- Volume 38 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of Crew Members Fatigue Survey for the Ship Types in Korea
국내 선종별 선박승무원 피로도 분석에 관한 연구
- Yang, Won-Jae (Division of Maritime Transportation System, Mokpo National Maritime University)
- 양원재 (목포해양대학교 해상운송시스템학부)
- Received : 2014.09.30
- Accepted : 2014.10.16
- Published : 2014.10.31
This paper presents the crew members fatigue survey in order to understand the current state of various fatigue causal factors and personnel fatigue subjective symptoms, and then analyzes the survey items. The results of this survey are as follows. Firstly, many crew members were struggling with the lack of sleep and rest hour. Secondly, environmental factors such as weather, ship motion and vibration, noise, accommodation condition etc. disturbed the sleep of crew members. In third, their duty hours were more than 10 hours per day in certain types of ship. In fourth, they felt fatigue a lot when they were on board because of the workload and stress. Lastly, in some measurement items of fatigue symptoms(physical, mental, emotional), many crew members were experiencing more than moderate fatigue symptoms.
Grant : 선원피로의 실태분석 및 해양사고와의 인과관계 분석
Supported by : 중앙해양안전심판원
- IMO(1997), Code for the Investigation of Marine causalities and Incidents, Res. A. 849(20), pp. 1-10.
- IMO(1999), Appendix 2, Guidelines for the Investigation of Human Factors in Marine causalities and Incidents, Res. A. 884(21), pp. 1-20.
- IMO(2001), Guidance on Fatigue Mitigation and Management, MSC/Circ. 1014, pp. 3-28.
- Kim, H. T. et al.(2007), "Development of Collision Scenario -Based Evaluation System for the Cognitive Performance of Marine Officers", Journal of Korea Institute of Navigation and Port Research", Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 1-2. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2007.31.1.001
- KIOST(2009), Development of Prevention and Management Technology for Human-related Marine Accidents, Report, pp. 1-45.
- Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal(2014), Marine Accidents Statistics 2014, http://www.kmst.go.kr.
- Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal(2012), An Analysis of the Crew members Fatigue and the Relationship of Marine Accidents and Fatigue, Report, pp. 31-36.
- Maritime Accident Casebook(2012), Fatigue Risk Management on the Horizon, http://maritimeaccident.org/2012/03/fatigue-risk-manage ment-on-the-horizon/#more-18214.
- Maritime accident Investigation Branch(2004), http://www.maib.gov.uk.
- Rhodes, W. and Gil, V.(2002), Fatigue Management Guide for Canadian Marine Pilots, A Trainer's Handbook(TP 13960E), pp. 3-16.
- Smith, A. et al.(2006), Seafarer Fatigue the Cardiff Research Programme, Cardiff University UK.
- USCG(1996), "Procedures for Investigating and Reporting Human Factors and Fatigue Contributions to Marine causalties", Report No. CG-D-09-97, pp. 1-25.
- USCG(1998), "Crew Fatigue and Performance on U.S. Coast Guard Cutters", Report No. CG-D-10-99, pp. 1-31.
- Yang, W. J.(2004), "Study on the Fatigue Factor as a Cause of Human Error", Journal of Korea Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 10, No, 2, pp. 1-6.