- Volume 3 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of a 4-phase Segment Type Switched Reluctance Motor
- Higuchi, Tsuyoshi (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nagasaki University) ;
- Yamaguchi, Daiki (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nagasaki University) ;
- Abe, Takashi (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nagasaki University) ;
- Yokoi, Yuichi (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nagasaki University)
- Received : 2013.04.18
- Accepted : 2014.07.22
- Published : 2014.09.01
A novel segment type switched reluctance motor (SRM) as a rare-earth-less motor is proposed. The torque was increased by 40% and the radial force was decreased by 76% compared with the same size usual variable reluctance (VR) type SRM. Increasing the average torque, however, caused increasing torque ripple. In this paper we develop a 4-phase segment type SRM and show that the torque ripple can be decreased well.
- T. J. E. Miller, Ed., "Switched Reluctance Motors and their Control", Lebanon, OH: Magna Physics/Oxford University Press, 1993.
- T. J. E. Miller, Ed., "Electronic Control of Switched Reluctance Motors", ser. Newnes Power Engineering Series. Oxford, U.K.: Newnes, 2001.
- B. C. Mecrow, J. W. Finch, E. A. EI-Kharashi and A. G. Jack, "The Design of Switched Reluctance Motors with Segmental Rotors" in Conference Record of ICEM 2002 No. 336, 2002.
- J. Oyama, T. Higuchi, T. Abe, and N. Kifuji, "Novel Switched Reluctance Motor with Segment Core Embedded in Aluminum Rotor Block", IEEJ Trans. IA, Vol.126, No4, pp.385-390, 2005.
- J. Oyama, T. Higuchi, T. Abe, and K. Tanaka, "The Fundamental Characteristics of Novel Switched Reluctance Motor with Segment Core Embedded in Aluminum Rotor Block", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 58-62, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2006.1.1.058
- T. Higuchi, Y. Nakao, T. Abe, "Characteristics of a Novel Segment Type SRM with 2-step Slide Rotor", in Proc. The 12th ICEMS, LS04D-2, 2009.
- T. Higuchi, K. Suenaga, T. Abe, "Torque Ripple Reduction of Novel Segment Type Switched Reluctance Motor by Increasing Phase Number", in Proc. The 12th ICEMS, LS03C-4, 2009.
- D. Yamaguchi, T. Higuchi, T. Abe, Y. Yokoi, "A Characteristic Experiment of 4-Phase Segment Type Switched Reluctance Motor", in Proc. The 15th ICEMS, LS5B-3, 2012.