -- a coupled coastal lagoon system. Journal of Marine Systems, 26(2): 145-169 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-7963(00)00051-8
- Sheo, H.J., 1978. The Hygienic Chemical Study on the Water Quality and the Pollution Process of the Artificial Lake Recently Constructed - On Gwangju Lake, Damyang Lake, Naju Lake and Jangseong Lake in the upper stream of Yeongsan River -. The Korean Society of Limnology, 11(3): 67-79.
- Sohma, A., Sekiguchi, Y., Kuwae T., Nakamura, Y., 2008, A benthic-Pelagic coupled ecosystem model to estimate the hypoxic estuary including tidal flat -Model description and validation of seasonal/daily dynamics. Ecological Modelling 215: 10-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2008.02.027
- Taguchi, K. and Nakata, K., 1998, Analysis of water quality in Lake Hamana using a coupled physical and biochemical model. Special Issue: Modeling hydrodynamically dominated marine ecosystems. Journal of Marine Systems, 16(1-2): 107-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-7963(97)00102-4
- Taguchi, K. and Nakata, K., 2009, Evaluation of biological water purification functions of inland lakes using an aquatic ecosystem model. Ecological Modelling, 220(18): 2255-2271. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2009.05.007
Supported by : Pukyong National University