- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Patient Flow Monitoring System based on Rheumatic Patient History Data
류머티스 환자 이력 데이터에 기반한 환자 플로우 모니터링 시스템
- Received : 2014.09.02
- Accepted : 2014.09.15
- Published : 2014.10.28
In recent, hospital information systems are widely used to electronically record, manage and share the data collected in hospitals. Such systems have contributed greatly to improving the work efficiency in modern hospitals, however, the collected data concerning the patients should be appropriately processed and reused to provide the healthcare service providers with decision supports. Especially, this paper proposes the patient flow monitoring system for the operations management of the outpatient department for patients with chronic diseases, and discusses the related issues. The proposed system visualizes the standard process model extracted from the patient history data and various performance measures, and this enables the managers to evaluate and enhance the operations of the outpatient clinic. In this paper, the patient flow monitoring system is applied to the rheumatology clinic, and the prototype system optimized for I-pad is illustrated.
Patient History;Patient Flow;Process Mining;Hospital Information System;Chronic Disease
Supported by : 중소기업청
- C. Lovis, "Clinical Information Systems: Cornerstone for an Efficient Hospital Management," Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, Vol.169, pp.992-995, 2011.
- D. K. Park, E. Y. Jung, B. H. Jeong, B. C. Moon, H. W. Kang, H. Tchah, G. S. Han, W. S. Cheng and Y. H. Lee, "Smart Information System For Gachon University Gil Hospital," Healthcare Informatics Research, Vol.18, No.1, pp.74-83, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4258/hir.2012.18.1.74
- 조광문, 한군희, "병원 업무 효율화를 위한 원무시스템 설계", 한국콘텐츠학회 2005 추계종합학술대회 논문집, Vol.3, No.2, pp.616-621, 2005.
- 김귀정, "의료기관 전문 의료용 CRM 프레임 설계," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.8, No.12, pp.20-27, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.12.020
- 유영미, 유일, 김소라, "간호사의 병원정보시스템 (HIS) 만족도 영향요인-지각된 HIS 품질과 개인 및 조직특성을 중심으로", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.13, No.6, pp.438-449, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.438
- B. Martinez-Perez, I. de la Torre-Diez, M. Lopez-Coronado, B. Sainz-de-Abajo, M. Robles and J. M. Garcia-Gomez, "Mobile Clinical Decision Support Systems and Applications: A Literature and Commercial Review," Journal of Medical Systems, Vol.38, No.1, pp.1-10, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-013-0001-1
- M. Prior, M. Guerin, and K. Grimmer-Somers, "The Effectiveness of Clinical Guideline Implementation Strategies-A Synthesis of Systematic Review Findings," Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, Vol.14, No.5, pp.888-897, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2008.01014.x
- T. Rotter, L. Kinsman, E. James, A. Machotta, H. Gothe, J. Willis, P. Snow, and J. Kugler, "Clinical Pathways: Effects on Professional Practice, Patient Outcomes, Length of Stay and Hospital Costs," Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Vol.3, No.3, pp.1-163, 2010.
- S. M. Naureckas, R. Zweigoron, H. K. Susan, E. O. B. Kaleba, S. J. Pohl, and A. J. Ariza, "Developing an Electronic Clinical Decision Support system to Promote Guideline Adherence for Healthy Weight Management and Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in Children: A Progress Update," Translational Behavioral Medicine, Vol.1, No.2, pp.103-107, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13142-011-0019-1
- M. J. Romano and R. S. Stafford, "Electronic Health Records and Clinical Decision Support Systems: Impact on National Ambulatory Care Quality," Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol.171, No.10, pp.897-903, 2011.
- G. W. Procop, L. M. Yerian, R. Wylie, A. M. Harrison, and K. Kottke-Marchant, "Duplicate Laboratory Test Reduction Using a Clinical Decision Support Tool," American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Vol.141, No.5, pp.718-723, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1309/AJCPOWHOIZBZ3FRW
- S. Tsumoto, S. Hirano, and Y. Tsumoto, "Information Reuse in Hospital Information Systems: A Data Mining Approach," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, pp.172-176, 2011.
- R. S. Mans, W. M. P. van der Aalst, R. J. Vanwersch, and A. J. Moleman, "Process Mining in Healthcare: Data Challenges When Answering Frequently Posed Questions," In Process Support and Knowledge Representation in health Care, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp.140-153, 2013.
- W. M. P. van der Aalst, Process Mining, Springer, 2011.
- P. N. Tan, M.Steinbach and V. Kumar, Introduction to Data Mining, Addison-Wesley, 2005.
- M.K. Obenshain, "Application of Data Mining Techniques to Healthcare Data," Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, Vol.25, No.8, pp.690-695, 2004 . https://doi.org/10.1086/502460
- H. C. Koh and G. Tan, "Data Mining Applications in Healthcare," Journal of Healthcare Information Management, Vol.19, No.2, pp.65-72, 2011.
- L. Rabiner, "A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models and Selected Applications in Speech Recognition," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.77, No.2, pp.257-286, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.18626
- A. Rebuge and D. R. Ferreira, "Business Process Analysis in Healthcare Environments: A Methodology based on Process Mining," Information Systems, Vol.37, No.2, pp.99-116, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.is.2011.01.003
- T. Blum, N. Padoy, H. Feussner and N, Navab, "Workflow Mining for Visualization and Analysis of Surgeries," International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Vol.3, No.5, pp.379-386, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-008-0239-0
- R. S. Mans, M. H. Schonenberg, G. Leonardi, S. Panzarasa, A. Cavallini, S. Quaglini, and W. M. P. van der Aalst, "Process Mining Techniques: An Application to Stroke Care," Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, Vol.136, pp.573-578, 2008.
- R. S. Mans, M. H. Schonenberg, M. Song, W. M. P. van der Aalst, and P. J. Bakker, "Application of Process Mining in Healthrcare - A Case Study in a Dutch Hospital," In Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies, Springer, pp.425-438, 2009.
- J. Poelmans, G. Dedene, G. Verheyden, H. van der Mussele, S. Viaene, and E. Peters, "Combining Business Process and Data Discovery Techniques for Analyzing and Improving Integrated Care Pathways," In Advances in Data Mining: Applications and Theoretical Aspects, Springer, pp.505-517, 2010.
- C. W. Gunther, A. Rozinat, W. M. P. van der Aalst, and K. van Uden, "Monitoring Deployed Application Usage with Process Mining," BPM Center Report BPM-08-11, pp.1-8, 2008.
- L. Perimal-Lewis, S. Qin, C. Thompson, and P. Hakendorf, "Gaining Insight from Patient Journey Data Using a Process-Oriented Analysis Approach," Proceedings of the Fifth Australian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management, Vol.129, pp.59-66, 2012.
- C. W. Gunther and W. M. P. van der Aalst, "Fuzzy Mining - Adaptive Process Simplification based on Multi-Perspective Metrics," In Business Process Management, Springer, pp.328-343, 2007.