- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Range of Motion and Isokinetic Strength of Hip Joint in the College Women with Idiopathic Genu Vara
특발성 내반슬 여대생의 고관절 가동범위와 등속성 근력
- Received : 2014.06.09
- Accepted : 2014.07.22
- Published : 2014.10.28
This study is to present objective data for the approaches of therapeutic exercise for the correction of genu varum by making an analysis and a comparison of the hip joints' ROM and isokinetic muscles of the female college students with straight legs with those of a female college student with idiopathic genu varum. Additionally, the state of the adductor muscle's thighs and the deep muscles of the subjects with bowed legs were experimented and the equipment's effect and applicability was reviewed through the process of the movement of newly developed exercise equipment, Balloa(2013, Balloa/Adonia/Korea). As a result, a person with genu varum needs the height increasing method for increasing external rotation ROM of a hip joint and requires the exercise techniques to strengthen external rotator muscles and to inhibit the activity of internal rotator muscles of a hip joint. Balloa increases the external rotation ROM of a hip joint and strengthens gluteal muscles, deep muscles, and adductor muscles, and the equipment's function of muscle strengthening shows that the equipment is an effective corrective exercise for the patients of genu varum.
Idiopathic Genu Vara;Hip Joint;Corrective Exercise;External Rotation;Internal Rotation
- S. J. Britnell, J. V. Cole, L. Isherwood, M. M. Sran, N. Britnell, S. Burgi, G. Candido, and L. Watson, "Postural health in women: the role of physiotherapy," Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada, Vol.27, pp.493-510, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1701-2163(16)30535-7
- J. Bloomfield, Posture and proportionality in sport, In: Training in Sport: Applying Sport Science, B. Ellito(ed), New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., p.426, 1998.
- C. M. Norris, "Spinal stabilisation 4, Muscle imbalance and the low back," Physiotherapy, Vol.81, pp.127-138, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9406(05)67068-X
- C. B. Novak and S. E. Mackinnon, "Repetitive use and static postures: a source of nerve compression and pain," Journal of hand therapy, Vol.10, pp.151-159, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0894-1130(97)80069-5
- R. Herbert, Preventing and treating stiff joints, In: Key Issues in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, J. Crosbie and J. McConnell(eds), Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, pp.114-141, 1993.
- V. Janda, Muscle strength in relation to muscle length, pain and muscle imbalance, In: Muscle Strength. K. Harms-Ringdahl, ed. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, pp.83-91, 1993.
- S. A. Sahrmann, "Posture and muscle imbalance: faulty lumbar pelvic alignment and associated musculo-skeletal pain syndromes, Postgraduate Advances in Physical Therapy Course Notes," American Physical Therapy Association, pp.1-4, 1987.
- P. E. Williams, T. Catanese, E. G. Lucey, and G. Goldspink, "The importance of stretch and contractile activity in the prevention of connective tissue accumulation in muscle," Journal of anatomy, Vol.158, pp.109-114, 1988.
- J. C. Y. Cheng, S. C. Chiang, and S. Cheung, "Physiological bow leg and knock knee in Chinese children: An analysis of 1,640 children," The Hong Kong journal of paediatrics, Vol.6, pp.9-14, 1989.
- H. Shtarker, G. Volpin, J. Stolero, A. Kaushansky, and M. Samchukov, "Correction of combined angular and rotational deformities by the Iliozarov method," Clinical orthopaedics and related research, Vol.402, pp.199-209, 2002.
- S. Svenningsen, K. Apalset, T. Terjesen, and S. Anda, "Osteotomy for femoral anteversion, Complications in 95 children," Acta orthopaedica Scandinavica, Vol.60, pp.401-405, 1989. https://doi.org/10.3109/17453678909149306
- 강승호, 내반슬 대학생의 재활 프로그램 적용이 교정에 미치는 영향, 계명대학교대학원, 미간행박사학위논문, 2007.
- 한상민, 이기광, 하성, 손지훈, "교정운동이 내반 슬 하지 변형자의 고관절각, Q각, 무릎 사이 간격에 미치는 영향", 대한운동학회 운동학 학술지, 제13권, 제1호, pp.83-90, 2010.
- C. C. Norkin and D. J. White, Measurement of joint motion(4rd Eds), Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company, pp.258-268, 2009.
- M. A. Clark, S. C. Lucett, and B. G. Sutton, "NASM essentials of corrective exercise training," Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, p.14, 2014.
- American medical association, Guides to the evaluation of permanent impairment(5th ed), L. Cocchiarella, and G. B. L. Anderson(eds), AMA, Chicago, 2000.
- W. B. Greene and J. D. Heckman(eds.), American academy of orthopaedic surgeons: The clinical measurement of joint motion, AAOS, Chicago, 1994.
- K. E. Roach and T. P. Miles, "Normal hip an knee actives ranges of motion: The relationship to age," Physical therapy, Vol.71, p.656, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/71.9.656
- J. Bloomfield, Postural considerations in sport performance, In: Applied Anatomy and Biomechanics in Sport, J. Bloomfield, T. R. Ackland, and B. C. Elliot(eds), Melbourne: Blackwell Scientific Publication, pp.95-109, 1994.
- J. B. Holloway, Individual differences and their implications for resistance training, In: Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning, T. R. Baechle(ed.), Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, pp.156-157, 1994.
- F. P. Kendall, E. K. Mccreary, and P. G. Provance, Muscles Testing and Function(4th ed.), Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, pp.27-176, 1993.
- V. M. Zatsiorsky, Science and Practice of Strength Training, Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, pp.193-194, 1995.
- The Immediately Effect of Narrow Squats on the Knee Joint Biomechanics During a Gait and Distance Between the Knees of Person With Genu-varum vol.25, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12674/ptk.2018.25.3.019