- Volume 58 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analyzing the Trend and Creativity of Entry in Chemistry Sector of National Science Exhibition
과학전람회 화학부문 출품작에서 다룬 주제의 변화 추이 및 독창성 분석
- Received : 2014.08.21
- Accepted : 2014.10.06
- Published : 2014.12.20
This study analyze the trend and creativity of entry in chemistry sector of National Science Exhibition. For this study, award-winning entry in chemistry sector of National Science Exhibition during the last five years (2009-2013) were analyzed. The inquiry subject were classified six different items. The creativity evaluation rating of each entry was decided by a survey of the evaluator groups; teachers who participated in the training, winners' teacher. The results turned out as follows: First, In case of trying to choose inquiry subject of entry, it would be better for teacher to guide student into choosing everyday life or natural phenomenon in elementary school level, everyday life or academic area in middle school level, academic area in high school. Second, there was no correlation of creativity rating and actual award rating. Therefore, teacher will need to guide students' research synthetically in a variety of research areas.
Inquiry subject;National Science Exhibition;Creativity evaluation
- Oh, J. T.; Ha, G. T. The Journal of the Science Education Center 1999, 24, 65-79.
- Jang, J. A.; Jhun, Y. S. Journal of the Society for the International Gifted in Science 2008, 2(2), 149-163.
- Choi, D. S.; Han, H. E. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education 2001, 20(1), 59-74.
- Ha, D. C. Symposium of Science Education 1994, 40-67.
- Choi, D. S. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education 2003, 22(1), 97-108.
- Hur, M. K.; Huh, H. W. Journal of Korean Biology Education 2001, 29(3) 272-280.
- Huh, H. W.; Shon, S. O.; Hur, M. K. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2003, 23(2) 117-130.
- Hur, H. W.; Hur, M. K. Journal of Korean Biology Education 2003, 31(1) 1-15.
- Kim, S. K.; Cha, H. Y.; Kim, J. B. New Physics: Sae Mulli 2005, 50(3), 123-133.
- Ryu, S. G.; Park, J. S. The Secondary Education Research 2009, 57(2), 59-83.
- Kim, M. S. Journal of Educational Psychology 2002, 16(2), 153-172.
- Amabile, T. M. Creativity in Context: Update to the Social Psychology of Creativity; Westview Press: Boulder, CO, 1996.
- Getzels, J. W.; Csikszentmihalyi, M. The Creative Vision: A Longitudinal Study of Problem Finding in Art; John Wiley: New York, 1976.
- Sternberg, R. J. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology 1985, 49(3) 607-627. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.117