- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Comparison of Decomposition Analyses for Primary and Final Energy Consumption of Korea
우리나라 1차 에너지와 최종 에너지 소비 변화요인 분해 비교분석
- Park, Sungjun (Dept. of Natural Resources and Environmental Eng., Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Jinsoo (Dept. of Natural Resources and Environmental Eng., Hanyang University)
- Received : 2014.02.28
- Accepted : 2014.06.20
- Published : 2014.06.30
There has been a lot of studies to identify the driving forces of energy consumption. Many of them decomposed the final energy consumption into the intensity effect, structural effect, and production effect. Those approach, however, could not consider the transformation loss during the electric power generation. Therefore, in this study, we conducted a decomposition analysis on the primary energy use basis to reflect that transformation loss. Log mean Divisia index and refined Laspeyres methods were used for the index decomposition. As results, we could find out that the difference between two approaches were definite. The intensity effect in 2011 is -0.607 times against 1981 in the final energy case, but -0.236 times in the primary energy case. The structure effect in 2011 is 0.227 times against 1981 in the final energy case, but 0.434 times in the primary energy case. Therefore, an analysis on the primary energy basis is essential when conducting a decomposition analysis.
- 박희천, "한국 제조업의 에너지효율 향상평가", 자원.환경경제연구 제10권 제2호, 2001, pp.135-159.
- 국가통계포털, http://www.kosis.kr, 통계청, 2013.
- 김화영.김지효, "주요 분해분석 방법론을 이용한 에너지유 소비변화 분석", 한국지구시스템공학회지 제45권 제2호, 2008, pp.91-100.
- 나인강.이성근, "산업부분 에너지 효율 변화요인 분석", 자원.환경경제연구 제17권 제2호, 2008, pp.255-288.
- 오진규, 지속가능발전을 위한 에너지부문 전략 연구 -제조업부문 에너지소비 요인 분해 연구-, 기본연구보고서 03-08, 에너지경제연구원, 2003.12.
- 임재규.김종익, "국내 산업부문의 전력.에너지 소비효율 비교.분석: LMDI 요인분해 방법론 활용", 에너지경제연구 제13권 제1호, 2014, pp.121-143.
- 최기홍, "화력발전소 효율개선 측정에 대한 디비지아분해기법의 적용," 자원.환경경제연구 제9권 제5호, 2000, pp.811-827.
- Ang, B.W., "Decomposition methodology in industrial energy demand analysis," Energy, Vol.20, No.11, 1995, pp.1081-1095. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-5442(95)00068-R
- Ang, B.W., "The LMDI approach to decomposition analysis: A practical guide," Energy Policy, Vol.33, No.7, 2005, pp.867-871. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2003.10.010
- Ang, B.W.and K.H.Choi, "Decomposition of aggregate energy and gas emission intensities for industry: a refined Divisia index method," The Energy Journal, Vol. 18, No.3, 1997, pp.59-73.
- Ang, B.W., and F.Q.Zhang, "A survey of index decomposition analysis in energy and environmental studies," Energy, Vol.25, No.12, 2000, pp.1149-1176. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-5442(00)00039-6
- Choi, K.H.and B.W.Ang, "Decomposition of aggregate energy intensity changes in two measures: Ratio and difference," Energy Economics, Vol.25, No.6, 2003, pp.615-624. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-9883(03)00038-0
- Ang, B.W., F.Q.Zhang, and K.H.Choi, "Factorizing changes in energy and environmental indicators through decomposition," Energy, Vol.23, No.6, 1998, pp.489-495. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-5442(98)00016-4
- Boyd, G.A., D.A.Hanson, and T.Sterner, "Decomposition of changes in energy intensity : A comparison of the divisia index and other methods," Energy Economics, Vol.10, No.4, 1988, pp.309-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-9883(88)90042-4
- Choi, K.H., B.W.Ang, and K.K.Ro, "Decomposition of the energy-intensity index with application for the korean manufacturing industry," Energy, Vol.20, No. 9, 1995, pp.835-842. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-5442(95)00041-E
- Greening, L.A., Boyd, G., Roop, J.M., "Modeling of industrial energy consumption: An introduction and context," Energy Economics, Vol.29, No.4, 2007, pp.599-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2007.02.011
- IEA, Energy balances for OECD countries, Paris, International Energy Agency, 2013.
- IEA, World Energy Oultook, Paris, International Energy Agency, 2013.
- Kim, J., The relationship between energy consumption and economic growth: Theoretical and empirical issues, Seoul, Ph.D.dissertation, Seoul National University, 2010.
- Reitler, W., M.Rudolf, and H.Schaefer, "Analysis of the factors influencing energy consumption in industry: a revised method," Energy Economics, Vol.9, No.3, 1987, pp.145-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-9883(87)90019-3
- Sun, J.W., "Changes in energy consumption and energy intensity: A complete decomposition model," Energy Economics, Vol.20, No.1, 1998, pp.85-100.
- Zhao, Y., J.Ke, C.C.Ni, M.McNeil, N.Z.Khanna, N.Zhou, D.Fridley, and Q. Li, "A comparative study of energy consumption and efficiency of Japanese and Chinese manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Vol.70, No.1, 2014, pp. 45-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2014.02.034