- Volume 38 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Advanced Treatment of Shipboard Sewage by RCM Process with BM
복합미생물제제를 이용한 RCM공법의 선박오수 처리장치 적용에 관한 연구
- Ha, Shin-Young (Graduate school of Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kim, In-Soo (Division of Environment Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2014.09.29
- Accepted : 2014.10.20
- Published : 2014.10.31
Lab scale experiment was carried out to study biological wastewater treatment technology developed for shipboard. RCM process using BM(Beneficial Microorganisms) was investigated for practical application on shipboard sewage treatment. RCM process is an environmental friendly treatment system, with minimum production of sludge. In the test, BOD5, CODcr, T-N and T-P were reduced a 96%, 97%, 78% and 81.68% respectively. From the result it was suggested that RCM process with BM might be a suitable process for shipboard sewage treatment, maintenance of useful microorganisms and creating special environment as the SDC tank is circulating in the non-biodegradable organics sludge generated during the wastewater treatment, thus reducing the amount of sludge generated. Therefore, the RCM process does not require additional equipment to strengthen it to meet the marine pollution standards.
- IMO MAPOR 73/78(1973,1978), Annex, of the international convention for the prevention of pollution from ships.
- IMO, 2012, Resolution MEPC.227(64), Revised guidelines on implementation of effluent standards and performance tests for sewage treatment plants.
- Kim, I. S. et al.(2012), "Advanced Treatment of Shipboard Sewage by SBR Process with BM", Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 36, No. 8, pp. 643-649. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2012.36.8.643
- Leonre, S. E., Aronld, E. G. and Andrew, D. E.(1998), "Standard Method for the Examination of Water and Wastewater", 20th ed., Am. Pub. Health Assoc., Washington.
- Lee, E. S. and Kim, I. S.(2011), "Shipboard sewage treatment by SBR process with BM", Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 35, No. 10, pp. 817-822. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2011.35.10.817
- Shin, S, H.(2009), Biological treatment of nitrate and perchlorate in brine water with a biofilter, Chung Ang University.
- Ha, S, Y.(2012), Refractory wastewater treatment by Indigenous Microorganisms, Korea Maritime University
- Han, S, H. et al.(2010), "Ship Sewage Treatment Using Fixed Media Method", Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 99-104.