- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Improvement of Isolated High Voltage Full Bridge Converter Using Voltage Doubler
Lee, Hee-Jun;Shin, Soo-Cheol;Hong, Seok-Jin;Hyun, Seung-Wook;Lee, Jung-Hyo;Won, Chung-Yuen
- 투고 : 2014.03.26
- 심사 : 2014.09.24
- 발행 : 2014.11.01
The performance of an isolated high voltage full bridge converter is improved using a voltage doubler. In a conventional high voltage full bridge converter, the diode of the transformer secondary voltage undergoes a voltage spike due to the leakage inductance of the transformer and the resonance occurring with the parasitic capacitance of the diode. In addition, in the phase shift control, conduction loss largely increases from the freewheeling mode because of the circulating current. The efficiency of the converter is thus reduced. However, in the proposed converter, the high voltage dual converter consists of a voltage doubler because the circulating current of the converter is reduced to increase efficiency. On the other hand, in the proposed converter, an input current is distributed when using parallel input / serial output and the output voltage can be doubled. However, the voltages in the 2 serial DC links might be unbalanced due to line impedance, passive and active components impedance, and sensor error. Considering these problems, DC injection is performed due to the complementary operations of half bridge inverters as well as the disadvantage of the unbalance in the DC link. Therefore, the serial output of the converter needs to control the balance of the algorithm. In this paper, the performance of the conventional converter is improved and a balance control algorithm is proposed for the proposed converter. Also, the system of the 1.5[kW] PCS is verified through an experiment examining the operation and stability.
Fuel cell;PCS(Power Conditioning System);Dual converter;Full bridge converter;DC/DC converter;SOB(Serial Output Voltage Balance) control
- Seung-Wook Hyun, Hee-Jun Lee, Soo-Choel Shin, Kwang-Su Na, Chung-Yuen Won, "A new voltage balancing control for dual full-bridge converter and single-phase half-bridge inverter," ICEMS, pp.1722-1726, Oct. 2013
- Jee-Hoon Jung, Shehab Ahmed, "Dynamic Model of PEM Fuel Cell Using Real-time Simulation Techniques," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 6, November 2010. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2010.10.6.739
- Ah Emad, Sheldon S, Wilhamson, "Status Review of Power Electronic Converters for Fuel Cell Applications," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 1, No. 2, October 2001.
- E-H Kim, B-H Kwon, "High step-up resonant pushpull converter with high efficiency," IET Power Electron, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 79-89, January 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel:20070140
- Jeong-Man Han, Byung-Hwan Jeong, Jae-Seok Gho, Gyu-Ha Choe, "Analysis of PWM Converter for V-I Output Characteristics of Solar Cell," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 3, No. 1, January 2003.
- Young-Jong Ko, Kyo-Beum Lee, "Fault Diagnosis of a Voltage-Fed PWM Inverter for a Three-Parallel Power Conversion System in a Wind Turbine," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 6, November 2010. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2010.10.6.686
- R. Oruganti, J. Yang, and F.C. Lee, "Implementation of Optimal Trajectory Control of Series Resonant Converters," Proc. IEEE PESC '87, 1987.
- Arias, M. de Oviedo, Gijon, Lamar, D.G. Linera, Balocco, D, "Design of a Soft-Switching Asymmetrical Half-Bridge Converter as Second Stage of an LED Driver for Street Lighting Application," Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume:27, No. 3, MARCH 2012.
- Bo-Yuan Chen, Yen-Shin Lai, "Switching Control Technique of Phase-Shift-Controlled Full-Bridge Converter to Improve Efficiency Under Light-Load and Standby Conditions Without Additional Auxiliary Components," Journal of Power Electronics, VOL. 25, No. 4, APRIL 2010
- Ki-Bum Park, Chong-Eun Kim, Gun-Woo Moon, Myung-Joong Youn, "Voltage Oscillation Reduction Technique for Phase-Shift Full-Bridge Converter," transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 54, No. 5, OCT 2007.
- Fei-Hu Hsieh, Hen-Kung Wang, Po-Lun Chang, Hsuan-Chiang Wu, "Nonlinear Dynamic Behaviors in Voltage-Mode Controlled Single-Phase Half-Bridge Inverters via Varying Input Voltage," PSCPA 2010, pp. 230-234, Sept. 2010.
- Kwi-Seong Jeong, Won-Yong Lee, Chang-Soo Kim, "Energy management strategies of a fuel cell/battery hybrid system using fuzzy logics," Journal of power sources, Volume 145, Issue 2, pp 319-326, August 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.01.076
- D.J.Friedman, T.L.Lipman, A.Eggert, S.Ramaswamy, K.H. Hauer, "Hybridization: cost and efficiency comparisons for PEM fuel cell vehicles," AE Technical Paper 2000-01-3078.
- J.-S. Lai and D. J. Nelson, "Energy management power converters in hybrid electric and fuel cell vehicles," Proceedings of IEEE, Vol. 95, No. 4, pp. 766-777, Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2006.890122
- Phatiphat Thounthong, Stephane Rael, and Bernard Davat, "Control Strategy of Fuel Cell and Super capacitors Association for a Distributed Generation System," Transactions on industrial electronics, VOL. 54, No. 6, DECEMBER 2007.
- Woo-Jin Lee, Chong-Eun Kim, Gun-Woo Moon, Sang-Kyoo Han, "A New Phase-Shifted Full-Bridge Converter With Voltage-Doubler-Type Rectifier for High-Efficiency PDP Sustaining Power Module," transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 55, No. 6, JUNE 2008.
- Xin Kong, Ashwin M. Khambadkone, "Analysis and Implementation of a High Efficiency, Interleaved Current-Fed Full Bridge Converter for Fuel Cell System," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 22, No. 2, MARCH 2007.
- F. C. Lee, P. Barbosa, P. Xu, J. Zhang, B. Yang, and F. Canales, "Topologies and design considerations for distributed power system applications," Proc. IEEE, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 939-950, Jun. 2001.
- P. K. Jain, W. Kang, H. Soin, and Y. Xi, "Analysis and design considerations of a load and line independent zero voltage switching full-bridge DC/DC converter topology," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 649-657, Sep. 2002.
- Lianghua Zhang, Xu Yang, Wenjie Chen, Xiaofeng Yao, "An Isolated Soft-Switching Bidirectional Buck- Boost Inverter for Fuel Cell Applications," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 3, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2010.10.3.235
- H. H. Kim, H.J. Lee, S. C. Shin, Y. S. Ko, M. H. Shin, C. Y. Won, "Minimization of input current ripple in 2-level full-bridge converter for fuel cell power system", IPEMC 2012, Vol. 3, 1910-1914, JUNE 2012.
- Young-Do Kim, Kyu-Min Cho, Duk-You Kim, Gun- Woo Moon, "Wide-Range ZVS Phase-Shift Full- Bridge Converter With Reduced Conduction Loss Caused by Circulating Current," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 28, No. 7, JULY 2013.
- Commercial Vehicle Anti-Start Air Conditioner Compressor System Using a Power Conversion Unit vol.29, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.6.2224
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)