- Volume 14 Issue 10
This study ascertained violence regulation of television program. Television programs that infringed the standards of violence and were sanctioned, were analyzed in terms of physical and contextual violence. In order to get data, content analysis was adopted. The results shows that violent behavior in terms of physical and violence motivations in terms of contextual were most frequently regulated. There were different results of the level of imposed sanction in terms of physical and contextual violence between network and cableTV. The regulation of television violence could be confirmed with these results.
Television Violence Program;Physical Violence;Contextual Violence;Violence Regulation
Supported by : 수원대학교
- 김지은, "한국 흉악범죄 기승", NEWSis, 2013.3.18.
- B. Felson, "Mass Media Effects on Violent Behavior," Annual Review of Sociology, No.22, pp.103-128, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.22.1.103
- G. Johnson, P. Cohenl, M. Smailes, S. Kasen, and S. Brook, "Television Viewing and Aggressive Behavior during Adolescence and Adulthood," Science, Vol.295, No.5564, pp.2468-2471, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1062929
- H. Paik and G. Comstock, "The Effects of Television Violence on Antisocial Behavior: A Meta-analysis," Communication Research, Vol.21, No.4, pp.516-546, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365094021004004
- 우형진, 김성벽, "폭력 영상물 둔감화에 대한 실험 연구", 한국방송학보, 제20권, 제5호, pp.87-130, 2006.
- G. Gerbner, M. Morgan, and N. Signorielli, "Growing up with Television: The Cultivation Perspective," In J. Bryant and D. Zillmann (Eds.), Media Effects: Advances in Theory and Research, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1994.
- 한균태, 하승태, 서영남, 조의현, "지상파 텔레비전의 어린이 프로그램에 나타난 폭력성 연구: 내용분석을 중심으로", 한국방송학보, 제21권, 제1호, pp.311-351, 2007.
- National Television Violence Study, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1996.
- A. Bandura, Aggression: A Social Learning Analysis, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1973.
- G. Comstock and H. Paik, Television and the American Child, NY: Academic Press, 1991.
- B. Gunter, The Question of Media Violence Media Effect: Advances in Theory and Research, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence, 1994.
- F. Topel, TMNT's Censored Violence. Canmag, 2007.
- L. Huesman, R. Moise, C. Podoski, and E. Leonard, "Logitudinal Relations Between Children's Exposure to TV Violence and Their Aggressive and Violent Behavior in Young Adulthood," Developmental Psychology, Vol.39, No.2, pp.201-221, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-16220.127.116.11
- 구정화, 청소년의 폭력성 멀티미디어의 수용정도가 폭력성향에 미치는 영향, 계명대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2011.
- C. Anderson and B. Bushman, "The Effects of Media Violence on Society," Science, No.295, pp.2377-2378, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1070765
- B. Kaye and B. Saposky, "Offensive Langage in Prime-time Television: Four Years After Television Age and Content Ratings," J. of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, Vol.48, No.4, pp.554-569, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15506878jobem4804_2
- W. Potter, The 11 Myths of Media Violence, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2003.
- M. Morgan and J. Shanahan, "The State of Cultivation," J. of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, Vol.54, No.2, pp.337-355, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/08838151003735018
- 오준근, "방송위원회의 주의경고 및 권고에 관한 행정법적 연구", 방송연구, 2004년 겨울호, pp.227-250, 2004,
- W. Potter and R. Warren, "Humor as Camouflage of Television Violence," J. of Communication, Vol.48, No.2, pp.40-58, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1998.tb02747.x
- 하승태, 민영, 김창숙, "주시청시간대 지상파 텔레비전의 폭력성 연구: 폭력의 맥락적 변인을 중심으로", 한국언론학보, 제51권, 제6호, pp.317-345, 2007.
- 홍숙영, "TV 다큐멘터리의 아동성 폭력 재현 방식", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제1호, pp.102-111, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.1.102