- Volume 15 Issue 20
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Inhibitory Effect of 17-DMAG Nanoparticles and Free 17-DMAG in HSP90 Gene Expression in Lung Cancer
- Mellatyar, Hassan (Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Advance Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Akbarzadeh, Abolfazl (Department of Medical Nanotechnology, Faculty of Advanced Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Rahmati, Mohammad (Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Ghalhar, Masoud Gandomkar (Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Advance Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Etemadi, Ali (Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Advance Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Nejati-Koshki, Kazem (Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Advance Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Zarghami, Nosratallah (Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Advance Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Barkhordari, Amin (Department of Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Advance Medical Sciences, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2014.11.06
Background: Up-regulation of hsp90 gene expression occurs in numerous cancers such as lung cancer. D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid-poly ethylene glycol-17-dimethylaminoethylamino-17-demethoxy geldanamycin (PLGA-PEG-17DMAG) complexes and free 17-DMAG may inhibit the expression. The purpose of this study was to examine whether nanocapsulating 17DMAG improves the anti cancer effect over free 17DMAG in the A549 lung cancer cell line. Materials and Methods: Cells were grown in RPMI 1640 supplemented with 10% FBS. Capsulation of 17DMAG is conducted through double emulsion, then the amount of loaded drug was calculated. Other properties of this copolymer were characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and H nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Assessment of drug cytotoxicity on the grown of lung cancer cell line was carried out through MTT assay. After treatment, RNA was extracted and cDNA was synthesized. In order to assess the amount of hsp90 gene expression, real-time PCR was performed. Results: In regard to the amount of the drug load, IC50 was significant decreased in nanocapsulated(NC) 17DMAG in comparison with free 17DMAG. This was confirmed through decrease of HSP90 gene expression by real-time PCR. Conclusions: The results demonstrated that PLGA-PEG-17DMAG complexes can be more effective than free 17DMAG in down-regulating of hsp90 expression by enhancing uptake by cells. Therefore, PLGA-PEG could be a superior carrier for this kind of hydrophobic agent.
Lung cancer;HSP90;17DMAG-PLGA-PEG;real-time PCR
- Akbarzadeh A, Hosseininasab S, Davaran S, et al (2014). Synthesis, characterization, and In vitro studies of PLGAPEG nanoparticles for oral Insulin delivery. Chem Biol Drug Des, 3, 1-9.
- Akbarzadeh A, Mikaeili H, Zarghami N, et al (2012). Preparation and in-vitro evaluation of doxorubicin-loaded Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles modified with biocompatible copolymer. Int J Nanomedicine, 7, 1-16. https://doi.org/10.2217/nnm.11.171
- Akbarzadeh A, Nejati-Koshki K, Mahmoudi Soghrati M, et al (2013). In vitro studies of NIPAAM-MAA-VP copolymercoated magnetic nanoparticles for controlled anticancer drug release. JEAS, 3, 108-15. https://doi.org/10.4236/jeas.2013.34013
- Abarzadeh A, Omidfar K, Ahmadin A, et al (2014). An electrochemical immunosensor for digoxin using core-shell gold coated magnetic nanoparticles as labels. Mol Biol Rep, 41, 1659-68. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-013-3014-4
Akbarzadeh A, Rezaei A, Nejati-Koshki K, et al (2014). Synthesis and physicochemical characterization of biodegradable star-shaped poly lactide-co-glycolide-
$\beta$-cyclodextrin copolymer nanoparticles containing albumin. J Adv Nanoparticles, 3, 1-9. https://doi.org/10.4236/anp.2014.31001
- Akbarzadeh A, Zarghami N, Mikaeili H, et al (2012). Synthesis, characterization and in vitro evaluation of novel polymercoated magnetic nanoparticles for controlled delivery of doxorubicin. Nanotechnol Sci Appl, 5, 13-25.
- Akbarzadeh A, Rezaei-Sadabady R, Zarghami N, et al (2013). Studies of the relationship between structure and antioxidant activity in interesting systems, including tyrosol, hydroxytyrosol derivatives indicated by quantum chemical calculations. Soft, 2, 13-8. https://doi.org/10.4236/soft.2013.23004
- Akbarzadeh A, Samiei M, Davaran S, et al (2012). Magnetic nanoparticles: preparation, physical properties, and applications in biomedicine. Nanoscale Res Lett, 7, 14-26. https://doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-7-14
- Akbarzadeh A, Samiei M, Joo SW, et al (2012). Synthesis, characterization and in vitro studies of doxorubicin-loaded magnetic nanoparticles grafted to smart copolymers on A549 lung cancer cell line. J Nanobiotechnol, 10, 46-52. https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-3155-10-46
- Bagatell R, Whitesell L (2004). Altered Hsp90 function in cancer: a unique therapeutic opportunity. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 3, 1021-30.
- Banerji U (2009). Heat shock protein 90 as a drug target: some like it hot. Clin Cancer Res 15, 9-14 https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-08-0132
- Benzo R, Wigle D, Novotny P, et al (2011). Preoperative pulmonary rehabilitation before lung cancer resection: Results from two randomized studies. Lung Cancer, 74, 441-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2011.05.011
- Breuer RH, Postmus PE, Smit EF (2005). Molecular pathology of non-small-cell lung cancer. Respiration, 72, 313-30. https://doi.org/10.1159/000085376
- Chiosis G, L Neckers (2006). Tumor selectivity of Hsp90 inhibitors: the explanation remains elusive. ACS Chemical Biology, 1, 279-84. https://doi.org/10.1021/cb600224w
- Crandall K, Maguire R, et al (2014). Exercise intervention for patients surgically treated for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A systematic review. Surg Oncol, 23, 17-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suronc.2014.01.001
- Fukuyo Y, Hunt CR, Horikoshi N, et al (2010). Geldanamycin and its anti-cancer activities. Cancer letters, 290, 24-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canlet.2009.07.010
- Dilnawaz F, Singh A, Mohanty C, Sahoo SK (2010). Dual drug loaded superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapy. Biomaterials, 31, 3694-706. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2010.01.057
- Dobo C, Stavale JN, de Oliveira Lima F, et al (2013). HSP27 is commonly expressed in cervical intraepithelial lesions of Brazilian Women. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 5007-10 https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.9.5007
- Ebrahimnezhad Z, Zarghami N, Keyhani M, et al (2013). Inhibition of hTERT gene expression by silibinin-loaded PLGA-PEG-Fe3O4 in T47D breast cancer cell line. Bioimpacts, 3, 67-74.
- Ghasemali S, Nejati-Koshki K, Tafsiri E, et al (2013). Inhibitory effects of -cyclodextrin-helenalin complexes on H-TERT gene expression in the T47D breast cancer cell line-results of real time quantitative PCR. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6949-53. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6949
- Guo W, Siegel D, Ross D, et al (2008). Stability of the Hsp90 inhibitor 17AAG hydroquinone and prevention of metal catalyzed oxidation. J Pharm Sci 97, 5147-57. https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.21394
- Hussain SP, Hofseth LJ, Harris CC (2001). Tumor suppressor genes: at the crossroads of molecular carcinogenesis, molecular epidemiology and human risk assessment. Lung Cancer, 34, 7-15 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-5002(01)00370-1
- Jemal A, Siegel R (2008). Cancer statistics, 2008. CA: A Cancer J Clin, 58, 7-96. https://doi.org/10.3322/CA.2007.0009
- Karkoulis PK, Stravopodis DJ, Margaritis LH, et al (2010). 17-Allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin induces downregulation of critical Hsp90 protein clients and results in cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of human urinary bladder cancer cells. BMC Cancer, 10, 481. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-10-481
- Mirakabad FT, Akbarzadeh A, Zarghami N, Zeighamian et al., (2013). PLGA-based nanoparticles as cancer drug delivery systems. In: 1st Tabriz international life science conference and 12th Iran biophysical chemistry conference, Tabriz university of medical sciences.
- Kouhi M, Vahedi A, Akbarzadeh A, Hanifehpour Y, Joo SW , et al (2014). Investigation of quadratic electro-optic effects and electro-absorption process in GaN/AlGaN spherical quantum dot. Nanoscale research letters, 9, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-9-1
- Makhnevych T, Houry WA (2012). The role of Hsp90 in protein complex assembly. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1823, 674-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbamcr.2011.09.001
- Mestril R, Batey J (2014). Heat shock proteins protect skeletal muscle against frostbite injury. FASEB J, 28, 1102-43.
- Mollazade M, Nejati-Koshki K, Akbarzadeh A, Hanifehpour Y, et al (2013). PAMAM dendrimers arugment inhibitory effect of curcumin on cancer cell proliferation: possible inhibition of telomerase. Asian Pac J Cancer Pre, 14, 6925-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6925
- Parkin DM, Bray F (2005). Global cancer statistics, 2002. CA: A Cancer J Clin, 55, 74-108. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.55.2.74
- Pearl LH, Prodromou C, Workman P (2008). The Hsp90 molecular chaperone: an open and shut case for treatment. Biochem J, 410, 439-53. https://doi.org/10.1042/BJ20071640
- Pick E, Kluger Y, Giltnane JM, et al (2007). High HSP90 expression is associated with decreased survival in breast cancer. Cancer Res, 67, 2932-7. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-06-4511
- Pourhassan-Moghaddam M, Rahmati-Yamchi M, Akbarzadeh A, et al (2013). Protein detection through different platforms of immuno-loop-mediated isothermal amplification. Nanoscale Res Lett, 8, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-8-1
- Richardson PG, Mitsiades CS, Laubach JP, et al (2011). Inhibition of heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) as a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of myeloma and other cancers. Br J Haematol, 152, 367-79. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2141.2010.08360.x
- Sharp S, Workman P (2006). Inhibitors of the HSP90 molecular chaperone: current status. Adv Cancer Res, 95, 323-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-230X(06)95009-X
- Qu Z, Dong H, Xu X, Feng W, Yi X (2013). Combined effects of 17-DMAG and TNF on cells through a mechanism related to the NF-kappaB pathway. Diagn Pathol, 8, 70. https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-1596-8-70
- Rohl A, Rohrberg J, Buchner J (2013). The chaperone Hsp90: changing partners for demanding clients. Trends Biochem Sci, 38, 253-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibs.2013.02.003
- Sakthivel K, Kannan N, Angeline A, Guruvayoorappan C (2012). Anticancer activity of Acacia nilotica (L.) Wild. Ex. Delile subsp. indica against Dalton's ascitic lymphoma induced solid and ascitic tumor model. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13, 3989-95. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.8.3989
- Shirinbayan V, Roshan VD, et al (2011). Pretreatment effect of running exercise on HSP70 and DOX-induced cardiotoxicity. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5849-55.
- Sun X, Bristol JA, Iwahori S, et al (2013). Hsp90 Inhibitor 17-DMAG decreases expression of conserved herpesvirus protein kinases and reduces virus production in epstein-barr virus-infected cells. J Virol, 87, 10126-38. https://doi.org/10.1128/JVI.01671-13
- Tsuda H (2010). Risk assessment studies of nanomaterials in Japan and other countries. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 13-4.
- Wu GQ, Liu NN, Xue XL, et al (2014). Multiplex real-time PCR for RRM1, XRCC1, TUBB3 and TS mRNA for prediction of response of non-small cell lung cancer to chemoradiotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 4153-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.10.4153
- Whitesell L, Lindquist SL (2005). HSP90 and the chaperoning of cancer. Nature Reviews Cancer, 5, 761-72. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc1716
- Magnetic nanoparticles: Applications in gene delivery and gene therapy pp.2169-141X, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3109/21691401.2015.1014093
- Comparison, synthesis and evaluation of anticancer drug-loaded polymeric nanoparticles on breast cancer cell lines pp.2169-141X, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3109/21691401.2015.1008510
- Recent Advances in Silicon Nanowire Biosensors: Synthesis Methods, Properties, and Applications vol.11, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1186/s11671-016-1618-z
- Paediatric nanofibrous bioprosthetic heart valve vol.11, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-nbt.2016.0159
- New state of nanofibers in regenerative medicine vol.45, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3109/21691401.2016.1170696
- Preparation and characterization of PLGA-β-CD polymeric nanoparticles containing methotrexate and evaluation of their effects on T47D cell line vol.45, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3109/21691401.2016.1160915
- Silibinin-loaded magnetic nanoparticles inhibit hTERT gene expression and proliferation of lung cancer cells vol.45, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/21691401.2016.1276922
- gene expression in mouse B16F10 melanoma tumour model pp.2169-141X, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/21691401.2018.1452021
- Spotlight on 17-AAG as an Hsp90 inhibitor for molecular targeted cancer treatment pp.17470277, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1111/cbdd.13486