- Volume 38 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Material Stress Fringe Constant Measurement of Specimen under Pure Bending Load by Use of Photoelastic Phase Shifting Method
광탄성 위상이동법을 이용한 순수굽힘보 시편의 재료 응력 프린지 상수 측정
- Received : 2014.06.24
- Accepted : 2014.09.11
- Published : 2014.12.01
In a photoelastic experiment, it is necessary to know the material stress fringe constant of the photoelastic specimen to determine the stresses from the measured isochromatic fringe orders. The material stress fringe constant can be obtained using a simple tension specimen and/or a circular disk under diametric compression. In these methods, there is generally a need to apply numerous loads to the specimen in response to the relationship of the fringe order. Then, the least squares method is used to obtain the material constant. In this paper, the fringe orders that appear on a four-point bending specimen are used to determine the fringe constant. This method requires four photoelastic fringes obtained from a circular polariscope by rotating the analyzer to 0,
Photoelasticity;Material Fringe Constant;Phase Shifting Method;Isochromatic Fringe;Pure Bending
- Dally, J. W. and Riley, W. F., 1991, Experimental Stress Analysis, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, Inc., pp. 441-444.
- Burger, C. P., 1993, "Chapter 5 Photoelasticity in Handbook on Experimental Mechanics," 2nd Ed., Edited by A. S. Kobayashi, Society for Experimental Mechanics, Inc., Bethel, Connecticut, pp. 165-266.
- Sharples Stress Engineers Ltd. Unit 29, Old Mill Industrial Est., School Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancs, U. K. PR5 6SY.
- Cloud, G. L., 1995, Optical Methods of Engineering Analysis, Cambridge University Press, pp. 57-76.
- Asundi, A., 1993, "Phase Shifting in Photoelasticity," Experimental Techniques, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 19-23.
- Baek, T. H., Kim, M. S. and Cho, S. H., 2005, "Measurement of Isochromatic Fringe Distribution of a TV Glass Panel by Use of Photoelastic 4-step Phase Shifting Method," Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. pp. 1-8.
- Baek, T. H. and Lee, J. C., 1994, "Development of Image Processing Technique for Photoelastic Fringe Analysis," Trans. of KSME, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 2577-2584.
- Baek, T. H., 1993, "Development Image Processing Technique for Photoelastic Isochromatic Fringe Sharpening," Journal of the Korean Precision Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 220-230.
- ANSYS 14, www.ansys.com, ANSYS, Inc.
Supported by : 한국연구재단