- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Collision Analysis of Submerged Floating Tunnel by Underwater Navigating Vessel
수중운항체에 대한 해중터널의 충돌해석
- Hong, Kwan-Young (Division of Ocean System Engineering, Mokpo National Maritime Univ.) ;
- Lee, Gye-Hee (Division of Ocean System Engineering, Mokpo National Maritime Univ.)
- Received : 2014.04.28
- Accepted : 2014.06.19
- Published : 2014.10.31
In this paper, to recognize the collision behavior between a submerged floating tunnel(SFT) and underwater navigation vessel(UNV), both structures are modeled and analyzed. The SFT of collision point is modeled tubular section using concrete with steel lining. The other part of SFT is modeled elastic beam elements. Mooring lines are modeled as cable elements with tension. The under water navigation vessel is assumed 1800DT submarine and its total mass at collision is obtained with hydrodynamic added mass. The buoyancy force on SFT is included in initial condition using dynamic relaxation method. The buoyancy ratio (B/W) and the collision speed are considered as the collision conditions. As results, energy dissipation is concentrated on the SFT and that of the UNV is minor. Additionally, the collision behaviors are greatly affected by B/W and the tension of mooring lines. Especially, the collision forces are shown different tendency compare to vessel collision force of current design code.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (2010) AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, Fifth Edition.
- Comite Euro-international du Beton (1998) CEB-FIP MODEL CODE 1990-Design Code, Thomas Telford.
- Det Norske Veritas (2010) DNV-RP-C204, Design Against Accidental Lads.
- Faggiano, B., Maritire, G. (2010) Design aspects of the AB prototype in the Qiandao Lake, Procedia Eng., 4(2010) pp.21-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2010.08.005
- Giulio Martire The Development of Submerged floating Tunnels as an Innovative Solution for Waterway Crossing, Tesi di Dottorato.
- Holmquist, T.J. (1987) Strength and Fracture Characteristics of HY-80, HY-100, and HY-130 Steels Subjected to Various Strains, Strain Rates, Temperatures and Pressures, Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- Hong, K.-Y., Lee, G.-H., Tran D.P. (2014) Collision Analysis of Submerged Floating Tunnel by Underwater Colliding Body, Annual Conference 2014, The Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea.
- Hong, Y., Ge, F. (2010) Dynamic Response and Structural Integrity of Submerged Floating Tunnel due to Hydrodynamic Load and Accidental Load, Procedia Eng., 4, pp.35-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2010.08.006
- Lee, G.-H., Hong, K.-Y. (2011) A Study for the Evaluation of Ship Collision Forces for the Design of Bridge Pier I : Mean Collision Force, J. Korean Soc. Civil Eng. A, 31(3), pp.199-206.
- Lee, G.-H., Lee, J.-W. (2011) Study on Behavior Characteristics of a Pile-Type Vessel Collision Protective Structure, J. Korean Soc. Disaster Information, 7(1), pp.75-85.
- Li, J., Lv, X., Tan, J. (2012) Research on the Response of Submerged Rloating Tunnel under Fatigue Loads, Procedia Eng., 31, pp.447-452. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.01.1050
- Livermore Software Technology Corporation (2006) LS-DYNA Theory Manual.
- Livermore Software Technology Corporation (2012) LS-DYNA Keyword user's Manual.
- Long, X., Ge, F., Wang, L., Hong, Y. (2009) Effects of Foundamental Structure Parameters on Dynamic Rsponses of Submerged floating Tunnel under Hydrodynamic Loads, Acta Mech. Sinica, 25, pp.335-344. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10409-009-0233-y
- Martinelli, L., Barbella, G., Feriani, A. (2010) Modeling of Qiandao Lake Submerged Floating Tunnel Subject Tomulti-support Seismic Input, Procedia Eng., 4, pp.311-318. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2010.08.035
- Martinelli, L., Barbella, Gi., Feriani A. (2011) A Numerical Procedure for Simulating the Multisupport Seismic Response of Submerged Floating Tunnels Anchored by Cables, Eng. Struct., 33(10), pp.2850-2860. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.06.009
- The Japan Society of Precision Engineering (1998) Based and Marine Structures, Wongisol, p.428.
- Papadrakakis, M. (1981) A Method for the Automated Evaluation of the Dynamic Relaxation Parameters, Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech.& Eng., 25, pp.35-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(81)90066-9
- Pilato, M.D., Perotti, F., Fogazzi, P. (2007) Dynamic Response of Submerged Floating Tunnels under Seismic and Hydrodynamic Excitation, Eng. Struct., 30 pp.268-281.
- Pohler, C.H., Bement, A.A., Wilson, D.S., W.A. Skinner Submarine Main Ballast Tanks-Theory and Methods for Refined Strucutral Design, Association of Senior Engineers, Bureau of Ships, Third Annual Technical Symposium.
- Seo, S.I., Kim, J.S. (2013) Simplified Collision Analysis Method using Theory of Beam with Elastic Foundation, J. Korean Soc. Railway, 16(3), pp.202-206. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.3.202
- Sissala, A. N., (2012) Stress Finite Element Analysis of a Simple HY-80 Steel Tension Specimen using Progressive Failure feature in ABAQUS, Mechanical Engineering.
- SSLW (2004) Design Report Littoral Warfare Submarine, VT Total Ship Systems Engineering.
- Dynamic Behavior of Submerged Floating Tunnel by Underwater Explosion vol.31, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2018.31.5.215