- Volume 28 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Target Echoes in Multi-static SONAR System - Part I : Design for Acoustic Measuring System
다중상태 소나시스템을 적용한 표적반향음 연구 - Part I : 측정시스템 설계
Bae, Ho Seuk;Ji, Yoon Hee;Kim, Wan-Jin;Kim, Woo-Shik;Kim, Jea Soo;Yun, Sung-Ung
- Received : 2014.08.14
- Accepted : 2014.10.24
- Published : 2014.10.31
The target echoes contain information on the target such as the orientation, kinematics, and internal structure, as well as the external geometrical shape of the target. In addition, the pattern of the target echoes depends on the arrangement of the transmitters and receivers in space. Therefore, the study of the target echoes in a multi-static SONAR system can be useful for detecting and tracking submerged objects using an underwater surveillance system. For this purpose, an acoustic measuring system for multi-static target echoes was designed and tested in an acoustic water tank. Some preliminary data are presented and discussed.
Multi-static SONAR system;Target echoes;Measuring system
- Cook, J.C., 1985. Target Strength and Echo Structure. Adaptive Methods in Underwater Acoustics. NATO ASI Series, 151, 155-172.
- Choi, Y.H., 2005. Numerical Modeling and Experimental Verification for Target Strength of Submerged Objects. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 19(1), 64-70.
- Dyer. I., 1995. Fundamentals and Applications of Underwater Sound. Department of Ocean Engineering. MIT.
- ITC Publication, 1995. Application Equations for Underwater Sound Transducer. International Transducer Corporation.
- Kim, W.S., 2005. A Study on Target Echo Analysis and Target State Estimation for an Active SONAR. Ph.D. thesis, Korea Maritime Univ.
- Schreppler, S.C., Jebsen, G.M., Kneessi, S.L., 1996. Intermediate Scale Measurement System: A State of the Art Facility for Naval Structural Acoustics Research; System Overview and Measurement Results. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 100(4), 2721-2722.
- Niemiec, J.M., Shang, P.C., Schreppler, S., 2005. Intermediate scale measurement system for underwater acoustic measurement. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 117(4), 2481-2482.
- Park, S.H., 2007. Bistatic Scattering from a Hemi-spherically Capped Cylinder. M.S. thesis, Hanyang Univ.
- Urick, R.J., 1983. Principles of Underwater Sound. 3rd Edition. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Shin, K.C., Kim, J.S., Kim, W.S., Kim, W.H., and Kim., Y.Y., 1998. A Study on the Acoustic Scattering of Submerged Scale Target Experiment and Analysis. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 12(4), 92-100.
- Shin, Y.D., 1996. Similarity Laws for the Scale Model in Underwater Acoustic Environment. M.S. Thesis, Korea Maritime Univ.
- Investigation of Target Echoes in Multi-static SONAR system - Part II : Numerical Modeling with Experimental Verification vol.28, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.5.440