- Volume 56 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of RESTful Web Service for Loading Data focusing on Daily Meteorological Data
데이터 로딩 자동화를 위한 RESTful 웹서비스 개발 - 일별 기상자료 처리를 중심으로 -
- Kim, Taegon (Institute of Green Bio Science and Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, JeongJae (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural Systems Engineering, Research Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Nam, Won-Ho (School of Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln) ;
- Suh, Kyo (Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology, Institute of Green Bio Science and Technology, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2014.08.11
- Accepted : 2014.11.12
- Published : 2014.11.30
Generally data loading is a laborous job to develop models. Meteorological data is basic input data for hydrological models, it is provided through websites of Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA). The website of KMA provides daily meteorological observation data with tabular format classified by years, items, stations. It is cumbersome to manipulate tabular format for model inputs such as time series and multi-item or multi-station data. The provider oriented services which broadcast restricted formed information have caused inconvenient processes. Tim O'Reilly introduces "Web 2.0" which focuses on providing a service based on data. The top ranked IT companies such as google, yahoo, daum, and naver provide customer oriented services with Open API (Application Programming Interface). A RESTful web service, typical implementation for Open API, consists URI request and HTTP response which are simple and light weight protocol than SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol). The aim of this study is to develop a web-based service that helps loading data for human use instead of machine use. In this study, the developed RESTful web service provides Open API for manipulating meteorological data. The proposed Open API can easily access from spreadsheet programs, web browsers, and various programming environments.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bae, S.-J., D.-S. Kim, and T. Kim, 2010. Development of a web-based information system for rural settlement environment diagnosis. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning 16(3): 117-129 (in Korean).
- Byun, C. H. (translator), 2014. D3.js - data-driven documents (author: Scott Murray, 2013. Interactive data visualization for the web). Seoul: insight (in Korean).
- Chen, Wan Qi, 2014. Cal-heatmap. http://kamisama.github.io/cal-heatmap. Assessed 3 February 2014.
- Cho, J., J. A. Chun, S. Mostaghimi, 2009. Development of a comprehensive modeling system for assessing impact of temporally and spatially changing BMP. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 51(2): 15-27. https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2009.51.2.015
- Fielding, Roy T., 2000. Architectural styles and the design of network-based software architectures, Ph.D. dissertation. University of California, Irvine.
- Harrower, Mark, Cynthia A. Brewer. 2003. ColorBrewer.org: An Online Tool for Selecting Colour Schemes for Maps. The Cartographic Journal 40(1): 27-37. https://doi.org/10.1179/000870403235002042
- Hyun, M.-H., W.-J. Kim, H.-J. Lee, H.-S. Kim, 2013. A study on the user satisfaction of open service for sharing of S&T information, using the public-service customer satisfaction index(PCSI). Journal of the Korean society for information management 30(4): 133-154 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.4.133
- Jeon, J.-H. and S.-B. Lee, 2012. Automatic calibration for noncontinuous observed data using HSPF-PEST. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(6): 111-119 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.6.111
- Joo, J.-H., N.-S. Jung, M.-C. Seo, 2013. Construction of agricultural meteorological data by the new climate change scenario for forecasting agricultural disaster: for 111 agriculture major station. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 55(6): 87-99 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.6.087
- Joo, S. S., S. M. Hong, 2014. Python web programming. Paju, Gyeonggi-do: wikibooks (in Korean).
- Kim, Chul-Jin, 2012. A mashup customization technique of mobile service based on RESTful. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial 13(7): 3182-3187 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.7.3182
- Kim, H.D., S.J. Kim, P.S. Kim, 2011. Development of the priority decision system for redevelopment of agricultural reservoir. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 53(2): 45-52 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2011.53.2.045
- Kim, Young-ju, Kyoung-ju Kim, Young-jung Yu, and Seong-ho Park, 2011. Implementation of XML-based Open API for smartphone middleware. The journal of the Korea Institute of Maritime Information & Communication Sciences 15(4): 869-876 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.4.869
- KMA, 2014. Korea meteorological administration(KMA). http://kma.go.kr. Accessed 10 Mar. 2014.
- KOSTAT, 2014. Statistics Korea(KOSTAT). http://kostat.go.kr. Accessed 12 Mar. 2014.
- Lee, Yong-Ju, 2012. A semantic-based mashup development tool supporting various Open API types. Journal of Korean Society Internet Information 13(3): 115-126 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7472/jksii.2012.13.3.115
- Moon, H. S. (translator), 2013. Bad data handbook - mapping the world of data problems (author: Q. Ethan McCallum, 2012). Chapter 2 Is It Just Me, or Does This Data Smell Funny? and Chapter 3 Data Intended for Human Consumption, Not Machine Consumption. Seoul: B.jpublic (in Korean).
- Nam, W.-H. and J.-Y. Choi, 2013. Development of operation rules in agricultural reservoirs using real-time water level and irrigation vulnerability index. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 55(6): 77-85 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.6.077
- Nam, W. H., J.-Y. Choi, M. W. Jang, B. A. Engel, 2007. Web-based GIS for real time hydrologic topographical data extraction for the Geum river watershed in Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 49(5): 81-90. https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2007.49.5.081
- Nam, W. H., J. Y. Choi, E. M. Hong, and H. K. Kim, 2009. Development of web-GIS based SWAT data generation system. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 51(6): 1-9 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2009.51.6.001
- Nam, W.-H., J.-Y. Choi, S.-H. Yoo, and B. A. Engel, 2012. A real-time online drought broadcast system for monitoring soil moisture index. Journal of Civil Engineering 16(3): 357-365. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-012-1357-3
- Park, C. E., J. T. Kim, S. T. Oh, 2012. Analysis of stagedischarge relationships in the irrigation canal with automeasuring system. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(1): 109-114 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.1.109
- Park, Y. M., A. K. Moon, H. K. Yoo, Y. C. Jung, S. K. Kim, 2010. SOAP-based web services vs. RESTful web services. Electronics and telecommunications trends 25(2): 112-120 (in Korean).
- Programmable web, 2014. Fastest Growing Web API Categories Since 2009. http://www.programmableweb.com/apiresearch. Accessed 25 May 2014.
- Public Data Portal, 2014. Data.go.kr - public data portal. http://data.go.kr. Accessed 4 May 2014.
- Seoul, 2014. Seoul open data plaza. http://data.seoul.go.kr. Accessed 5 May 2014.
- Suh, K., T. Kim, J. Lee, J.J. Lee, 2012. Effective classification framework design and implementation for rural regional information using principal component analysis and cluster analysis. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(1): 73-81 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.1.073
- Wikipedia, 2014. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashup_(web_application_hybrid). Accessed 6 June 2014.
- Design and Implementation of Reference Evapotranspiration Database for Future Climate Scenarios vol.22, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2016.22.4.071