- Volume 15 Issue 20
DOI QR Code
Association between Polymorphisms of Interleukin-17A and Interleukin-17F Genes and Silicosis Susceptibility in Chinese Han People
- Chen, Ying (School of Public Health, Hebei United University) ;
- Fan, Xue-Yun (School of Public Health, Hebei United University) ;
- Jin, Yu-Lan (School of Public Health, Hebei United University) ;
- Yao, San-Qiao (School of Public Health, Hebei United University) ;
- Yun, Xiang (School of Public Health, Hebei United University) ;
- Hua, Zheng-Bing (School of Public Health, Hebei United University) ;
- Shen, Fu-Hai (School of Public Health, Hebei United University)
- Published : 2014.11.06
Background: To explore the relationship between polymorphisms of interleukin17 (IL-17) gene(A-832G 7488A/G) and the susceptibility to silicosis, a risk factor for lung cancer. Materials and Methods: A total of 113 silicosis patients and 116 workers without silicosis were enrolled in the case-control study. IL-17A A-832G and IL-17F 7488A/G polymorphisms were evaluated by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP). Results: The frequencies of AA,GG and AG of IL-17A A-832G locus in the case and control groups were 46.9%, 8.0%, 45.1%, and 49.2%, 7.6%, 43.2%, respectively, with no significant differences (p>0.05).The GG genotype in the IL-17F (7488A/G) locus was not found. The frequencies of AA and GA of IL-17F 7488A/G locus in the case and control groups were 84.1%, 15.9% and 66.4%, 33.6%, respectively (p<0.05). Analysis of combined effects showed that the individuals with GG+AG genotype of IL-17A and GG+GA genotype of IL-17F are protected against silicosis (OR=0.469). Conclusions: IL-17F 7488A/G is associated with susceptibility to silicosis, and G allele may have a protective effect. No relationship was found between IL-17A gene polymorphisms at A-832G and silicosis.
Silicosis;IL-17A, IL-17F;polymorphism;disease susceptibility;combined effect
- Arisawa T, Tahara T, Shibata T, et al (2007). Genetic polymorphisms of molecules associated with inflammation and immune response in Japanese subjects with functional dyspepsia. Int J Mol Med, 20, 717-23.
- Arisawa T, Tahara T, Shibata T, et al (2008). The influence of polymorphisms of interleukin-17A and interleukin-17F genes on the susceptibility to ulcerative colitis. J Clinical Immunology, 28, 44-9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10875-007-9125-8
Berran Yucesoy, Val Vallyathan, Douglas P, et al (2001). Association of Tumor Necrosis Factor-
$\alpha$and Interleukin-1 Gene Polymorphisms with Silicosis. Toxicol Appl Pharm, 172, 75-82. https://doi.org/10.1006/taap.2001.9124
- Bazzi MD, Sultan MA, Tassan NA (2011). Interleukin17A and F and asthma in Saudi Arabia: gene polymorphisms and Protein Levels. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol, 21, 551-5.
- Chen W, Liu Y, Wang H, et al (2012). Long-term exposure to silica dust and risk of total and cause-specific mortality in Chinese workers: a cohort study. PLoS Med, 9, 1001206. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001206
- Dong Z, Kang Q, Lei W, et al (2012). Effects of interleukin-17 on murine pulmonary fibroblast proliferation transformation and collagen synthesis. Europepmc Org, 32, 75-9.
- Hayashi R, Tahara T, Shiroeda H, et al (2012). Association of genetic polymorphisms in IL-17A and IL-17F with gastroduodenal diseases. Original Papers, 21, 243-9.
- Fayaz S, Karimmirza M, Tanhaei S, et al (2013). Increased risk of differentiate -d thyroid carcinoma with combined effects of homologous recombination repair gene polymorphisms in an Iranian population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6727-31. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6727
- Gaffen SL (2008). An overview of IL-17 function and signaling. Cytokine, 43, 402-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cyto.2008.07.017
- Gao C M, Ding J H, Li S P, et al (2013). Polymorphisms in XRCC1 gene, alcohol drinking, and risk of colorectal cancer:case-control study in Jiangsu Province of China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6613-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6613
- Kawaguchi M, Takahashi D, Hizawa N, et al (2006). IL-17F sequence variant (His161Arg) is associated with protection against asthma and antagonizes wild-type IL-17F activity. J Allergy Clin Immun, 117, 795-801. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2005.12.1346
- Kaabachi W, Amor A B, Kaabachi S (2014). Interleukin-17A and -17F genes polymorphisms in lung cancer. Science Direct, 66, 123-9.
- Li Q, Wang J M, Peng Y, et al (2013). Association of DNA Base-excision Repair XRCC1, OGG1 and APE1 gene polymorphisms with nasopharyngeal carcinoma susceptibility in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 5145-51. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.9.5145
- Mo let S, H amid Q, Davoine F, et al (2001). IL-17 is in creased in asthmatic airways and induces hum an bronchial fibroblasts to produce cytokines. J Allergy C lin Immunol, 108, 430-8. https://doi.org/10.1067/mai.2001.117929
- Naidoo RN, Robins TG, Murray J (2005). Respiratory outcomes among South African coal miners at autopsy. Am J Ind Med, 48, 217-24. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.20207
- Quan Y, Zhou B, Wang Y et al (2012). Association between IL17polymorphisms and risk of cervical cancer in Chinese women. Clin Dev Immunol, 258-93.
- Oyunbileg S, Wang JD, Sumberzul N, et al (2011). Health impact of pneumoconiosis in Mongolia: estimation of losses in life expectancy and quality adjusted life expectancy. Am J Ind Med, 54, 285-92. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.20930
- Paradowska-Gorycka A, Wojtecka-Lukasik E, Trefler J, et al (2010). Association between IL-17F gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to and severity of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Scand J Immunol, 72, 134-41. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3083.2010.02411.x
- Pingle S (2012). Occupational safety and health in India: now and the future. Ind Health, 50, 167-71. https://doi.org/10.2486/indhealth.MS1366
- Spielman R S, Bastone L A, Burdick J T, et al (2007). Common genetic variants account for differences in gene expression among ethnic groups. Nat Genet, 39, 226-31. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng1955
- Simonian PL, Roark CL, Wehrmann F, et al (2009). Th17-polarized immune response in a murine model of hypersensitivity pneumonitis and lung fibrosis. J Immunol, 182, 657-65. https://doi.org/10.4049/jimmunol.182.1.657
- Shibata T, Tahara T, Hirata I, et al (2009). Genetic polymorphism of interleukin-17A and interleukin-17F genes in gastric carcinogenesis. Hum Immunol, 70, 547-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humimm.2009.04.030
- Shu Q, Yang P, Hou S, et al (2010). Interleukin-17 gene polymorphism is associated with Vogt-Koya nagi-Harada syndr-ome but not with Behcet's disease in a chinese Han population. Hum Imm Unol, 71, 988-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humimm.2010.06.020
- Wang H, Kim HY (2005). Expression of IL-17 homologs and their receptors in the synovial cells of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Mol Cells, 19, 180-4.
- Wang L, Jiang Y, Zhang Y et al (2012). Association analysis of IL-17A and IL-17F polymorphisms in Chinese Han women with breast cancer. PLoS ONE, 7, 34400. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0034400
- Wu X Q, Zeng Z R, Chen B, et al (2012). Association between polymorphisms in interleukin-17A and interleukin-17F genes and risks of gastric cancer. InT J Cancer, 127, 86-92.
- Luo Y (2010). Association analysis of interleukin-17 genes' single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with H.pylori infection associated gastric disease in Chinese population. Third Military Medical University.
- Zhang G Q, Han F, Fang X Z, et al (2012). CD4, IL17 and Foxp3 expression in different pTNM stages of operable non-small cell lung cancer and effects on disease prognosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 3955-60. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.8.3955
- Association of TNFα−308, IFNγ+874, and IL10−1082 gene polymorphisms and the risk of non-small cell lung cancer in the population of the South Indian state of Telangana vol.21, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10147-016-0972-2
- Association between SNPs at IL-17A and IL-17F and susceptibility to accelerated silicosis vol.33, pp.9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/0748233717695431
- Tumor necrosis factor gene polymorphisms are associated with silicosis: a systemic review and meta-analysis vol.39, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1042/BSR20181896