- Volume 28 Issue 5
The majority of existing WECs (wave energy converters) are designed to achieve maximum power at a resonance condition. In the case of a single WEC, its size must be large enough for tuning, and it has high efficiency only within a limited frequency band. Recently, wave power extraction by deploying many small buoys in a compact array has been studied under the assumption that the buoy's size and separation distance are much smaller than the water depth, wave length, and size of the array. A boundary value problem involving the macro-scale boundary condition on the mean surface covered by an infinite strip of buoys is solved using the eigenfunction expansion method. The energy extraction efficiency (
Wave energy converter;Strip array;Energy extraction efficiency;Eigenfunction expansion method;Heaving buoy
- Black, J.L., Mei, C.C., Bray, M.C.G., 1971. Radiation and Scattering of Water Waves by Rigid Bodies. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 46(1), 151-164. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112071000454
- Budal, K., Falnes, J., 1975. A Resonant Point Absorber of Ocean-Wave Power. Nature, 256, 478-479. https://doi.org/10.1038/256478a0
- Chamberlain, P.G., 2007. Water Wave Scattering by Finite Arrays of Circular Structures. IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, 72(1), 52-56.
- Cho, I.H., 2014. Wave-Energy Extraction by a Compact Circular Array of Buoys, Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 26(2), 103-111. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2014.26.2.103
- Child, B.F.M., Venugopal, V., 2010. Optimal Configuration of Wave Energy Device Arrays. Ocean Engineering, 37(16), 1402-1417. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.06.010
- Cho, I.H., 2013. Reflection and Transmission Coefficients by a Surface-Mounted Horizontal Porous Plate. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 25(5), 327-334. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2013.25.5.327
- Cho, I.H., Kweon, H.M., 2011. Extraction of Wave Energy Using the Coupled Heaving Motion of a Circular Cylinder and Linear Electric Generator, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 25(6), 9-16. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2011.25.6.009
- Falcao, A.F. de O., 2002. Wave-Power Absorption by a Periodic Linear Array of Oscillating Water Columns. Ocean Engineering, 29(4), 1164-186.
- Falnes, J., 1980. Radiation Impedance Matrix and Optimum Power Absorption for Interacting Oscillators in Surface Waves. Applied Ocean Research, 2, 75-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-1187(80)90032-2
- Falnes, J., Budal, K., 1982. Wave-Power Absorption by Parallel Rows of Interacting Oscillating Bodies. Applied Ocean Research, 4(4), 194-207. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-1187(82)80026-6
- Falnes, J., 1984. Wave-Power Absorption by an Array of Attenuators Oscillating with Unconstrained Amplitudes. Applied Ocean Research, 6(1), 16-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-1187(84)90024-5
- Garnaud, X., Mei, C.C., 2009a. Wave Power Extraction by a Compact Array of Buoys. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 635, 389-413. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112009007411
- Garnaud, X., Mei, C.C., 2009b. Comparison of Wave Power Extraction by a Compact Array of Small Buoys and by a Large Buoy. Proceedings of the 8th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Garrett, C.J.R., 1971. Wave Forces on a Circular Dock. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 46(1), 129-139. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112071000430
- Linton, C.M., Evans, D.V., 1990. The Interaction of Waves with Arrays of Vertical Cylinders. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 215, 549-69. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112090002750
- Linton, C.M., Mclver, R., 1996. The Scattering of Water Waves by an Array of Circular Cylinders in a Channel. Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 30, 661-82. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00042787
- Mathews, J.H., Fink, K.K., 2004. Numerical Methods Using Matlab. 4th Edition, Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Yeung, R.W., 1981. Added Mass and Damping of a Vertical Cylinder in Finite-Depth Waters. Applied Ocean Research, 3, 119-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-1187(81)90101-2
- Zhao, F.F., Bao, W.G., Kinoshita T., Itakura, H., 2010. Interaction of Waves and a Porous Cylinder with an Inner Horizontal Porous Plate. Applied Ocean Research, 32, 252-259. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2009.11.003
Grant : 10MW급 부유식 파력-해상풍력 연계형 발전시스템 개발 및 인프라 구축
Supported by : 해양수산부