- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Eco-friendly vehicle preferences by consumer characteristics
운전자 특성에 따른 친환경 자동차에 대한 선호도 분석
- Won, Doohwan (Pusan National University, Department of Economics)
- 원두환 (부산대학교 경제학부)
- Received : 2014.04.16
- Accepted : 2014.06.13
- Published : 2014.06.30
This research presents that exogenous characteristics of consumers affect eco-friendly vehicle preference. The car consumers are classifies into two groups by their characteristics - sex, age, and fuel expense. To find differences in the preference for eco-friendly vehicle, marginal utilities and compensate variations of vehicle attributes are estimated. The results suggest that there are significant differences in marginal utilities and compensate variations. However, the compensate variation is more reliable standard to test the preference differences because utility is a subjective measure. Men and old people have stronger preference for the fuel efficiency than women and young people. High fuel expense people have more preference for short time charging vehicles than low fuel expense people. In addition, gasoline vehicles are more attractive to young people than old people.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- 최도영.이상열, "친환경. 고효율 자동차 보급정책 평가", 에너지경제연구원 기본연구보고서, 2011, 12.
- Roe, B., Teisl, M., Levy, A., Rusesell, M., "US Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Green Electricity," Energy Policy, Vol. 29, 2001, pp. 917-925. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-4215(01)00006-4
- 백성현, "자동차에 대한 소비자 선호도 연구", 단국대학교 석사 학위논문, 2006.
- 이종수.조영상.이정동, "시장규제를 고려한 대체연료 자동차의 수요예측에 관한 연구", 경제학연구, 제52권 제2호, 2004.
- 가계동향 조사, 2013년 가계동향조사 가구당 월평균 가계수지, 통계청, 2013.
- 그린카전략포럼, 제2차 그린카전략포럼 발표자료 : HEV/PHEV 중심, 2010.
- Ahn, J., Jeong, G., Kim, Y., "A Forecast of Household Ownership and Use of Alternative Fuel Vehicles: A Multiple Discrete-continuous Choice Approach", Energy Economics 30, 2008, pp. 2091-2104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2007.10.003
- Brownstone, D., Bunch, D.D., Golob, T.T., Ren, W., "A Transaction Choice Model for Forecasting Demand for Alternative Fuel Vehicles," Research in Transportation Economics, Vol. 4, 1996, pp. 87-338. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0739-8859(96)80007-2
- Caulfield, B., Farrell, S., McMahon, B., "Examining Individual Preferences for Hybrid Electric and Alternatively Fuelled Vehicles," Transportation Policy, Vol. 17, 2010, pp. 381-387. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tranpol.2010.04.005
- Potoglous, D., Kanaroglos, P.S., " Household Demand and Willingness to Pay for Clean Vehicles," Transportation Research Part D, Vol. 12, 2007, pp. 264-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2007.03.001
- Ren, X., Patunru, A. A., Braden, J.B., "Language-Related Differences in Environmental Benefits Estimation: Evidence from a Mail Survey," Contemporary Economic Policy, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2008, pp. 13-31. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1465-7287.2007.00060.x
- Champ, P., Boyle, K., Brown, T. eds. A Primer on Nonmarket Valuation, Norwell, MA, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2003.
- Dagsvike, J. K., Wetterdald, D. G., Wennemo, T., Aaberge, R., "Potential Demand for Alternative Fuel Vehicles," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Vol. 36. 2002, pp. 361-384. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-8564(01)00013-1
- Hidrue, M., Parson, G., Kempton, W., Gardner, M., "Willingness to Pay for Electric Vehicles and Their Attributes," Resource and Energy Economics, Vol. 33. 2011, pp. 686-705. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.reseneeco.2011.02.002
- Hoen, A., Koetse, M. J., "A Choice Experiment on Alternative Fuel Vehicle Preferences of Private Car Owners in the Netherlands," Transportation Research Part A, Vol 61, 2014, pp. 199-215.
- Mau, P., Eyzaguirre, J., Jaccard, M., Collins-Dodd, C., Tiedemann, K., "The Neighbor Effect: Simulating Dynamics in Consumer Preferences for New Vehicle Technologies," Ecological Economics, Vol. 68, 2008, pp. 504-516. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2008.05.007
- Long, J. S., Freese, J., Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables Using Stata, Stata Press, 2006
- Louviere, J., Hensher, D., Swait, J., Stated Choice Methods: Analysis and Application, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- Mabit, S. L., Fosgerau, M., "Demand for Alternative-Fuel Vehicles When Registration Taxes are High," Transportation Research Part D, Vol. 16, 2011, pp. 225-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2010.11.001
- Parsons, G. R., Hidrue, M. K., Kempton, W., Gardner, M.P., "Willingness to Pay for Vehicle-to-Grid(V2G) Electric Vehicles and Their Contract Terms," Energy Economics, Vol. 42, 2014, pp. 313-324. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2013.12.018
- Patunru, A. A., Braden, J. B., Chattopadyay, S., "Who Cares About Environmental Stigma and Does It Matter? A Latent Segmentation Analysis of Stated Preferences for Real Estate," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 89, No. 3, 2007, pp. 712-726. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8276.2007.00988.x
- Phelps, R. H. and J. Shanteau, "Livestock judges: How much information can an expert use?", Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol. 21, 1978, pp. 209-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(78)90050-8