- Volume 38 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Dispersion Pattern Simulation of Tungsten Impactors According to Mass and Shape of Explosives
폭약 질량과 형상에 따른 텅스텐 충격자의 분산 패턴 시뮬레이션
- Sakong, Jae ;
- Woo, Sung-Choong ;
- Bae, Yong-Woon ;
- Choi, Yeoun-Jin ;
- Cha, Jung-Phil ;
- Ga, In-Han ;
- Kim, Tae-Won
- Received : 2014.03.14
- Accepted : 2014.10.12
- Published : 2014.12.01
The dispersion pattern of a near miss neutralizer has a great effect on the disablement of a threatening projectile. This study numerically investigated the dispersion pattern of cylindrical tungsten impactors by an explosion in the near miss neutralizer. The mass and shape of the explosive were considered as influencing factors on the dispersion pattern. The explosives were set using two shape models: a parallel shape with the same upper and lower thicknesses and a tapered shape with different upper and lower thicknesses. In the simulation results, the dispersed impactors formed a ring-shaped pattern on a two-dimensional plane in an arbitrary space. In addition, the fire net area increased with the explosive mass when the explosive shapes were identical. In particular, the tapered shape explosive formed a larger fire net area than the parallel shape explosive. Based on the analysis of the fire net area along with the dispersion density, both the explosive mass and shape representing the physical characteristics should be considered for controlling the dispersion pattern of impactors in a near miss neutralizer.
Dispersion pattern;Tungsten;Fire Net;Neutralizer
- Lloyd R. M. and Sebeny, J. L., 2006, "Novel Penetrator Study for Defeat of Ballistic Missile Payloads," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 33, pp. 380-389. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2006.09.061
- Lloyd, R. M., 2000, "Near Miss Warhead Technology with Multiple Effects Against Submunition Payloads," 9th Annual AIAA/BMDO Technology Conference.
- Arnold, W. and Rottenkolber, E., 2008, "Lethality Enhancer Against TBMS with Demanding Submunition Payloads," 24th International Symposium on Ballistics.
- Lloyd, R. M., 2001, Physics of Direct Hit and Near Miss Warhead Technology, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., Virginia.
- Lloyd, R. M., 2007, "The use of Novel Penetrators and Rod Warheads Against Ballistic Missiles," 4th International Conference on Missile Defence.
- Jo, J. H., Lee, Y. S., Kim, J. H. and Bae, Y. W., 2013, "Study on Penetration Characteristics of Tungsten Cylindrical Penetrator," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp.1083-1091. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.9.1083
- Swisdak, M., 1948, "Explosion Effects and Properties: Part II - Explosion Effects in Water," Naval Surface Weapons Center/WOR, TR 76-116.
- Cole, R. H., 1948, Underwater Explosion, Prinseton, New Jersey: Prinseton University Press.
- Wilkins, M. L., 1964, The Equation of State of PBX 9404 and LXO4-01, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory, California, USA.
- You, K. H. and Son, M. K., 2013, "Hauling time Prediction of the Muck Generated by a Blasting Around a Tunnel," Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 33-47. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.1.033
- Hallquist, J. O., 2013, LS-DYNA Keyword user's Manual, Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC), Livermore, California.
- Teng Hailong and Wang Jason, 2014, "Particle Blast Method (PBM) for the Simulation of Blast Loading," 13th International LS-DYNA Users Conference.
- Buchar, J. and Voldrich, J., 2001, "Numerical Simulation of the Wood Response to the High Velocity Loading," 3rd European LS-DYNA Conference.
- Dobratz, B. M. and Crawford, P. C., 1985, LLNL Explosives Handbook Properties of Chemical Explosives and Explosive Simulants, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California, USA.
- Blatz, P. J. and Ko, W. L., "Application of finite Elastic Theory to the Deformation of Rubbery Materials," Transaction of the Society of Rheology, Vol. 6, PP. 233-251.
- Francois, P., 2004, "Loading Restrictions for the Blatz-Ko Hyperelastic Model-Application to a Finite Element Analysis," International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 39, pp. 969-976. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7462(03)00089-1
- Kim, J. H., 2007, "Shock Response Analysis Under Underwater Explosion for Underwater Ship Using ALE Technique," Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 218-226.
- Tabatabaei, Z. S. and Volz, J. S., 2012, "A Comparison Between Three Different Blast Methods in LS-DYNA : LBE, MM-ALE, Coupling of LBE and MM-ALE," 12th International LS-DYNA Users Conference.
Supported by : (주)한화 종합연구소