- Volume 28 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Numerical Study of Current and Wind Forces Acting on Two Floating Bodies in Tandem Configuration
직렬 배치된 두 부유체에 작용하는 조류력 및 풍력 특성에 관한 수치해석 연구
- Received : 2014.05.14
- Accepted : 2014.10.24
- Published : 2014.10.31
In this study, the characteristics of the current and wind forces acting on two floating bodies were numerically investigated using a commercial CFD software, STAR-CCM+. In the numerical analyses, LNGC was located right behind FSRU under uniform current or wind conditions. Steady calculations were carried out using a Reynolds averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) solver and the realized k-epsilon model. First, the current coefficients of FSRU based only the CFD were compared with the model test data. Through this comparison, the present numerical models and mesh systems were indirectly verified. Next, computations for FSRU and LNGC in a uniform current were performed using different relative positions. It was found that the current coefficients were great affected by the longitudinal positions. Finally, the wind forces acting on FSRU and LNGC in tandem configurations were studied. The focus was on the shielding effects due to the aerodynamic interactions between FSRU and LNGC.
Shielding effect;CFD;current;Tandem configuration;Drag
- Koop, A., Klaij, C., Vaz, G., 2010. Predicting Wind Loads for FPSO Tandem Offloading Using CFD. Proceeding of ASME 2010 29th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, OMAE2010-20284, 533-546.
- Jun, J.H., Lee, S.E., Kwon, J.W., Son, J.W., 2012. Analysis of Flow around Ship Using Unstructured Grid. 2012 Korean Society for Computational Fluids Engineering, Annual Conference, 187-193.
- Koo, M.J., Ha, M.K., Choi, J.W., Bae, J.H., 2004. The Study on Wind Shielding Effects According to Distance between Two Ships. 2004 Mechanical Science and Technology, Annual Conference, 1413-1417.
- Park, Y.S., Kim, W.J., Jun, B.H., 2012. Flow Analysis around Multi-Legged Underwater Robot "Crabster" to Evaluate Current Loads. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(5), 47-55. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.5.047
- Souzam J.R., Ragazzo, C.G., 2006. Hydrodynamic Interaction of Two Ships in Tandem under Current. Proceedings of the Sixteenth (2006) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, 150-157.
- Tabaczek, T., Kulczyk, J., Zawislak, M, 2007. Analysis of Hull Resistance of Pushed Barges in Shallow Water. Pocish Maritime Research 1(51), 14, 10-15.
- Tannuri, E.A, Fucatu, C.H, Rossin, B.D, Motagnini, R.C., Ferrira, M.D., 2010. Wind Shielding Effects on DP System of a Shuttle Tanker. Proceeding of ASME 2010 29th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, OMAE2010-20148, 143-149..
- Yuck, R.H., Choi, H,S., Hong, S.Y., 2006. Estimation of Current Loads on Offshore Using CFD. Journal of Ship & Ocean Technology, 10(1), 27-37.
- Yuck, R.H., Park, M.K., Choi, H.S., 2007. Estimation of Current Loads on Side-by-Side Moored Two Vessels. Proceeding of the Seventeenth (2007) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, 338-342.
Grant : 심해공학수조 운용을 위한 연구 인프라 구축 및 심해플랜트 Pre-Feed 원천 핵심기술 개발, LNG FSRU 구조물-계류시스템 설계핵심 기술 개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원, 산업기술평가관리원