- Volume 17 Issue 5
In this paper, linear dynamic equations are derived from nonlinear dynamic equations of constrained multibody systems using the QR decomposition method. The derived linear equations are applied to a railway vehicle bogie. The vibration characteristics of the railway vehicle are investigated by calculating the natural mode and transfer function of the bogie frame in relation to rail-roughness input. The main modes of the bogie were found below 35Hz, and the local modes above 198Hz. The magnitude of the vertical transfer function varied with the forward velocity due to vertical and pitch modes, which were influenced by the forward velocity. The magnitude of the lateral transfer function was negligibly small, and the mode in the longitudinal direction was excited for longitudinal transfer function regardless of the forward velocity.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J.S. Kang, S. Bae, J.M. Lee, T.O. Tak (2003) Force Equilibrium Approach for Linearization of Constrained Mechanical System Dynamics, Journal of Mechanical Design, 125, pp. 143-149. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1541631
- J. Zhou, G Shen, H Zhang, L Ren (2008) Application of modal parameters on ride quality improvement of railway vehicles, Vehicle System Dynamics, 46, Supplement, pp. 629-641. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802033049
- D. Gong, W. Sun, J. Zhou, X. Xiea (2011) Analysis on the Vertical Coupled Vibration between Bogies and Metro Car Body, Procedia Engineering, 16, pp. 825-831. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2011.08.1161
- A. Stribersky, F. Moser, W. Rulka (2002) Structural dynamics and ride comfort of a rail vehicle system, Advances in Engineering Software, 33, pp. 541-552. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-9978(02)00072-8
- N. Orlandea, M. A.Chase, D.A. Calahan (1977) A Sparsity- Oriented Approach to the Dynamic Analysis and Design of Mechanical Systems-Parts I and II, ASME J. Eng. Ind., 99, pp. 773-784. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3439312
- D.H. Choi, J.H. Park, H.H. Yoo (2005) Modal analysis of constrained multibody systems undergoing rotational motion, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 280, pp. 63-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2003.12.011
- W. Jiang, X.D. Chen, X. Luo, Y.T. Hu, H.P. Hu (2011) Vibration Calculation of spatial multibody systems based on constrained- topology transformation, Journal of Mechanics, 27(4), pp. 479-491. https://doi.org/10.1017/jmech.2011.51
- J.S. Kang (2012) A Three Dimensional Wheelset Dynamic Analysis considering Wheel-rail Two Point Contact, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(1), pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.001
- S.S. Kim, Vanderplog (1986) QR decomposition for state space representation of constrained mechanical dynamic systems, Journal of Mechanisms, Transmissions, and Automation in Design, 108, pp. 183-188. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3260800
- Using Matlab Ver. 6 (2004) The Mathworks Inc., Natick, MA, USA.
- Kik, W., Moelle, D. (2000) Implementation of the wheel-rail element in ADAMS/Rail Ver. 10.1., In: 5th ADAMS/Rail User's Conference, Haarleem.