- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on Total Payment of Mental and Behavioral Disorders Patients Admitted through the Emergency Room: Focusing on Main & Sub Sick
응급실 경유 정신 및 행동장애 입원환자들의 총진료비 비교 : 주상병과 부상병 환자 중심으로
- Received : 2014.06.03
- Accepted : 2014.07.29
- Published : 2014.10.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the determinants of total payment for mental and behavioral disorders patients admitted through the emergency room. Study data was selected from the Korean National Health Insurance sample data in 2009. This data was consisted of 753 inpatients who are 331 inpatients with only main sick(F31-F39) and 422 inpatients with main sick codes(F31-F39) and sub sick(F00-F99) admitted through the emergency room. SPSS v.18 was used for the statistical analysis such as descriptive analysis, t-test, ANOVA, and multiple regression analysis. In multiple regression analysis, significant variables affecting total payment of main sick patients were gender(p<.01), treatment result(p<.001), path of the emergency room(p<.001), and length of stay(p<.001). Also, main sick patients with sub sick were gender(p<.01), age(p<.001), treatment result(p<.001), path of the emergency room(p<.001), and length of stay(p<.001). These findings implied that it is necessary to build short, middle, and longterm program and system for high risk mental and behavioral disorders groups.
Mental and Behavioral Disorders Patient;Main and Sub Sick;Emergency Room;Total Payment
- WHO, The Global Burden of Disease, 2004.
- WHO, The Global Burden of Disease, 2007.
- H. S. Lee, "The impact of emergency room utilization by depression patients on medical treatment expense in Korea," Osong Public Health Res Perspect, Vol.4, No.5, pp.240-245, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrp.2013.09.007
- 박정민, 정원일, "대학생의 보건교육 요구도 및 정 신건강보건교육", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제10호, pp.385-393, 2013.
- 국민건강보험공단, 보도자료. 2013.
- OECD(2011), Health Data. 2012.
- 안이수, "2004-2008 우울증 환자 의료이용 추이 분석", 건강보험심사평가원, 제3권, 제4호, pp.56-42, 2009.
- R. Carney, K. Freedl, and A. Jaffe, "Insomnia and depression prior to myocardial infarction," Psychosom Med, Vol.52, pp.603-609, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-199011000-00001
- 건강보험심사평가원(2011). 국정감사 자료. 서울: 건강보험심사평가원.
- T. Insel and D. Charney, "Research on major depression: strategies and priorities," The Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol.289, No.23, pp.3167-3168, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.23.3167
- G. Simon, M. VonKorff, and Barlow, "Health care costs of primary care patients with recognizes depression," Archives of General Psychiatry, Vol.52, No.10, pp.850-856, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1995.03950220060012
- A. Akincigil, J. Bowblis, C. Levin, J. Walkup, S. Jan, and S. Crystal, "Adherence to anti -depressant treatment among privately insured patients diagnosed with depression," Med Care, Vol.45, No.4, pp.363-369, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000254574.23418.f6
- C. Cantrell, M. Eaddy, M. Shah, T. Regan, and M. Sokol, "Methods for evaluating patient adherence to antidepressant therapy a real-world comparison of adherence and economic outcomes," Med Care, Vol.44, pp.300-303, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000204287.82701.9b