- Volume 17 Issue 4
Content Standards for K-9 Engineering Education
초등 및 중학교 수준의 공학교육 내용표준 제안
- Park, HyunJu (Department of Chemistry Education, Chosun University) ;
- Baek, Yoon Su (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2014.02.11
- Accepted : 2014.07.09
- Published : 2014.07.31
The purpose of this study was to conceptualize the idea of engineering between science and technology, to classify the types of K-9 engineering education, and to develop content standards for it. The primary goal for an engineer is to design, create, and produce new tools, machines, and systems for practical means of human by exploiting technology and science. Engineering is the professional art of using technology, and the practical application of science and mathematics to achieve the optimum conversion of the resources of nature for the benefit of humankind. We reviewed the literatures and documents for background research, had surveys, and interviewed with engineers and educators to set the frame of the content standards for K-9 Engineering education and to construct standards for each sub-component. We developed and suggested the content standards for K-9 engineering education by examining and revising it.
Supported by : 조선대학교
- 김진용 외(2012). 창의적 융합과학기술인재 양성을 위한 초중고 STE(A)M교육정책 방안. 정책연구보고서. 한국과학기술기획평가원.
- 권혁수, 박경숙(2009). 공학적 디자인: 과학, 기술, 공학, 수학교육의 촉진자. 과학교육연구지, 33(2), 207-220.
- 김경희, 김수진, 김남희, 박선용, 김지영, 박효희, 정송(2008). 수학. 과학 성취도 추이변화 국제비교 연구: TIMSS 2007 결과보고서, 연구보고 RRE 2008-3-3, 한국교육과정평가원.
- 김진수(2007). 기술교육의 새로운 통합교육 방법인 STEM 교육의 탐색. 한국기술교육학회지, 7(3), 1-29.
- 김진수(2011). STEAM 교육을 위한 피라미드 모형과 큐빅 모형. 한국현장과학교육학회 주제발표. 08. 09.
- 문대영(2008). STEM 통합 접근의 사전 공학교육 프로그램 모형 개발. 공학교육연구, 11(2), 90-101.
- 배선아, 금영충(2009). 공업계열 전문계 고등학교 화공 분야의 STEM 교육에 대한 화공 교사이 인식과 요구. 대한고업교육학회지, 35(1), 44-67.
- 박현주, 김영민, 김영민, 노석구, 정진수, 이은아, 유은정, 이동욱, 박종원, 백윤수(2012). 과학교육 내용표준 개발. 한국과학교육학회지, 32(4), 729-750.
- 백윤수, 김영민, 노석구, 박현주, 정진수, 유은정, 이은아, 이동욱(2010). 과학교육 내용표준 개발연구. 연구보고 2010. 한국과학창의재단.
- 백윤수, 박현주, 김영민, 노석구, 박종윤, 이주연, 정진수, 최유현, 한혜숙(2011). 우리나라 STEAM 교육의 방향. 학습자중심교과교육연구, 11(4), 149-171.
- 송희성, 문광순, 박승재, 이규석, 유준희, 정선양, 정완호, 한효순 (2005). 초. 중. 고등학교 과학교과 교육과정 개선방안, 한국과학기술한림원보고서.
- 이미경, 손원숙, 노언경(2007). PISA 2006 결과 분석 연구: 과학적 소양, 읽기 소양, 수학적 소양 수준 및 배경 변인 분석, 연구보고 RRE 2007-1, 한국교육과정평가원.
- 최유현, 문대영, 강경균, 이진우, 이주호(2008). STEM 기반 발명교육 프로그램 모형 개발. 실과교육연구. 17(1), 165-188.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS, 1994). Benchmarks for Science Literacy. New York: Oxford University Press.
- American Society of Engineering Education(ASEE)(2007). National Contents Standards K-12 Engineering/Engineering Technology. The National Content Standards for K-12 Engineering/Engineering Technology initial development meeting convened by the Corporate Member Council (CMC) of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) and the National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc). Engineering/Engineering Technology Standards Report.
- American Society of Engineering Education(ASEE)(2008). K-12 STEM guideline for all Americans. K-12 Engineering/Engineering Technology Guidelines Meeting Report.
- Babbie, E. (2001). The practice of Social Research: 9th Edition. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Thomson.
- Bybee, R. W.(2010). Advancing STEM Education: A 2020 Vision. Technology and Engineering Teacher, 70(1), 30-35.
- Congressional Research Service(2008), Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics(STEM) Education: Background, Federal Policy, and Legislative Action, Order Code RL33434,
- Doppelt, Y., Schunn, C. D., Silk, E., Mehalik, M., Reynolds, B., & Ward, E.(2009). Evaluating the impact of a facilitated learning community approach to professional development on teacher practice and student achievement. Research in Science & Technological Education, 27(3), 339-354. https://doi.org/10.1080/02635140903166026
- International Society for Technology in Education(ISTE) (2009). The ISTE National Educational Technology Standards(NETS. A) and Performance Indicators for Administrators. ISTE Report.
- International Technology Education Association(ITEA) (2000/2002/2007). Standards for technological literacy: Content for the study of technology. Reston, VA: Author.
- International Technology Education Association(ITEA)(2009). The overlooked STEM imperatives: Technology and engineering. Reston, VA: Author.
- Kvale, S. (1996). Interviews: An Introduction to Qualitative Research Interviewing. Sage Publications.
- National Academy of Engineering(2010). Standards for K-12 Engineering Education? Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press.
- National Academy of Engineering(2010). Rising above the gathering STORM: Revisited Rapidly Approaching Category 5. Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press.
- National Council of Teachers Mathematics(NCTM).(2000). Principles and standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- National Research Council(2011). A framework for K-12 science education: practices, cross-cutting concepts, and core ideas. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
- National Research Council(2011). Successful K-12 STEM Education: Identifying Effective Approaches in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Committee on Highly Successful Science Programs for K-12 Science Education. Board on Science Education and Board on Testing and Assessment, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education. Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press.
- National Science Board(2010). Preparing the next generation of STEM innovators: identigying and developing our nation's human capital. National Science Foundation.
- Pierce, A. & Karwatka, D.(2005). Introduction to Technologt. McGraw-Hill: CA.
- President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)(2010). Change the Equation. Executive Office of the President.
- President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)(2010). PCAST Report, Prepare and inspire: K-12 education in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) for America's future. Executive Office of the President.
- Sanders, M.(2006). A rationale for new approaches to STEM education and STEM education graduate programs. Paper presented at the 93rd Mississippi Valley Technology Teacher Education Conference, Nashville, TN.
- Sanders, M.(2009). STEM, STEM education, STEM mania. The Technology Teacher, 68(4), 20-26.
- Sanders, M. Kwon, Park, & Lee(2012). Integrative STEM education: Contemporary Trends and Issues, 중등교육연구, 59(3), 729-762.
- Schmidt, D. C.(2006). Model Driven Engineering(MED), The IEEE Computer Society, Feb. 25-31.
- Yakman, G.(2010). All about STEAM education. http://www.steamedu.com/html/about_steam_education.html
- Whitehouse(2009). Educate to innovate. The White House.