- Volume 38 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the 1-Way FSI Analysis for Shutter of Side Jet Thruster
측추력기 Shutter의 단방향 유체-구조 연성해석에 관한 연구
- Ko, Jun Bok (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Seo, Min Kyo (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Lee, Kyeong Ho (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Baek, Ki Bong (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Cho, Seung Hwan (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center)
- Received : 2014.06.17
- Accepted : 2014.09.03
- Published : 2014.12.01
In this study, 1-way fluid structure interaction analysis(FSI) for the shutter, component of side jet thruster was performed to evaluate the safety. Driving torque to open nozzle, thermal and high pressure load of hot gas was applied to shutter. Thus, the shutter must be designed to endure this load during combustion. We carried out computational fluid dynamics analysis to obtain the pressure, temperature, and heat transfer coefficient of hot gas of side jet thruster. We then used the data as the load condition for a thermal structural analysis using a mapping method. The locations with the maximum stress and temperature distributions were found. We compared the maximum stress with the tensile stress of shutter material according to temperature to evaluate the safety. We also analyzed the radial deformation of the shutter to set the proper interface gap with the side jet thruster parts.
Side Jet Thruster;Shutter;Fluid Structure Interactions;Thermal Structural Analysis;Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Kim, Y. G. and Kim, K. C., 2007, "FSI Analysis on Wind Turbine Blade," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, pp. 2368-2371
- Briggs, J. Z. and Barr, R. Q., 1971, "Arc-Cast Molybdenum-Base TZM Alloy : Properties and Applications," High Temperatures-High Pressures, Vol. 3, pp. 363-409.
- Coskeram, R. V., 2002, "Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A," Springer Boston, Vol. 33, p. 3685.
- Abaqus 6.12 User's Manual
- Fluent 14.0 User's Manual
- Menter, F. R., Ferreira, J. C., Esch, T. and Konno, B., 2003, "The SST Turbulence Model with Improved Wall Treatment for Heat Transfer Predictions in Gas Turbines," Proceedings of the International Gas Turbine Congress, pp. 2-7.