- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Mediating Role of Affective Commitment in Explaining Relationship between Characteristics of Service-offer and Loyalty: Focused on Department Stores
서비스전달 특성과 충성도 관계에서 감정적 몰입의 매개역할: 백화점 중심으로
- Received : 2014.08.18
- Accepted : 2014.09.22
- Published : 2014.10.28
This study confirmed structural causal relations among concepts such as characteristics of service-offer, satisfaction, trust, affective commitment, and loyalty and surveyed mediating roles of affective commitment. The results are as follows. First, Customized service and service reliability influenced satisfaction while service competency did not. Service reliability affected trust while customized service and service competency did not. Second, satisfaction influenced trust and affective commitment but not loyalty while trust affected affective commitment and loyalty. Third, affective commitment influenced loyalty through the mediating role. The results mean that the seller-buyer relationship is a dynamic relationship. Finally, we discussed the role of affective commitment and the strategies of affective commitment development, and suggested future studies.
Characteristics of Service-offer;Satisfaction;Trust;Affective Commitment;Customer Loyalty
- J. Hess and J. Story, "Trust-based commitment: multidimensional consumer-brand relationships," Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol.22, No.6, pp.313-322, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760510623902
- A. Lindgreen, "Trust as a valuable strategic variable in the food industry: Different types of trust and their implementation," British Food Journal, Vol.105, No.6, pp.310-327, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070700310481694
- T. Jones, Sh. F. Taylor, and H. S. Bansal, "Commitment to a friend, a service provider, or a service company - are they distinctions worth making?," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.36, pp.473-487, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-008-0107-z
- H. S. Bansal, P. G. Irving, and S. F. Taylor, "A Three-component model of commitment to service providers," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.32, No.3, pp.234-250, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070304263332
- B. Cater and V. Zabkar, "Antecedents and consequences of commitment in marketing research services: The client's perspective," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.38, pp.785-797, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2007.10.004
- H. Evanschitzky, G. R. Iyer, H. Plassmann, J. Niessing, and H. Meffert, "The relative strength of affective commitment in securing loyalty in service relationships," Journal of Business Research, Vol.59, pp.1207-1213, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.08.005
- T. Jones, G. L. Fox, Sh. F. Taylor, and L. R. Fabrigar, "Service customer commitment and response," Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.24, No.1, pp.16-28, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041011017862
- K. S. Coulter and R. A. Coulter, "Determinants of trust in a service provider: the moderating role of length of relationship," Journal of Services Markeiting, Vol.16, No.1, pp.35-50, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040210419406
- V. Liljander and M. Bergenwall, "Consumption -based emotional responses related to satisfaction," Occasional Paper, Department of Marketing, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Helisinki, 2002.
- 최철재, "서비스제공자의 특성이 신뢰와 충성도에 미치는 영향" 관계형성 과정에서 감정적 만족의 인과적 역할", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.12, No.9, pp.294-307, 2012.
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithaml, and L. L. Berry, "A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research," Journal of Marketing, Vol.49, Fall, pp.41-50, 1985.
- R. C. Moorman, R. Deshpande, and G. Zaltman, "Factor affecting trust in market research relationships," Journal of Marketing, Vol.57, January, pp.81-101, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252059
- A. S. Gill, A. B. Flaschner, and M. Shachar, "Factor that affect the trust of business clients in their banks," International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol.24, No.6, pp.384-405, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320610701726
- Oliver, Richard L. "A Cognitive Model of the Antecedents and Consequences of Satisfaction Decisions," JCR, Vol.17, pp.460-479, Nov. 1980.
- L. L. Berry, A. Parasuraman, and V. A. Zeithaml, "The service quality puzzle," Business Horizon, Vol.31. No.5, pp.35-48, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/0007-6813(88)90053-5
- A. Caruana, "Service Loyalty: The effects of service quality and the mediating role of customer satisfaction," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.36, 7/8, pp.811-828, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560210430818
- S. Y. Shankar, V. E. Swan, I. F. Trawick and D. W. Silva, "How industrial salespeople gain customer trust," Industrial Marketing, 1985.
- L. A. Crosby, K. R. Evans, and D. Cowles, "Relationship quality in service selling: An interpersonal influence prespective," Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.3, pp.68-81, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251817
- R. M. Morgan and Sh. D. Hunt, "The Commitment-Trust theory of relationship marketing," Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, July, pp.20-38, 1994.
- F. Selnes, "Antecedents and consequences of trust and satisfaction in buyer-seller relationships," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.32, No3/4, pp.305-322, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569810204580
- I. Geyskens, Jan-Benedict E. M Steenkamp, L. K. Scheer, and N. Kumar, "The effects of trust and interdependence on relationship commitment: A trans-Atlantic study," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol.13, pp.303-317, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8116(96)00006-7
- 이성수 성영신, "구매자-판매자 관계에서 소비자 몰입: 다차원적 접근", 한국심리학회지: 소비자 광고, 제2권, 제2호, pp.31-60, 2001.
- C. F. Reichheld and T. Teal, The Loyalty Effect, Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press, 1996.
- P. Kotler and G. Armstrong, Principles of Marketing, Prentice-Hall of India, New Delhi, 1999.
- A. S. Dick and K. Basu, "Customer Loyalty: Toward an integrated conceptual framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.2, pp.99-113, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001
- Meyer and Blumelhuber, "Relationship Marketing Success Through Investment in Services," in Relationship Marketing: Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Customer Satisfaction and Customer Retention, eds. T. Henning-Thurau, U, Hansen, Springer, Berlin, pp.107-125, 2000.
- Siu and Cheung, "An measure of retail service quality," Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Vol.19, No.2, pp.88-96, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500110385327
- J. E. Swan, I. F. Trawick, and D. W. Silva, "How industrial salespeople gain customer trust" Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.14, No.13, pp.203-211, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-8501(85)90039-2
- P. Yetton and A. Crouch, "Managersubrodinate dyads: relationship among task and social contact, manager friendliness and subordinate performance in management groups," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.41, No.1, pp.65-82, 1981.
- P. Sun and Ch. Lin, "Building customer trust and loyalty: an empirical study in a retailing context," The Service Industries Journal, Vol.30, No.9, pp.1439-1455, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642060802621478
- C. Sichtmann, "An analysis of antecedents and consequences of trust in a corporate brand," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.41, No9/10, pp.999-1015, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710773318
- Foster and Cadogan, "Relationship selling and customer loyalty: an empirical investigation," Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Vol.18, No.4, pp.185-199, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500010333316
- A. C. Erasmus and S. Donogue, "Consumer Satisfaction; An Unattainable Idea?," Journal of Family Ecology and Consumer Science, Vol.1, pp.35-42, 1998.
- M. Wetzels, K. de Ruyter, and M. Van Birgelen, "Marketing Service Relationships; The Role of Commitment," Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol.13, pp.406-423, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/08858629810226708
- A. G. Abdul-Muhmin, "Instrumental and interpersonal determinants of relationship satisfaction and commitment in industrial market," Journal of Business Research, Vol.58, pp.619-628, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2003.08.004
- A. Beatson, L. V. Coote, and J. M. Rudd, "Determining customer satisfaction and commitment through serf-service technology and personal service usage," Journal of Marketing Management, Vol.22, pp.853-882, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725706778612121
- 천명환, "전문서비스의 만족과 몰입, 로열티의 구조적 관계", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제10호, pp.318-325, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.10.10.318
- 이종근 배무언, "백화점 고객이 가지는 관계가 고객만족과 신뢰 및 충성도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 유통과학연구, 제4권, 제1호, pp.27-51, 2006.
- N. Kumar, J. D. Hibbard, and L. W. Stem, "The nature and consequences of marketing channel intermediary commitment," Marketing Science Institute, Report, pp.94-115, 1994.
- H. Hansen, K. Sandvik, and F. Selnes, "Direct and indirect effects of commitment to a service employee on the intention to stay," Journal of Service Research, Vol.5, No.4, pp.356-368, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670503005004007
- D. Johnson and K. Granson, Cognitive and affective trust in service relationships. Journal of Business Research, Vol.58(April), pp.500-507, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(03)00140-1
- P. M. Doney, J. M. Barry, and R. Abrat, "Trust Determinants and Outcomes in Global B2B Services," European J. of Marketing, Vol.41, No9, pp.1096-1116, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710773363
- 김원겸, "백화점의 물리적 환경, 고객의 감정반응 및 행동의 관계", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.12, No.12, pp.761-770, 2010.