- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Estimating the Economic Value of Recreation Sea Fishing in the Yellow Sea: An Application of Count Data Model
가산자료모형을 이용한 서해 태안군 유어객의 편익추정
- Choi, Jong Du (Department of business administration)
- 최종두 (고려사이버대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2014.02.20
- Accepted : 2014.06.18
- Published : 2014.06.30
The purpose of this study is to estimate the economic value of the recreational sea fishing in the Yellow Sea using count data model. For estimating consumer surplus, we used several count data model of travel cost recreation demand such as a poisson model(PM), a negative binomial model(NBM), a truncated poisson model(TPM), and a truncated negative binomial model(TNBM). Model results show that there is no exist the over-dispersion problem and a NBM was statistically more suitable than the other models. All parameters estimated are statistically significant and theoretically valid. The NBM was applied to estimate the travel demand and consumer surplus. The consumer surplus pre trip was estimated to be 254,453won, total consumer surplus per person and per year 1,536,896won.
Supported by : 한국수산자원관리공단
- 권오상, 환경경제학, 박영사, 2003.
- 김도훈, "여행비용모형 분석을 통한 유어(遊漁)활동의 경제적 가치 추정: 미국 멕시코만 Red Grouper 유어부문을 대상으로", 수산경영론집, 제36권 제2호, 2005, pp. 121-134.
- 신영철, "자연휴양지 방문편익 추정모형의 비교 연구-영산강 하구를 대상으로," 자원.환경경제연구, 21(4), 2012, pp. 981-998.
- 박미옥 외, "광안리 해수욕장 비시장재화의 가치추정: 여행비용법(TCM)의 활용", 호텔관광연구, 제12권 2호, 2010, pp. 17-27.
- 송운강 외, "TCM의 여행비용변수에 대한 논의", 관광연구저널, 제19권 3호, 2005, pp. 125-137.
- 송운강 외, "자료의 특성에 따른 개인여행비용법의 적용", 관광학연구, 제31권 3호, 2007, pp. 171-188.
- 엄영숙, "자연환경자원 방문수요선택에 현시된 여가시간의 가치추정: 카운트자료모형을 적용하여," 경제학연구, 제56권 1호, 2008, pp. 57-78.
- 표희동 외, "개별여행비용법을 이용한 바다 유어 낚시의 소비자 잉여추정", Ocean and Polar Research, 제30권 2호, 2008, pp. 141-148. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2008.30.2.141
- Cameron, A. C. and P. K. Trivedi, "Econometric models based on count data : Comparisons and application of some estimators," Journal of Applied Econometrics, Vol 46, 1986, pp. 347-364.
- Cameron, A. C. and P. K. Trivedi, Regression Analysis of Count data, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- Cesario, F. J., "Value of Time in Recreation Benefit Studies," Land Economics, Vol 35, 1976, pp. 32-41.
- Curtis, J. A., "Estimation the Demand for Salmon Angling in Ireland," Econ. Social Review, Vol 33, 2002, pp. 319-332.
- Englin, J. and D. Lambert, "Measuring Angling Quality in Count Data Models of Recreational Fishing," Environmental and Resource Economics, Vol 6, 1995, pp. 389-399. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00691821
- Evans, J. S. and C. S. Van Doren, "A Measurement of the Demand for Recreational Facilities at LEWIS and Clark Lake," Business Research Bureau, 1960.
- Gillig, D. et al, "The Value of the Gulf of Mexico Recreational Red Snapper Fishery," Marine Resource Economics, Vol 15, 2000, pp. 127-139. https://doi.org/10.1086/mre.15.2.42629296
- Greene, W. H., Econometric Analysis, Prentice Hall Inc., 2000.
- Grossmann, M., "Impacts of Boating Trip Limitations on the Recreational Value of the Spreewald Wetland: a Pooled Revealed/Contingent Behaviour Application of the Travel Cost Method," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Vol 54, 2011, pp. 211-226. https://doi.org/10.1080/09640568.2010.505827
- Hagerty, D. and K. Moeltner, "Specipication of Driving Costs in Models of Recreation Demand," Land Economics, Vol 81, 2005.
- Kolstad, C., Environmental Economics, Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Hellerstein, D. and R. Mendelsohn, "A Theoretical Foundation for Count Data Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol 75, 1993, pp. 604-611. https://doi.org/10.2307/1243567
- Hensher D. A., "Measurement of the Valuation of Travel Time Savings," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, Vol 35, 2008, pp. 71-98.
- Iamtrakul P., K. Teknomo and K. Hokao, "Public Park Valuation Using Travel Cost Method," Proceedings of the Eastern Asia Societ for Transportation Studies, Vol 5, 2005, pp. 1249-1264.
- Pradhan, N. C. and P. Leung, "A Possion and Neagtive bionomial Regression Model of Sea Trutle Interaction in Hawaii's Longline Fishery," Fish. Res., Vol 78, 2006, pp. 309-322. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2005.12.013
- Randall, A., "A Difficult with the Travel Cost Method," Land Economics, Vol 70, 1994, pp. 88-96. https://doi.org/10.2307/3146443
- Shaw, D., "On-site Samples Regression: Problems of Non-negative Integers, Truncation, and Endogeneous Stratification," Journal of Economics, Vol 37, 1988, pp. 211-223. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4076(88)90003-6
- Wald, F. and D. Beal, Valuing Nature with Travel Cost Models, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2000.